Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 8th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Beast Boy - Playtesting

Thanks! And I agree about the OM dump part. Just have to figure out how to use it! I realized that's actually how I playtested him.

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (BEAST BOY)
THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them. Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game. Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding. Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak. Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any. Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play. Pass, although I think the Beast Transformation power needs to be worded so as Beast Boy can be a true OM dump for all the various forms without having to change form each time you activate him. See round 4, game 2.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against. Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting. Pass, I think Pterodactyl form is a must draft with this one though. The Evasive Flying power is key to keeping Beast Boy alive long enough to use Healing Factor before returning to the fight.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable. Pass for this Beast Boy, however I know I tested the Cheetah form earlier but I can’t seem to find any use for Territorial Instinct.
- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game. Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? See comments on test 2
- Give a brief overview. It starts to look like Daredevil is going to win this one all by himself before suddenly falling, then the Kree take over the game until only Ronan with 4 move and no ranged attack is left facing Beast Boy, who plays keep away while healing himself.
Map: Platforms 5 & 6
Units:Beast Boy (60), Cheetah Form (20), Bear Form (20), Pterodactyl Form (40), Prowler 130, Daredevil (180), & Batman (150) [600] vs. Kree Scouts x6 (240) & Ronan (360) [600]
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? It is hard to gauge this with all the various forms having their own cost so I played Beast Boy with other heros ranged from 130-180 points to gauge his overall power level compared to those units. He seems to fit in the 140-160 range as a total package using 2-3 additional forms, not sure if I could get 200 points out of him if I drafted all 5 cards though. So 60 seems like a good fit with a strategy note to take either T-Rex or Bear & Cheetah, but not both.
- Give a brief overview. Beast Boy (Pterodactyl) was useful to carry Deadshot up into place, than his role was rather limited. I intended to have Beast Boy (T-Rex) go chopping through the Hydra Agents but Nightcrawler ended up being a better option.
Map: Platforms 5 & 6
Units: Beast Boy (60), T-Rex (60), Pterodactyl (40), Flacon (140), Deadshot (150), Nightcrawler (140) [590] vs. Hydra Agents x3 (240), Baron Von Strucker (210), & Madame Hydra (140) [590]
Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I couldn't think of any short way to do it, so I just went with this:

BEAST TRANSFORMATION
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on any Gar Logan Army Card you control, you may replace any Gar Logan figure you control on the battlefield with one other Gar Logan figure in your army. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with this Beast Boy, you may take a turn with any other Gar Logan figure you control.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 8th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Seems like a good change to help with not being stuck w/o OM on the right form.

Tests seem good. Army test 2 seemed pretty close considering the map used and having flyers/teleporters in BB's army.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM

Not sure if we'll have any strictly "combo" attacks working, but he should have plenty of Titan/Sidekick synergies eventually.

Thanks for the feedback!
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
Hi, Bats. Sorry I was out of town. This looks really fun. I like the way you balance out his use. (And that the healing is only for this generic form.)

Wish there was a way to really make his "combo" attacks with other Titans work, but that will happen on other cards, I assume (like a variant of Fastball Special--on Cyborg, perhaps?).

Anyhow, just rambling--love your work--thanks!

Best, V

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Hey guys,

Here's the crowning piece of the Beast Boy designs I've been working on! As always, your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Bats

NAME = BEAST BOY
SECRET IDENTITY = GAR LOGAN

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = MISCHEVIOUS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 60?

BEAST FORMS
You may draft this figure into the same army with any other Gar Logan figures that do not have the species of Metahuman. Start the game with this figure on the battlefield. You can only control one Gar Logan figure on the battlefield at a time. If another Gar Logan figure you control would be destroyed, instead place two Wound Markers on this card and immediately replace the Gar Logan figure you control on the battlefield with another Gar Logan figure you control, if possible. If this figure is destroyed, all Gar Logan figures you control are destroyed.

BEAST TRANSFORMATION
After revealing an Order Marker on any Army Card you control, you may replace any Gar Logan figure you control on the battlefield with one other Gar Logan figure you control, if possible.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with this Beast Boy, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

Old July 10th, 2012, 10:37 PM

Awesome! I'm glad you liked him and I'm glad you got more use out of the Cheetah form than I did. That was my "odd form out." The Bear form is useful against heavy hitters for a lower cost than the T-Rex form (which is good against heavy hitters and squads both).

Thanks!
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute
Here you go, sir. All changes made with the change you sent me.

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Beast Boy)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass, no synergies yet, but potentially some with the Titans, likely nothing that would be broken.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass easily. Lots of fun, his forms give him lots of versatility.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass, his varying point cost will make him great at fitting into all kinds of armies.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass, a couple didn't get used, but they were either re-used (Maul) or nothing likely to be too strong (Territorial Instinct).

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass, lots.

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 60
- Give a brief overview. This was a quick one, the Ninja move out and quickly started taking everyone down. Army 1 just couldn't seem to roll any shields. Beast Boy didn't get much chance to do anything here.

Map: Hydra Base Gehenna
Armies: Army 1: Beast Boy, BB Pterodactyl form, BB Bear form, Green Arrow (Ollie) Green Arrow (Connor), Black Canary, Robin (710) VS Army 2: Hand Ninja x3, Elektra, Bullseye, Heat Wave (710)
Damage: None.

Spoiler Alert!

REMATCH!
Army Test 2
- Give a brief overview. Army 1 had better luck this time and made it a little closer. BB still didn't see all that much combat, but him carrying Green Arrow on top the wall was huge for his team.

Armies: Army 1: Beast Boy, BB Pterodactyl form, BB Bear form, Green Arrow (Ollie) Green Arrow (Conner), Black Canary, Robin (710) VS Army 2: Hand Ninja x3, Elektra, Bullseye, Heat Wave (710)
Damage: 1 Hand Ninja killed.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
- Give a brief overview. Better matchup for BB here against the Rogues. Low-to-mid heroes seem to be where he'll shine. My strategy this game was to try and use Wolvie as a shield for Beast Boy and give him a chance to waste turns healing without worrying about anyone getting to him. While Wolvie certainly acted as a woundsoak, he didn't do it for long as Captain Cold got some good rolls and took him out quick. After that, BB went nuts, taking the Rogues down one by one. He nearly pulled off the victory single-handedly, but fell just short. Healing 3 wounds helped, as did a really big attack form Banshee.

Armies: Army 1: Beast Boy (all forms), Wolverine, Jubilee, Banshee (700) VS Army 2: Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Heat Wave, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, Pied Piper, Trickster, Rat Swarm x4 (705)
Damage: 4 wounds to Mirror Master, Trickster and Heat Wave, 2 wounds to Weather Wizard, 1 wounds each to Pied Piper and the Captains Boomerang and Cold.

Spoiler Alert!

I love how much versatility Beast Boy brings to the table, his many possible army combinations should give him a lot of play. He'll struggle some against high-level heroes and swarms but different forms give him ways to deal with a variety of units. Bear form was the only form I didn't find myself using much, but its cheaper cost and high potential of damage with Maul makes it plenty worthwhile. 60 feels appropriate (though he'll never really be at just 60), because he can be fragile. He's a lot of fun and I can't wait to play him in some Titan armies.

Old July 10th, 2012, 10:38 PM

I think 60 holds up, especially considering he has more synergies coming his way and likely more beast forms as well!

I propose we move to Final Editing at 60 points!

Old July 10th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Beast Boy - VOTE for Final Editing

Yea.
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Are you more confident in the Cheetah Form now, or still planning on some changes?

Yea.
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Are you more confident in the Cheetah Form now, or still planning on some changes?

Yea.
It's not the form itself I'm unconfident in, it's the special power on the form (which, note, TB mentioned he never used). So still planning to reopen that one if you guys are cool with it, after this is finished up.

In fact, I'll probably make an official proposal to do so tonight, since it was finalized and all.

Old July 10th, 2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Awesome! I'm glad you liked him and I'm glad you got more use out of the Cheetah form than I did. That was my "odd form out." The Bear form is useful against heavy hitters for a lower cost than the T-Rex form (which is good against heavy hitters and squads both).

Thanks!
Bats
I only used the Cheetah once that I can remember, but found its speed useful. The T-Rex and the Pterodactyl are probably the ones I'd lean to more, but the Bear and Cheetah give you more options at a lower cost.
Yeah, that's my experience as well.

Old July 10th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Ah, I see. Just wanted to be sure either way.
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:52 PM

For sure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library