Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:47 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart
Please help my 400 point army

Okay this is kind of a long story but i'm 13 and my dad is kinda getting into scape. Now my little brother (who's not very good) and my two cousins (who aren't amazing players either) will soon be having a 400 point tourney. My original army to try was

marcus 100
negoksa 90
legionarres x2 100
roman archer x2 110

Then my dad had started beating me against it so i was thinking of making a q9 army .

Q9
x2 legionarres
monks
theracus

yea its not great but i played my dad with it and q9 kicked butt so I won. Then i made him this army to counter Q9

Krug
Concan
Marro warriors
Tarn Vikings
Krav Maga

He beat me. So my little brother (who's army wasn't very good) asked if he could use it for our tourney. Now i've been playtesting my army against it (I play myself) and I can't beat it. I don't know if he would use the same strategy as me but i want to be sure i can beat it.
Please help. (told you it was a long post)
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:48 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
which army are you playing against?

Cheers to all of you!

Cheers to your favorite crew!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:39 PM

the krug
marro
vikings
concan
and krav maga

I need something to beat it. Preferably with Q9 but it doesn't have to be.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:40 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
Alright, after some research, here is my picks to combat said army;

3x robo rats for 120
1x Airborne Elite 110
1x Ninjas 110
1x dead eye dan 60

For 400 points.

I would swarm out the rats to lock up those pesky krav and even the marro (warriors?), basically any ranged units.

Depending on when i drop my AE, they would be deployed to eliminate the threat of krug asap, always using high ground.

The ninjas can then sneak in and take out the KM and even Krug, basically prioritize the threats.

AND, once the rats have the KM locked up, you can sit back and pick them off with Dead Eye.

Adapt strategy accordingly. Of course the map and the strategy of the other player will have a lot of influence on how well thebasic strategy works.

Wilks

Cheers to all of you!

Cheers to your favorite crew!
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:37 AM

Mystyc has disabled reputation
What all do you have access to?

Given a clean slate, I might go with something like:

Braxas
Sudema
Marro Warriors/Warriors of Ashra

Braxas is, frankly, a brick house, especially when you know going in that your opponent is packing lots of medium squads. The only character who is immune to Acid Breath is Krug, but if you just don't attack him while you're melting his other figures, he shouldn't cause too much trouble.

When it comes time to actually take Krug down, Sudema is one of the few figures that can beat him in a straight-up fight more than half the time. Use Braxas's big body to prevent him from engaging to tilt the table even further.

For the final 50, I would say Marro Warriors just on quality, but you may only have the one set. If that's the case, Warriors of Ashra are a respectable way to clog Krug up some more.

Some scattered customs: Corona, Deathwalker 10000
Old August 24th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You might try the Q9+Braxas army. Send Q9 out front in the early turns, so he has plenty of running room when Krug approaches him. Try to spread your attacks among the different unique squads and avoid hitting Krug at first, so the opposition can't get full value out of any order marker. Remember, you'd rather Braxas fell first, because when the enemy is down to Krug and fewer than 3 medium figures, Braxas will start to falter. Q9 is the better endgame figure.
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Good ideas. Yea i ony have 1 ms. Right now i'm saving for a swarm of the marro then i'd like to get at least 2 or 3 packs of rats because everyone says they're amazing and i don't have them yet. I also want a couple gladiatrons and mabye 1 or 2 more blasts (I only have 1) anyway an army that i camp up with that i playtested against myself that worked pretty well was

syvarris 100
blastatrons 60
izumi 60
major X17 100
monks 80

like i said i'd like to replace the monks with the glads (i think they're 80 points right?). The battlefield i'm playing on really benefits the monks but they're still to vulnerable from range as is x17. I used him to tie up krug for a bit while I shoot him down w/ blasts/syvarris. Izumi was able to tie up the krav and marro warriors nicely. This army needs some work escspecially with the glads. Any advice on the stuff i should get. My birthdays coming up and christmas and my uncle will probably get me either the sotm or something else heroscape then i want to get some more blasts glads and some rats. Ideas?
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Not only are the Deathreavers good, but the Warriors of Ashra that come in the same pack with them are useful for tying up Krug as well. Gladiatrons come with the frenzying Aubrien Archers who are very fun to play in multiples. So both those common packs would indeed be good for you, I think.

And don't forget about Lawmen and Samurai-- one of the best unique packs there is, in my opinion.
Old August 24th, 2007, 09:25 PM

Okay cool. I need to start saving some money.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion