Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old October 9th, 2018, 01:33 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Orc's Power Rankings

I agree! I'm generally introducing a lot of people on my campus to the game, so having a list of those kinds of terms would be really beneficial. I'm sure that many others will find it useful as well.
Old October 9th, 2018, 11:30 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Well, THIS was a fun read! Just discovered this thread!

Kudos to ya, OEAO!
Old October 9th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, you go away for a few years, you come back, there are new things.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 8th, 2018, 12:26 PM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker

Interested in the reasoning for Ornak's ranking (I believe it was a B or B- ?) on this list. Also curious as to how Hatamoto Taro is ranked so high? (Believe his ranked A+). I've always referenced @spider_poision 's article (https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ead.php?t=6171 for those who are curious) and thought the reasoning for the rankings was fair and explained well. (Not trying to say anything bad about these rankings! Just curious!)
Old November 8th, 2018, 06:49 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
Interested in the reasoning for Ornak's ranking (I believe it was a B or B- ?) on this list. Also curious as to how Hatamoto Taro is ranked so high? (Believe his ranked A+). I've always referenced @spider_poision 's article (https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ead.php?t=6171 for those who are curious) and thought the reasoning for the rankings was fair and explained well. (Not trying to say anything bad about these rankings! Just curious!)
I’m guessing Hata is ranked A+ because he can kill Q9 in one OM (if Hata has height and +1 atk glyph.) Add Taelord to that mix and he can even kill Raelin in one OM (but let’s not get carried away!) He’s a savage animal, I’m not sure how he passed QC, honestly.

/s
Old November 8th, 2018, 06:51 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The GenCon Main Event this year was won by Matthias with an Axegrinders build. He also included Hatamoto Taro, for moral support. The A+ ranking is a little joke about that.
Old November 10th, 2018, 02:12 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The GenCon Main Event this year was won by Matthias with an Axegrinders build. He also included Hatamoto Taro, for moral support. The A+ ranking is a little joke about that.
This is a bit of an aside, but I always thought that a dwarf army had the potential to be very good, maybe it's just because they're so expensive now they aren't really seen in tournaments. I only have one squad of them right now, but I always wanted to try an Axegrinders x3, Mogrimm, Migol, and Darrak team out.
Old November 10th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
Quote:
This is a bit of an aside, but I always thought that a dwarf army had the potential to be very good, maybe it's just because they're so expensive now they aren't really seen in tournaments. I only have one squad of them right now, but I always wanted to try an Axegrinders x3, Mogrimm, Migol, and Darrak team out.
They are quite good, but a touch below Heavies and Knights. They get used quite a bit at GenCon, especially in formats like General Wars and 4x4s. You’re generally better off with an extra squad rather than an extra hero- the 3 hero build really isn’t very viable. Drop Migol for an extra squad.
Old November 11th, 2018, 11:14 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
Quote:
They are quite good, but a touch below Heavies and Knights. They get used quite a bit at GenCon, especially in formats like General Wars and 4x4s. You’re generally better off with an extra squad rather than an extra hero- the 3 hero build really isn’t very viable. Drop Migol for an extra squad.
That's a good point, and something I never really thought about. Now I need to think about whether I wanna buy 3 more squads of these guys or buy groceries for the month...XD
Old November 11th, 2018, 05:35 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Tough call.

Groceries for the Month

Planet: Earth
General: Ullar
Species: Fruit 'n' Veg
Uniqueness: Common Squad (4 figs)
Class: Food
Personality: Tasty
Size: Small 2

Life: 1
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defence: 3

Cabbage Toss
If a Grocery for the Month is on a Grass hex, add 2 to its range.

Back of the Fridge
When your last Grocery for the Month is destroyed, you may immediately add any squads of Groceries of the Month that you used in your previous game to the board. You must place the figures on an ice or snow space. Reduce the Move, Attack and Defence of the Groceries of the Month by 2 for the remainder of the game.
The Dwarves have bonding which is nice, but the extra range of the Groceries on many maps and the chance to re-emerge in numbers in the right circumstances can really pay off.
Old November 11th, 2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Tough call.

Groceries for the Month

Planet: Earth
General: Ullar
Species: Fruit 'n' Veg
Uniqueness: Common Squad (4 figs)
Class: Food
Personality: Tasty
Size: Small 2

Life: 1
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defence: 3

Cabbage Toss
If a Grocery for the Month is on a Grass hex, add 2 to its range.

Back of the Fridge
When your last Grocery for the Month is destroyed, you may immediately add any squads of Groceries of the Month that you used in your previous game to the board. You must place the figures on an ice or snow space. Reduce the Move, Attack and Defence of the Groceries of the Month by 2 for the remainder of the game.
The Dwarves have bonding which is nice, but the extra range of the Groceries on many maps and the chance to re-emerge in numbers in the right circumstances can really pay off.
Wow. Maybe they could increase the viability of greater ice elemental?
Old November 11th, 2018, 08:13 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Don't forget to take some Fire Elementals so that you can quickly warm them back up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion