Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 27th, 2018, 01:26 AM

Dragnaxx32 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: TAF's Customs DRUNKARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Sure thing. I'll get on that when I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnaxx32 View Post
Also, who rates your cards?
The only person who actually plays them, of course.

(me)

~TAF
I'm surprised, seeing as the Idol of Klexkor is rated as the worst card in the game.
Also, there was a small error in the picture updating: the greater steel elemental has the greater glass elemental's picture.

EDIT: Page get! and one squad of Axegrinders is twice as expensive than one squad of Arbiters of Ozirael. An arbiter squad has about the same price as a squad of Heavy Gruts.
Old January 27th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Sure thing. I'll get on that when I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnaxx32 View Post
Also, who rates your cards?
The only person who actually plays them, of course.

(me)

~TAF
I play with a few of yours! (And I'll play with more once I get round to picking them up...)

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 28th, 2018, 02:10 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I play with a few of yours! (And I'll play with more once I get round to picking them up...)
Well if you ever have any feedback of your own to offer (especially for units who don't have a grade yet), I'd love to hear it

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 28th, 2020, 05:44 AM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TAF's Customs HAVECH OVERLORD

For the most random bump ever, I've added Var-Bak-Na from Owlman's recent Havech Hero contest. I was satisfied enough with my entry to add it to the old library:

Character Bio: Through the use of the Havech's depraved and secretive biomechanical technology, Var-Bak-Na has drastically extended his lifespan far beyond its normal limits. What few organic parts of him remain still retain a diehard loyalty to Ne-Gok-Sa and the promise to keep this technology secret from the Marro's enemies.

Var-Bak-Na's secret to longevity is more than just cybernetic implants. He understands the drawbacks of the Havech's unpredictable weaponry and accounts for it on the battlefield. And when a nearby ally falls, Var-Bak-Na is always ready to snatch up any useful pieces of the deceased to further extend his own lifespan.

Var-Bak-Na can pack a serious punch with his Special Attack, which can potentially fire off multiple times, killing squads or dealing severe damage to a hardy hero. His real synergy lies in his Reactive Salvage power, which heals him any time your Havechs and Stingers accidentally blow themselves up, nabbing some of their Order Markers at the same time. He can even simply kill friendly Marro on his turn if he wants those OM's—Var-Bak-Na may be devout to Ne-Gok-Sa and the cause, but he's not so diehard a loyalist to his underlings.

~TAF

Old May 28th, 2020, 01:19 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: TAF's Customs HAVECH OVERLORD

Well deserved winner. Really cool power interactions

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 19th, 2020, 11:41 PM

Re: TAF's Customs BILBO

Before it becomes 6/20, I wanted to really quick make a nod to Sir Ian Holm who if you weren't aware passed away earlier today. As he portrayed Bilbo Baggins in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I wanted to make his character a card on here. Since I watched the films fairly recently and there seems to be a renewed interest in the material both on my mind and on the HoME Threads, I figured why not give Holm's Bilbo his own shake at the Battle of All Time?

“Well I've made up my mind, anyway. I want to see mountains again, Gandalf – mountains; and then find somewhere where I can rest. In peace and quiet, without a lot of relatives prying around, and string of confounded visitors hanging on the bell. I might find somewhere where I can finish my book. I have thought of a nice ending for it: 'and he lived happily ever after to the end of his days'.” - Fellowship of the Ring

Though his days of burglaring are over, Bilbo has inspired other Hobbit heroes to go on longer in their own adventures. He's still a slippery enough chap on his own though, easily hiding in plain sight and sneaking off free of consequence from slower individuals. There's still no fooling Gandalf of course.

Anyhow, Rest in Peace, Mr. Holm. Sail into the West. Let me know what y'all think and if you'd be interested in more.

~TAF

Old March 29th, 2021, 05:58 PM

TAF's Customs FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING - HEROES OF THE SHIRE

Hello I am back with something no one asked for: an extensive library of Lord of the Rings Customs. With the somewhat recent release of the 4K versions of the film trilogy, it got my creative juices flowing again. And while I am not the first and certainly won't be the last to take a stab at this franchise in Heroscape form, I still thought my own take on it was worth sharing. For I have something other creators don't... Soundwarp-SG1's extra Generals.

So without further ado...

FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
1/5 - Heroes of the Shire - 1/5

"It began with the forging of the Great Rings. Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven, to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire power. For within these Rings was bound the strength and will to govern each race. But they were all of them, deceived. For another ring was made. In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the dark lord Sauron forged in secret a master ring to control all others. And into this ring, he poured his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life. One Ring to rule them all." -Fellowship of the Ring

“A great dread fell on him, as if he was awaiting the pronouncement of some doom that he had long foreseen and vainly hoped might after all never be spoken. An overwhelming longing to rest and remain at peace by Bilbo's side in Rivendell filled all his heart. At last with an effort he spoke, and wondered to hear his own words, as if some other will was using his small voice.

'I will take the Ring,' he said, 'though I do not know the way.'” - Fellowship of the Ring

Frodo is a tricky one to design as most of what would make up a unit's abilities would come in the form of Treasure Glyphs for him. Of all of these I found the Mithril Chainmail to be the most worthy of including as a power, as it saves Frodo's skin the most out of anything and helps keep him alive as a unit worth destroying to the Enemy. His Natural Resilience also gives him a boost against the Ring's increasing influence. Given his somewhat distant demeanor I found Tyra to be a fitting choice of General.

“Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folks in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something."

"What are we holding on to, Sam?"

"That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.” -The Two Towers

Sam has always been an impressive fighter for a Hobbit gardener: as such his Double Attack and Samwise The Brave powers make him a miniature Krug. He can also move alongside one other Hobbit for easy mobility when it's just the two of them: a much needed boon for all their travels. As a citizen of the Shire I figured Frejya was the best choice of General.

“'In one thing you have not changed, dear friend,' said Aragorn: 'you still speak in riddles.'

'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.'” -The Two Towers

Gandalf the Grey's toolkit make him a natural leader for the fellowship. His Special Attack is a large explosion that can clear away swarms of low-Defense enemies. His staff is also handy for clearing away Shadow Spaces with Light The Way. Lastly Fly You Fools gives other Unique Heroes a large amount of mobility, eliminating much of the OM-headache a Fellowship of Heroes might otherwise be. As a Wizard he fit Bragi to me.

"He is in great fear, not knowing what mighty one may suddenly appear, wielding the Ring, and assailing him with war, seeking to cast him down and take his place. That we should wish to cast him down and have no one in his place is not a thought that occurs to his mind. That we should try to destroy the Ring itself has not yet entered into his darkest dream." -The Two Towers

While its Invisibility power is obvious, I felt that for all the Ring's slow, subtle, insidious influence it needed a Game-Scenario dependent clause. As such as each scenario goes, the Ring's power can grow alongside it, mostly in the form of that 1-3 becoming a 1-5 then a 1-7, as well as a chance to sway others nearby it. And all of that text is best left to the Game Scenario rules than the Treasure Glyph itself.

As always let me know what you think.

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; May 26th, 2021 at 01:31 PM.
Old March 31st, 2021, 03:01 PM

TAF's Customs FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING - HEROES OF WEATHERTOP

FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
2/5 - Heroes of Weathertop - 2/5

"'If I move I shall be seen and hunted! If I stay, I shall draw them to me!' A shrill cry rang out in the night; and he felt a pain like a dart of poisoned ice pierce his left shoulder." -Fellowship of the Ring

“'Are we riding far tonight, Gandalf?' asked Merry after a while. 'I don’t know how you feel with small rag-tag dangling behind you; but the rag-tag is tired and will be glad to stop dangling and lie down.'

'So you heard that?' said Gandalf. 'Don’t let it rankle! Be thankful no longer words were aimed at you. He had his eyes on you. If it is any comfort to your pride, I should say that, at the moment, you and Pippin are more in his thoughts than the rest of us. Who you are; how you came here, and why; what you know; whether you were captured, and if so, how you escaped when all the orcs perished—it is with those little riddles that the great mind of Saruman is troubled. A sneer from him, Meriadoc, is a compliment, if you feel honoured by his concern.'

'Thank you!' said Merry. 'But it is a greater honour to dangle at your tail, Gandalf. For one thing, in that position one has a chance of putting a question a second time. Are we riding far tonight?'

Gandalf laughed. 'A most unquenchable hobbit! All wizards should have a hobbit or two in their care—to teach them the meaning of the world, and to correct them.'” -The Two Towers

"Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of... mission... quest... thing."

"Well, that rules you out, Pip." -Fellowship of the Ring

Merry and Pippin could be designed in several different ways. Ultimately I figured that they both excelled when fighting alongside others (Éowyn for Merry, Gandalf for Pippin, or each other in Fellowship), so I gave them Sneak Attack and Paired Attack respectively. Being naturally slippery as Hobbits, they also get bonuses against Medium or Larger figures as well, Merry being more offensive and Pippin more defensive of the two. Lastly Pippin of course needs a power to demonstrate his natural clumsiness. Like Sam Frejya is the choice of General for most halflings.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
-Fellowship of the Ring

Strider really needed to fit the Ranger theme and as such he needed a good range of abilities for all he was capable of. Tracking is an obvious choice, and Tandros' +2 Broadsword is also a natural fit as like Kreel Aragorn uses both a bow and a sword. Lastly Surround Takedown gives him Double Attack when surrounded by enemies, something we see Aragorn do all the time in the films. Being very pure of heart, Jandar is a natural choice for General.

"They were once Men. Great Kings of Men. Then Sauron the Deceiver gave to them nine Rings of Power. Blinded by their greed, they took them without question, one by one falling to darkness. Now they are slaves to his will. They are the Nazgûl, Ringwraiths, neither living nor dead. At all times they feel the presence of the Ring, drawn to the power of the One. They will never stop hunting you." -Fellowship of the Ring

A few ideas bounced around for the Ringwraiths but at the end of the day a simple combination of existing powers Rejected By Death and Poison Weapons fit the bill for their toolkit for me. Trying to capture their other abilities ended up just being too much text for my taste, and with Heroscape I generally find simpler to be better. Utgar was a natural fit of General of Sauron's minions.

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; April 10th, 2021 at 04:08 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2021, 02:41 PM

TAF's Customs FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING - HEROES OF RIVENDELL

FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
3/5 - Heroes of Rivendell - 3/5

“'Very well, very well, Master Elrond!' said Bilbo suddenly. 'Say no more! It is plain enough what you are pointing at. Bilbo the silly hobbit started this affair, and Bilbo had better finish it, or himself.'

'Of course, my dear Bilbo,' said Elrond. 'If you had really started this affair, you might be expected to finish it. But you know well enough now that starting is too great a claim for any, and that only a small part is played in great deeds by any hero. You need not bow! Though the word was meant, and we do not doubt that under jest you are making a valiant offer. But one beyond your strength, Bilbo. You cannot take this thing back. It has passed on.'

Bilbo nodded, 'But then who is to go? That seems to me what this Council has to decide, and all that it has to decide. Elves may thrive on speech alone, and Dwarves endure great weariness; but I am only an old hobbit, and I miss my meal at noon. Can’t you think of some names now? Or put it off till after dinner?'

No one answered." -Fellowship of the Ring

"My father is a noble man, but his rule is failing, and our people lose faith. He looks to me to make things right and I would do it. I would see the glory of Gondor restored. Have you ever seen it, Aragorn? The White Tower of Ecthelion, glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, its banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?

One day, our paths will lead us there. And the tower guard shall take up the call: 'The Lords of Gondor have returned!'" -Fellowship of the Ring

Boromir's toolkit is quite obvious: as the only LotR character who understands that shields are useful he naturally has One Shield Defense. When he does get injured his Horn of Gondor can immediately move your allies--either to assist or escape. If Boromir does muck up on the One Shield Defense and receive multiple wounds at once, then that's just more units you can move with the Horn. With an Attack of 5 he can hold his own in combat as well. The more morally ambiguous General of Einar suits him well.

"It is old, very old. So old that I almost feel young again, as I have not felt since I travelled with you children. It is old and full of memory. I could have been happy here, if I had come in days of peace." -The Two Towers

Legolas naturally is a powerful sniper with his 8 Range and 4 Attack. In melee his two swords also give him Double Attack. He can also cover melee allies with Crack Shot, as we see Legolas' arrows bail out the other heroes countless times in the films. Lastly his Advanced Elven Step can help him walk on difficult terrain and avoid falling damage. Obviously Ullar is the choice of General.

"Final count: forty-two."

"Forty-two? Oh, that's not bad for a pointy-eared elvish princeling. I myself am sitting pretty on forty-three."

"Forty-three."

"He was already dead."

"He was twitching."

"He was twitching 'cause he's got my axe EMBEDDED IN HIS NERVOUS SYSTEM!" -The Two Towers

Gimli is quite the powerhouse in melee: between his Tough with 3 Defense and his Dwarven Assault giving him his choice of Double Attack or Whirlwind Assault with 5 Attack dice, he is no pushover. He can also throw a hatchet to take down any Squad figure he can't otherwise reach. As long as his defense holds, there is no stopping him. If there was room on the card and I didn't have a bias against 4-power units, I'd give him the C3V's Shieldsmiths' Steadfast power as well, because no one tosses a Dwarf

"He felt a different person, and much fiercer and bolder in spite of an empty stomach, as he wiped his sword on the grass and put it back into its sheath. 'I will give you a name,' he said to it, 'and I shall call you Sting.'" -The Hobbit

Frodo receives Sting from Bilbo, giving him an Initiative boost when Orcs are nearby as well as a Special Attack akin to Siiv's Quick Stab: very useful against enemy squad figures.

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; September 12th, 2021 at 10:53 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2021, 03:13 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: TAF's Customs FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING - HEROES OF RIVENDE

Nice work, these are awesome!
Have you considered joining up with HoME?
Old April 2nd, 2021, 03:53 PM

Re: TAF's Customs FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING - HEROES OF RIVENDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash
Have you considered joining up with HoME?
I'm afraid my designs tend to be too "customy" for a more official project plus I'm generally too impatient for working in a group, although HoME are more than welcome to steal any or all ideas/powers/etc on this thread here, and I would recommend anyone on here unfamiliar with them to check them out. Unlike me they actually bother to playtest their units.

~TAF

Old April 4th, 2021, 06:55 PM

TAF's Customs FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING - MINES OF MORIA

FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
4/5 - The Mines of Moria - 4/5

“This is no mine. It's a tomb.” -Fellowship of the Ring

"‘I felt that something horrible was near from the moment that my foot first touched the water,’ said Frodo. ‘What was the thing, or were there many of them?’

‘I do not know,’ answered Gandalf, ‘but the arms were all guided by one purpose. Something has crept, or has been driven out of dark waters under the mountains. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.’ He did not speak aloud his thought that whatever it was that dwelt in the lake, it had seized on Frodo first among all the Company." -Fellowship of the Ring

The mysterious Watcher In The Water is the first major threat the Fellowship faces. Like the Fen Hydra it gets up to 4 Attacks of 4 at a short distance, making it a match even against the Fellowship's hardier members. What's more, its Tentacle Grab 14 can immobilize a single target, making escape for its prey impossible while the Watcher survives. Lurk In Water keeps it mobile and invisible in water spaces, at least until it reveals itself to attack. With 3 Range and free movement in water, it will need to be drawn out to land to be killed. I would recommend playing with Shallow Water Rules (water spaces adjacent to a land space cost 2 movement rather than completely stopping a figure) for a scenario involving this beast. As a ferocious monster with no allegiance to anyone, Ragnar seemed like the best choice for general.

“'It is grim reading’, he said. ‘I fear their end was cruel. Listen! We cannot get out. We cannot get out. They have taken the Bridge and second hall.... Then there are four lines smeared so that I can only read went 5 days ago. The last lines run: the pool is up to the wall at Westgate. The Watcher in the Water took Óin. We cannot get out. The end comes, and then drums, drums in the deep. I wonder what that means. The last thing written is in a trailing scrawl of elf-letters: they are coming. There is nothing more.’ Gandalf paused and stood in silent thought.” -Fellowship of the Ring

During their journey into Khazad-dûm the Fellowship comes across the Book of Mazarbul which chronicles the Dwarves' efforts to recolonize Moria and their fate at the hands of the Goblins. Only through reading the history is the Fellowship able to realize their peril and reorganize quickly to make their stand and subsequent escape.

"Gandalf had hardly spoken these words, when there came a great noise: a rolling Boom that seemed to come from depths far below, and to tremble in the stone at their feet. They sprang towards the door in alarm. Doom, doom it rolled again, as if huge hands were turning the very caverns of Moria into a vast drum. Then there came an echoing blast: a great horn was blown in the hall, and answering horns and harsh cries were heard further off. There was a hurrying sound of many feet.

‘They are coming!’ cried Legolas.

‘We cannot get out,’ said Gimli.

‘Trapped!’ cried Gandalf. ‘Why did I delay? Here we are, caught, just as they were before.'" -Fellowship of the Ring

Moria Goblins are very similar to Goblin Cutters in their general stats and Mob Attack power. They can also hide in the abyssal dark of Moria and are highly skilled climbers. In combat swarming is their best bet against the Fellowship's powerful heroes. Despite being Goblins I made their species Orcs to keep true to Tolkien's lore. Being seemingly more feral than Sauron's Orcs, I went with Valkrill for their General.

"...They have a Cave Troll." -Fellowship of the Ring

The Moria Cave Troll is a daunting foe. Its Overswing Attack can clobber anyone nearby when it wounds an enemy, including allied Goblins unlucky enough to be adjacent when it attacks. Tough also makes sense given Troll's almost stonelike skin. Like Krug 8 Life seems appropriate for a Troll, given how long it takes for the Fellowship to kill it in the film.

"Moria… You fear to go into those mines. The Dwarves delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dûm: Shadow and Flame!" -Fellowship of the Ring

The Balrog's Aura of Malice renders the weapons of all but Gandalf less effective. A version of the Drow Chainfighter's Chain Whip ability also makes escape more difficult despite its slow speed. Lastly Whirlwind Assault combined with its 7 Attack gives the Balrog a way to take down any and all foes around it should the Fellowship dare to go toe-to-toe against it. You'd need to fight in a narrow space to eliminate this advantage (like a bridge for example ). As a servant of Sauron's master Morgoth Utgar is the obvious choice of General.

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; April 10th, 2021 at 04:05 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards