Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Notices

Old April 12th, 2017, 04:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Drafting Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Ah - that makes a lot of sense. And of course, it'd be compatible to mix and match - you could use grass and tree pieces to build a little park to the side.
That's exactly what I do. sometimes Grass patches between lanes. We call them medians here but I can't recall what you call them over there.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 12th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Ah - that makes a lot of sense. And of course, it'd be compatible to mix and match - you could use grass and tree pieces to build a little park to the side.
That's exactly what I do. sometimes Grass patches between lanes. We call them medians here but I can't recall what you call them over there.
Neither do I - I don't drive, have no interest in doing so and have no interest in roads, but I have an idea what you're talking about.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 12th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I have some follow up questions but I will save them for your interview.

japes, could you post a pic of one of your mats?
Maybe if we give folks a better idea of what we are trying to accomplish, we will get more traction.
Old April 12th, 2017, 06:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here is a taste...they are module panels than can be arranged in different configurations. You can have a city block with roads around the perimeter, and intersection, or any combination. Five blocks...1 concrete and sidewalk section, 1 road section parallel to hex direction, 1 road section 90 degrees turned, and 1 intersection piece. For the prototype I mounted to foam board but once I finalize a layout I like I plan on mounting it to MDF so it lasts. I created pockets in the foam below where the manholes are and I added strips of magnet tape under there so I could have my manhole covers (which also have magnets) sit in place until picked up. The reason I'm planning on moving to MDF is for the sign posts. I fear that after awhile the foamboard hole that I place the signs in will get too worn out.

You can see the earliest prototype of the magnetic manhole cover tutorial in my custom thread here...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 12th, 2017, 06:22 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Looking cool.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 12th, 2017, 06:38 PM
A Man of Taste

Some of that's old stuff. I haven't taken any photo's in awhile. I need to just post the files up and let people do some testing but we need some building rules to be completed so I can post my Big Belly Burger joint as well.

I've also made a Josie's Bar (From Daredevil show)
and an old office building that I plan on putting a Nelsen and Murdock attorney at law sign on that matches the show.

I'm going to attempt to modify those templates to fit @quozl recent idea as that's a more sturdy idea than my cardboard building. Just wish I had access to a lazer cutter like that.

Old April 12th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
The lack of response has me thinking I may be wasting my time on buildings.
I mean, I think buildings are a cool thing to add and I support the efforts here. I'm​just not likely to ever as them to my games at this point. I really don't have much to add besides 'looks cool' every time. If I have a criticism or something new to add, I'll post. Otherwise, take my support as implied.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 12th, 2017, 11:09 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
I mean, I think buildings are a cool thing to add and I support the efforts here. I'm​ just not likely to ever as them to my games at this point.
Why? And do you think that will ever change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 13th, 2017, 09:11 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Some of that's old stuff. I haven't taken any photo's in awhile. I need to just post the files up and let people do some testing but we need some building rules to be completed so I can post my Big Belly Burger joint as well.

I've also made a Josie's Bar (From Daredevil show)
and an old office building that I plan on putting a Nelsen and Murdock attorney at law sign on that matches the show.

I'm going to attempt to modify those templates to fit @quozl recent idea as that's a more sturdy idea than my cardboard building. Just wish I had access to a lazer cutter like that.
I bet if you do some research you may be able find one at a local business or college.

I found one in my area. Not sure if they would be willing to work on something so small since it sounded like they do bigger projects.

Thanks for posting those pics!

I know you are still recovering and I look forward to collaborating with you when you are feeling better.
Old April 15th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
I mean, I think buildings are a cool thing to add and I support the efforts here. I'm​ just not likely to ever as them to my games at this point.
Why? And do you think that will ever change?
Time/money/not my thing. I rarely get to play casual games of C3G anymore, so I don't feel a need to spice them up much more. Then there's the time and money spent getting pieces and putting them together and building a map to add them to. I'm more likely to spend on more figures, as there are a bunch I'd like to have. In general, I just don't feel a strong desire to add buildings to my games.

Don't get me wrong though, I love that you guys are working on creating them and fully support the efforts. I also think a lot of players would really enjoy them. I just don't have a lot to add to these discussions.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 15th, 2017, 11:59 AM

Ideally the cost will be low. Way lower than typical Heroscape terrain.
You can buy the foam board at Dollar Tree and print out everything else you need.
Then just some pins or glue, some spray adhesive and a sharp Exacto and you are set.

Once we have templates, they should go together fairly quickly and easily.

For me I have always wanted city battle as they go hand in hand with supers. The Avengers ended in a city battle.

Perhaps we should move this all out to Public threads.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So what happened in this thread? The OP looks like a complete book, except there's no PDF and there are some missing elements in the first couple of posts.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers