Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Notices

Old September 1st, 2015, 09:55 AM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: How balanced are AotP units to classic 'scape?

Ok.
You do realize that not everyone is ignorant of MtG here, and might have even been playing it for decades, right?

As for colors, you can rationalize anything anyway you want. I can even rationalize blue and white for werewolves without stretching thin believability.

This discussion is turning into feeling less of a discussion than it does being told what is right or wrong.
Old September 1st, 2015, 10:07 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
This reminds me of the thought experiment of All of Marvel figures vs Vipers, Sooooo many vipers. That debate was never settled either.
That debate was settled, actually. On a normal Heroscape map, the Vipers won handily.
Old September 1st, 2015, 10:14 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

@MegaSilver - I suppose that was a while ago and my memory is not what is was.

Here is another comparison
Both have an attack special power, double spaced and decent defense.

Firecats: 100 Points for 6 lives
- Can only activate one attack on summon.
- More useful attack ablity (maybe?)

Deathstalkers 200 points for 6 lives
- Better defense.
- Better hero killers
- Deathcommander synergy (C3V)

I would likely take 500 points of Red over 500 points of deathstalkers. Build a competative 500 point Deathstalker/Deathcommander Army and you may have a decent fight, but I still think Red takes it.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 1st, 2015, 10:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's worth noting that Deathstalkers aren't particularly good in the Heroscape universe by itself, though, so the AotP figures having a bit of an advantage doesn't necessarily mean the games don't balance with each other - it just means the Deathstalkers still aren't particularly good.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 1st, 2015, 11:14 AM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It's worth noting that Deathstalkers aren't particularly good in the Heroscape universe by itself, though, so the AotP figures having a bit of an advantage doesn't necessarily mean the games don't balance with each other - it just means the Deathstalkers still aren't particularly good.
But if the Hellcats are really good, and they are so similar then it may indicate that they are off balance. As it stands I don't see too much of an issue here.

Old September 1st, 2015, 04:02 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well they definitely fit in different armies (Planeswalker vs. non-Planeswalker), so I don't think similarity is a huge issue in that regard.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 1st, 2015, 04:21 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yes, I think the balance may be in the broader armies--not any specific cost comparison, but between a 500 point Arena army v. a 500 point Scape army, for example.
Old September 4th, 2015, 12:48 AM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

So I decided to run a best of five duels between Chandra and Hasbro's Hulk. I know he isn't classic scape but its the closest official figure in terms of points. Chandra's 365 vs Hulk's 370. I also considered the red spell deck to be included in the price of Chandra, so I added them in.

I should point out that I took some liberties with some of the magic cards. Since scape dosent have planeswalkers and planeswalkers are the center of aotp armies I had every card just deal damage to Hulk as if he was planeswalker/creature, which he technically is

So game 1Hulk won initiative and survived Chandra's instant damage spells and won with 3 remaining life.

Game 2. Chandra won initiative and ended up winning with 1 life remaining.

Game 3. Hulk wins initiative and wins with 1 remaining life.

Game 4. Chandra wins initiative and beats Hulk with 5 life remaining.

Game 5. Tiebreaker. Hulk won initiative. The two wore each other done and both had 1 life remaining at the end of the first round. Hulk won initiative for the second round and managed to take Chandra out with his normal attack. It should be noted that had Chandra won initiative she would have taken Hulk out with Super Heated.

Overall I was impressed with how balanced the two were, I was half expecting Hulk to steamroll, but not only did Chandra hold her own she proved to be Hulk's equal. The deciding factor in every match was the initiative roll. Whoever went first won the match. Which says to me that the two are as close to equal as you can get.

TL;DR AotP and Scape aseem to be very balanced points wise.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 4th, 2015, 10:11 AM

I remember the debates about mixing marvel with classic, this would likely blow their minds.

I also recall reading designer notes where the hulk was up against an equal value of Romans, and how that was playtested. Having read @quzol battle report of Knights vs Chandra, It is vaguely similar. It really seems like classic scape was at least considered when dishing out the points in AotP. Otherwise is would be a crazy coincedence.

Old September 4th, 2015, 04:42 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

@wriggz

I never got the whole Marvel scape points don't match classic scape points.I mean the designers already had a system of pricing units for classic, why would they make a whole new system that had similar point values but slightly different. Just doesn't make sense to me.

It seems that classic, Marvel, and AotP all use the same pricing system and can be used together, assuming you don't mind the thematic differences.

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 4th, 2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
@wriggz

I never got the whole Marvel scape points don't match classic scape points.I mean the designers already had a system of pricing units for classic, why would they make a whole new system that had similar point values but slightly different. Just doesn't make sense to me.
But, as a quick recap of that huuuuge debate, it's not that anyone was claiming the points didn't match, it was simply that Marvel Heroscape and classic Heroscape were not extensively tested with each other and, in particular, classic Heroscape was not designed, tested, or costed with any Marvel Heroscape figures in mind.

So in theory, since they're on the same point systems, more or less, they should be balanced together. But there was no playtesting quality control done to ensure it, so it's sort of a "use at your own risk" type of thing. In practice, I think most people find it to be balanced just fine, but they didn't take any specific measures to make sure it would be, which is why the official line is "they can be played together, but it's not recommended."

It's not recommended you don't, they just didn't do anything in particular to support the playing of them together. Does that make sense?

Old September 4th, 2015, 11:26 PM

@ IAmBatman that makes sense. I always mixed the Marvel stuff with classic and never had an issue with it. I would never do that now as I have since discovered C3G. Now I keep my supers and classic scape far away from each other.

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender