Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Notices

Old March 26th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
My son kept putting enchantments on units in the reserve to buff them before summoning them.
Clever son for thinking he could though

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 1st, 2016, 09:57 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got trashed by my wife in a game of black planeswalker (me) vs blue planeswalker (her.) She won with 2 life on her Planeswalker and two figures of each of her two squads on the map.

I thought I had a hot move with a "deal 3 wounds to each squad creature adjacent to you" spell, so I moved my PW into four of her squaddies only to get the spell freaking countered. It was basically game over right there. She unsummoned my one squad and then wrecked 2 out of the three of the other squad.

How do you play the black walker? All melee squads, zombies with 1 life and 1 defense?!? I thought they would be cool (maybe not OP like blue, but at least a decent fight) and fun to use.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; December 24th, 2022 at 01:20 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 10:19 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@brandonwiker , I've found if you get your squaddies in to wound the enemy creatures, liliana can snuff them out quite easily. Jace, the blue planeswalker is a pain with all his sorcery greatness.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 2nd, 2016, 10:58 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

With Liliana, I make use of the squads. Blighted Reavers -2 defense to opponent creatures Restless Zombies return from the dead, Liliana pumping up both squads Defense then Snuffing Out to finish 'em off...

Last edited by Cavalier; April 2nd, 2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 12:49 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
With Liliana, I make use of the squads. Blighted Reavers -2 defense to oponent creatures creatures Restless Zombies rerurn from the dead, Liliana pumping up both squads Defense then Snuffing Out to finish 'em off...
I thought only the 1 defense zombies could get that defense buff? I just feel the zombies at 1 life and 1-2 defense is so weak. Plus, you can't regen the squad if only one of them is alive on the field, right? It seems so easy to play around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@brandonwiker , I've found if you get your squaddies in to wound the enemy creatures, liliana can snuff them out quite easily. Jace, the blue planeswalker is a pain with all his sorcery greatness.
I got one of my two squad kills that game with snuff out, and the other with the spell "sac one of your squaddies adjacent to one of theirs to destroy theirs."

Oh well, I'm sure I'll learn with time. More advice is welcome, thank you guys.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 01:41 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
I thought only the 1 defense zombies could get that defense buff? I just feel the zombies at 1 life and 1-2 defense is so weak. Plus, you can't regen the squad if only one of them is alive on the field, right? It seems so easy to play around.
Any Zombie you control. Both Blighted Reavers and Restless Zombies are zombies, so receive the bonus.
Quote:
ZOMBIE TOUGHNESS
All Zombies you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Liliana get +1 (toughness).
Yes, you can only rebirth your zombies if they are all destroyed, but if your opponent decides not to destroy one, use it as a buzzing gnat
Old April 2nd, 2016, 08:22 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

... Or snuff it out for more life.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 22nd, 2016, 05:57 AM

ZeusEQ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
I have a question regarding Leaf Arrow, the green enchantment. It says "enchanted planeswalker gets +1 power as long as it is unengaged. Before enchanted Planeswalker attacks, you may destroy leaf arrow. If you do, enchanted Planeswalker gets +2 power until end of turn"

A rule-lawyer friend of mine interpreted it this way: You can enchant a planeswalker to give him +1 power as long as he is unengaged. However, if you discard it, the planeswalker gets a flat +2 power and the engagement thing is not necessary. I hadn't thought about that before but the card is ambiguous.

Thoughts?
The above was posted some time ago, but as I'm expecting my copy of the game any day now, I was reading up on some of the most common holes in the rules, and came across this one.

It seems the consensus was that you could destroy the enchantment voluntarily to receive the +2 bonus which you can then also use in an engagement, as for that half of the ability the restriction was not mentioned. However, the voluntary destruction takes place before you attack - ie after you move. That would mean you can't destroy the enchantment for the +2 bonus, and then move into engagement - and you can't be engaged BEFORE destroying the enchantment voluntarily, as the enchantment would be destroyed automatically (without yielding the +2 bonus) as soon as you moved into engagement, right? So the bonus only ever works for ranged attacks.

Did I misunderstand something, or was this maybe overlooked before?

--Zeus
Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:10 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEQ View Post
... you can't be engaged BEFORE destroying the enchantment voluntarily, as the enchantment would be destroyed automatically (without yielding the +2 bonus) as soon as you moved into engagement, right?
Nothing on the card says that it is destroyed when you move into engagement. It just says that if you are engaged you don't get the bonus that turn.

--

Quote:
So the bonus only ever works for ranged attacks.
The +1 bonus, yes, but the +2 bonus would work for all attacks.

--

The real ambiguity to me is whether you *also* get the +1 while non-engaged after you destroy the enchantment (for a total of +3 for the turn). My take is no, since you destroyed the enchantment that part is no longer in effect.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 22nd, 2016, 02:30 PM

ZeusEQ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
... you can't be engaged BEFORE destroying the enchantment voluntarily, as the enchantment would be destroyed automatically (without yielding the +2 bonus) as soon as you moved into engagement, right?
Nothing on the card says that it is destroyed when you move into engagement. It just says that if you are engaged you don't get the bonus that turn.

--

Quote:
So the bonus only ever works for ranged attacks.
The +1 bonus, yes, but the +2 bonus would work for all attacks.

--

The real ambiguity to me is whether you *also* get the +1 while non-engaged after you destroy the enchantment (for a total of +3 for the turn). My take is no, since you destroyed the enchantment that part is no longer in effect.
Indeed, I don't know where I got the notion that the enchantment was destroyed when moving into engagement... I guess I must have read "as long as it is unengaged" as "as long as it STAYS unengaged" or something like that .

So I have to agree with your assessment, and I also agree with your interpretation that the +1 bonus for the enchantment no longer applies as soon as you voluntarily destroy it.

Thanks for setting me straight .
Old April 25th, 2016, 11:00 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Random question. If I have multiple copies of the core set, is there any reason players can't draft a set of spell cards towards a specific point value. As a result, they are likely to have multiples of a given spell.
Old April 25th, 2016, 12:13 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Random question. If I have multiple copies of the core set, is there any reason players can't draft a set of spell cards towards a specific point value. As a result, they are likely to have multiples of a given spell.
There is no reason why players can't. You can build your deck out of whatever you want, provided it doesn't exceed the point limit.

However, you cannot have more than one unique squad from the base set.

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs