Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:14 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
DS,

Here is a link to the official Stampede rules:

http://privateerpress.com/docs/leagu...pede-rules.pdf

It is a great concept and a lot of fun. We used 750 point armies but will probably use 500 point armies next time we use the scenario. Although I think the game plays best at 750 points normally, 500 points would allow quicker games and work better with this type of scenario.

Newb.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:16 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Sweet. I'm going to try and convert this to Mechwarrior some time.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:41 PM

TheLion has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Had a great time playing and winning the championship award (woot!!) in the Hordes Stampede event this weekend. The event uses a great scenario idea where the players randomly determine defender and attacker for the first game. If the defender wins, he stays at his table while another person takes over as the attacker. The defender's forces may become depleted by attrition (depending on casualties during the previous game). The defender remains at his table until he loses and then moves to a different table to become an attacker (starting with his full force again). If an attacker wins, they now become the defender and stay at that table until the lose. I hope they run this event again since it was a very different and enjoyable tournament format.

Newb.
Sounds like that shield wall held.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:53 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Nice work on painting those man. I am impressed.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:53 PM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLion
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Had a great time playing and winning the championship award (woot!!) in the Hordes Stampede event this weekend. The event uses a great scenario idea where the players randomly determine defender and attacker for the first game. If the defender wins, he stays at his table while another person takes over as the attacker. The defender's forces may become depleted by attrition (depending on casualties during the previous game). The defender remains at his table until he loses and then moves to a different table to become an attacker (starting with his full force again). If an attacker wins, they now become the defender and stay at that table until the lose. I hope they run this event again since it was a very different and enjoyable tournament format.

Newb.
Sounds like that shield wall held.
LOL! The Cetrati performed admirably!!

Newb.
Old November 19th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I just went and bought my first starter box for the Cryx and I am really impressed with how this game plays. I played against someone using Sorcha and her group (that starter box, Kador I think). So my friends taught me how to play and I am hooked. It was a ton of fun to play. Now I just need to get my stuff painted.

I am impressed by the powers and diversity I have seen with this game so far. All the war casters have unique abilities and that really makes it alot of fun for me.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old November 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
Nice work on painting those man. I am impressed.
Thanks!! I've got a few more models finished up and need to get back to work on the core units such as the Cetrati, Paingivers, Praetorians and Venators. Painting is enjoyable but I can only do it in small increments before it drives me crazy (or more crazy than normal).

Newb.
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:18 AM

Bardolph has disabled reputation
I got into it briefly. I bought a Magnus Merc army and a Circle Hordes army. Mostly to support the FLGS, who sometimes carries things I am actually interested in lol.
They had a summer league, which I missed because I refused to play with unpainted miniatures, even though I was/would be/am the only guy down there besides the shop owner who has painted figs! Unless you count the guy who spraypainted all his miniatures blue...

At any rate, I missed the league, and most of the players stopped coming in, so I only got to play 5 games or so. I somehow managed to win em all, so maybe I should quit while I am "undefeated"

It's a decent game. I like Hordes rules better after playing both, but both are good at what they do. It is a game of over the top powers, but everyone has over the top powers so it works, or it did. I really don't think PP is going to be able to avoid the power creep issues, especially with the constant "need" to make new figures.

I don't have pics of much of my stuff, but here are some of Magnus' Loyalist Trenchers I whipped up one evening...

Old May 7th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Re: Warmachine/Hordes by Privateer Press

Thread resurrection, a new book release is coming out for Warmachine called Legends. Is anyone looking into picking that up or the new stuff coming out for this? I have been collecting a Cryx army for a while now and it has been a ton of fun for me. I am really looking forward to the new releases.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old June 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM

DFlynSqrl is surprisingly tart

Yeah, I'm definately looking forward to Legends. I have a Cryx army as well. The new bonejack looks pretty sweet... and the new Epic Goreshade model is definately going to be a must have.

Have jetpack, will travel.
Old June 10th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Those Loyalist Trenchers look very nice.
Nice work.
Old June 10th, 2008, 06:45 PM

Nice job on the trenchers, Bardolph!

Legends is going to have some great new figs, casters and units. There is even going to be the first non-caster Epic character (Eiryss). I don't care for her painted picture on the Privateer Press website but the sculpt is very nice.

I'm looking forward to all the new units for Mercs and they finally get Cav!

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures