Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 19th, 2010, 05:55 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker
Re: Pokescape

Since it appears we are going with Abra, I would suggest having a higher move. It has one of the highest speeds and Sp. Attacks of NFE's there are. So maybe a move of 5?

I also agree with adding to a stat when Abra is asleep.

Maybe a "Foresight" ability? Abra (and Kadabra, sometimes) are known for knowing when attacks are coming. Maybe,

Foresight

When Abra is asleep and it is attacked by an opponent's normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the D20. If you roll 1-15, roll defense dice as normal. If you roll 16-20, then Abra does not take any damage.

Criticism?

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--

Last edited by NightSwipe; February 20th, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
Since it appears we are going with Abra, I would suggest having a higher move. It has one of the highest speeds and Sp. Attacks of NFE's there are. So maybe a move of 5?

I also agree with adding to a stat when Abra is asleep.

Maybe a "Foresight" ability? Abra (and Kadabra, sometimes) are known for knowing when attacks are coming. Maybe,

Foresight

When Abra is asleep and it is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the D20. If you roll 1-15, roll defense dice as normal. If you roll 16-20, then Abra does not take any damage.

Criticism?
That's seems a little OP to me...

Maybe if a 11-20 is rolled, one shield blocks all skulls?

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old February 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

The ability would only click in if Abra was asleep, and it would only work against normal attacks. But we could still change it...

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:29 PM

360ownism is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The problem with abra, is that i've never seen him fight in any Pkmn game, and he doesn't learn any attack without a tm. I really like Minis card, because it actually makes him worth picking, over drafting the Tarn Viking warriors when he was 50 points. I feel he should be a common hero with foresight and cost 20 points. foresight should be equal to or better than Isamus disapear, because physic power is better then "vanishing"

what should the fully developed stage pokemon be ? *cough mewtwo cough* sorry, i have a bad cold.

Play Runescape? Add 360ownism to your friend list!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...40#post1012740
Check out pokescape!Could've had a V8!
Old February 20th, 2010, 03:17 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

WHOA, look what I've missed. I feel lazy now...

But sorry guys, I've been busy, so I'm not really caught up on what we're doing at the moment O.o This saddens me. Expect me to start posting again very soon.

Erhem.

For Abra, I agree with 360ownism in that an Isamu-esque Vanish would work very well. Abra seems more like a "distractor" with his stats, so something that makes attacking him tricky would be worth trying out.

If you wanted to take the offensive path, an "Awakening" Special Attack would be kinda cool. Think of it as a mental power while he's asleep that lets him attack with fuller force. Given that he needs to spend a turn to use Rest, it would allow us to have a low-cost Uncommon Hero with a fairly high attack.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I say that Abra should look like this:

Common

Life: 1
Range: 1
Move: 5
Attack: 1
Defense: 1

Something Teleportation:
TBR's card (except change the numbers to 6 or 7 maybe).

If Abra would be damaged by an enemy attack or special attack, or would be affected by a special ability on an opponent's army card, roll the twenty sided die. If you roll a XX or higher, you may place Abra on any empty space within YY spaces (and on the same level?). Abra takes no damage or effects from the attack/ability and will not take any leaving engagement attacks when teleporting.

10-20 points

Basically I see Abra as a distractor. No offensive power, no defensive abilities, Abra basically just makes your opponent waste attacks on Abra rather than something that has actual value. Could be kind of funny watching your opponent struggle to kill Abra because it keeps teleporting away.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:13 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

So Abra's going to be almost a hero version of Deathreavers? Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
I say that Abra should look like this:

Common

Life: 1
Range: 1
Move: 5
Attack: 1
Defense: 1

Something Teleportation:
TBR's card (except change the numbers to 6 or 7 maybe).

If Abra would be damaged by an enemy attack or special attack, or would be affected by a special ability on an opponent's army card, roll the twenty sided die. If you roll a XX or higher, you may place Abra on any empty space within YY spaces (and on the same level?). Abra takes no damage or effects from the attack/ability and will not take any leaving engagement attacks when teleporting.

10-20 points

Basically I see Abra as a distractor. No offensive power, no defensive abilities, Abra basically just makes your opponent waste attacks on Abra rather than something that has actual value. Could be kind of funny watching your opponent struggle to kill Abra because it keeps teleporting away.
I really like this idea. There have been so many times people have tried to catch that thing and have it teleport away. That would create the same feel as in the games.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Not really. Remember, deathreavers hold glyphs and hold figures down so that they can be blasted by range.

Abra just forces your enemy to waste attacks on him when they could be targeting somebody of actual value. Like, Teleport Abra next to an enemy so they have to either attack Abra or take a leaving engagement attack, and then when they attack Abra just teleport away.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:22 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Not really. Remember, deathreavers hold glyphs and hold figures down so that they can be blasted by range.

Abra just forces your enemy to waste attacks on him when they could be targeting somebody of actual value. Like, Teleport Abra next to an enemy so they have to either attack Abra or take a leaving engagement attack, and then when they attack Abra just teleport away.
Which isn't all that different than Deathreavers, except you're teleporting when attacked as opposed to moving (And, unless I'm reading it wrong, there's nothing stopping you from teleporting one space over, and staying engaged).

EDIT: Come to think of it, it's closer to Vanish... but Abras certainly could be used en masse in a similar fasion to Rats...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
Which isn't all that different than Deathreavers, except you're teleporting when attacked as opposed to moving
True.

Quote:
(And, unless I'm reading it wrong, there's nothing stopping you from teleporting one space over, and staying engaged).
Yeah, I was just thinking about that. I guess that just needs playtesting. Maybe make him teleport at least two spaces away, or maybe he can't teleport into engagement. We'll have to see what happens in playtesting. A big part of it will be what you need to roll on the D20 for him to be killed. I was thinking you have to roll a 4-20 ish for him to teleport. That seems way too big, but think about it, about one in six attacks he won't teleport. Making it 5-20 means that exactly one in 5 attacks will get through to him.

If the number of teleport-able rolls ends up smaller, allowing him to teleport next to enemies and such won't be as big a deal.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Making it 5-20 means that exactly one in 5 attacks will get through to him.
That actually seems not bad, though 1 in 4 (6-20) seems better to me, personally.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards