Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old May 31st, 2008, 09:39 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart
Re: Idea for Marvel General Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE545 View Post
The General should be more known as "The Man" and know that he is actually as that important.

On another note, I doubt it would be the Beyonder, since all the other generals summon soldiers that would be loyal to them. The Beyonder picks up people he thinks he can use as playthings. None of the superheroes/villains would be actually willing to fight for him. If anything they would switch sides to another general as soon as they met. Plus, as a person, the Beyonder is a little--shall we say, unsteady.
Theoretically, there are any number of people in the marvelverse that could fill the roll better. Dr. Strange being one of them (of course then all of the armies you build would have to be the secret defenders). Uatu could be another, as he has been known to bend the rules and "summon" superhero types do go do something, while he kinda disapears to contemplate if he has gone to far in said rule-bending. However, my money would go to Adam Warlock. He's incredibly powerful and has habit of gathering soldiers together to fight an enemy or just for a cause (Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity Watch, the new Guardians of the Galaxy).

Anyway.... yeah... that's my comment.
...yes!

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:23 PM

darktrooper889 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats View Post
Marvellar.

Thats my vote.
And then there were two.
Count my vote for Marvellar!

I'd put a sig here, but I can't think of one. Greetings from my PSP!
Old June 7th, 2008, 10:25 PM

miniandmee7 Woo who?

Stanlee

Or mabye, on a note of a real superhero - although Stan Lee is - it could be Jean Grey because she is the only reported Level 5 mutant. Which is above Magneto and Xavier (level 4) who are two of the most powerful ones *calm down - in and out - in and out* Ok....im good.

If chocolate chip cookies are made out of chocolate chips...what are girl scout cookies made of?

If vegetabale oil is made out of vegetables...what is baby oil made of?

Last edited by miniandmee7; June 7th, 2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:58 AM

miantanomo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

If some of you are not fond with Norse Mythology then i guess i should say...the warrior had to die majesticly in battle to be brought to Valhalla by a women named Valkerie.
creepy huh!?

Who him?
Old July 10th, 2008, 10:56 PM

SimpleGreen24 has disabled reputation

I say Seinar because mostly all of the other generals (exept Aquillia) end in aaaarrrrrrr.
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

How did you come up with that name?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 17th, 2008, 04:32 AM

gundamking18 has disabled reputation
idea for Marvel General Name

My votes for "the one above all" which is basically the in comic allusion of jack kirby, or the living tribunal. I think that uatu is also a good choice mainly because he brings marvel characters together in "Marvel Ultimate alliance" half way through.

The name of the army's are the generals names. So wouldnt general Nick Fury be a good choice.

Im not a lover.
Im not a fighter.
Im a gamer.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 05:45 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Why not group them by teams, you know, like the Avengers or Masters of evil?
Old July 22nd, 2008, 06:27 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar Gen. View Post
Why not group them by teams, you know, like the Avengers or Masters of evil?
Ok so where do you put Hulk and Beast??

Since both of them have been on multiple teams.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 06:49 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

Practically everybody has been on multiple teams. Venom and other villians sided with Ironman on the Pro-Registration side of the Civil War.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hulk was a founding member of the Avengers, though and Beast was a founding member of the X-Men, so I'd think their allegiance in those groups would hold more weight. I do agree with your overall point, though, even if I don't feel you selected the best of examples.
How about, for instance, Superheroes known more for their solo acts than anything? Spiderman has technically been a member of a group or two (New Avengers ... Fantastic Four fill-in ...), but he doesn't really seem to belong to any of them as much as he belongs out on his own.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:03 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My statement was more so to show that you cannot put them in groups based on teams. Exception would be the Fantastic Four (and I mean the original 4 not She-Hulk or any other incarnation) or any other self contained team.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News