Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 30th, 2020, 11:04 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Alternate Sculpts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Miniature market has a sale taking place right now - there are some Rune Wars miniatures that make really good proxy options for C3V units like skeleton archers, Cathar Spearmen, Breach (the big golem), and even classic units like Acolarh, Aubrien Archers, Sir Gilbert, and Templar Cavalry.

Miniature Market

Rune Wars minis do come unpainted and require a little bit of assembly. But from my experience as a beginner they are quite straightforward to assemble.
Thanks, Flash! There aren't particular things for me to put in the OP here, so I'll move your announcement somewhere to try to get more eyes on it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 30th, 2020, 02:12 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Miniature market has a sale taking place right now - there are some Rune Wars miniatures that make really good proxy options for C3V units like skeleton archers, Cathar Spearmen, Breach (the big golem), and even classic units like Acolarh, Aubrien Archers, Sir Gilbert, and Templar Cavalry.

Miniature Market

Rune Wars minis do come unpainted and require a little bit of assembly. But from my experience as a beginner they are quite straightforward to assemble.
Thanks, Flash! There aren't particular things for me to put in the OP here, so I'll move your announcement somewhere to try to get more eyes on it.
Perfect! Thanks D_S!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 9th, 2020, 07:24 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I found what might be a good alternate for Morgoloth?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7871059...on1=1333112664

The seller is offering free shipping and a prepainted option for $20.00, which seems relatively reasonable for a mini of that size and detail? It can also be ordered with a sword instead of an axe.

Old September 9th, 2020, 08:46 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ooh, I like it. But I can’t put it in the OP unless I know the size.

A great Morgoloth pose and features, though.

= =
Old September 9th, 2020, 09:03 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It comes in a few different sizes apparently. Large is 146 x 146 x 110mm. Medium is "standard 32 mm". I'm not super familiar with miniature size comparisons off the top of my head so I'm not sure if that's good or not?
Old September 9th, 2020, 09:57 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Heroscape scale varies, but I've often seen it described as 28mm. It's possible that it would work, but I couldn't say, based just on that information.

I want the OP to be something that people will be able to depend on for exactly this kind of thing, so I'm reluctant to hope for the best. Thanks again, though!

= =
Old September 9th, 2020, 10:20 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Heroscape scale is "Hero 28mm" which is larger than standard 28mm. Characters like Ogres and Varkaanan are 32mm usually.

If you order this figure in medium it may work. If you end up doing that I would be interested in seeing it.
Old September 9th, 2020, 10:56 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Heroscape scale is "Hero 28mm" which is larger than standard 28mm. Characters like Ogres and Varkaanan are 32mm usually.

If you order this figure in medium it may work. If you end up doing that I would be interested in seeing it.
I 100% agree with this assessment. Based on the description, it's *likely* that it works at the 32mm size.

Though we might agree that some Heroscape minis - the Ice Troll Berserker, the Death Knights, and a small handful of others - don't appear to be quite "28mm Hero."

= =
Old September 9th, 2020, 11:25 PM

Jamminguitar Woo who?
Lightbulb Re: Alternate Sculpts

I don't see many people use Games Workshop sculpts on here, but I think a really cool alternate sculpt for Zogross Hardscale is one of Warhammer's "Saurus Oldblood"s. He definitely carries a bit of that Latin American "Tribal" feel with his Mayan aesthetic, and while he has to be assembled and painted, it likely does not take much time at all to bring him to Heroscape quality!

EDIT: He is also a $15 plastic, so he is pretty reasonably priced for Warhammer standards(still double the price of the original D&D figure, but as with most D&D minis it is a very inferior sculpt).
Old September 9th, 2020, 11:33 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

That's a really good pose for Zogross. Aren't some of those GW minis a little small? What's its size?

= =
Old September 10th, 2020, 08:54 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Games Workshop minis are a 25mm scale typically so a touch smaller than the epic scale Heroscape uses but I'd have to see the size side by side. Reaper does have a few Bones plastic unpainted lizardfolk minis out there as well. Nothing that is "unarmed" per say.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 10th, 2020, 10:33 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I would think that for proxies of minis you would want a proxy that is cheaper than the original sculpt. Is zogross hardscale more than 15 bucks nowadays?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs