Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 5th, 2017, 04:23 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
For what it's worth, I think Aquilla works very well. An individual goblin can decide for himself to go his own way, can't he? Why do we accept that from humans and Kyrie but not goblins? Einar may have been a bit much, but Aquilla works really well in my opinion.
This guy gets it Haha thanks Pumpkin_King!
Aquilla summons creatures to her cause, would this be a figure that she would summon? Does it fit in her core beliefs?

How many Goblins have you run across that are good? Humans are all across the spectrum, but everywhere I see a goblin, it is a bad goblin. (Unless you are a huge Hary Potter fan, but I haven't seen Heroscape pull from Harry Potter... So that is a very WEAK argument in my eyes.)

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 5th, 2017, 04:25 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like him as-is. Aquilla (the chaotic neutral general) is a good alternate general for wayward goblins; Einar would be (as the lawful neutral general) unacceptable.

The one thing that I want to ask about is the theme of Sneak Thief. What is the theme there, and what does that theme have to do with the name of the power? Because it may be that the name can be improved. Or it may be that the name is fine.

edit: Kinseth ninja. Aquilla's forces are definitely not all "good." Some of them are wild and dangerous. I don't have a problem with Aquilla. The C3V has made evil elves and evil dwarves; I don't see why the canon cannot tolerate an Aquilla goblin. He is the Drizz't of his kind, or something like that.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 5th, 2017, 04:43 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

How about instead of sneak thief = Opportunity Knocks

Old June 5th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, I actually *like* how Sneak Thief is closely related to the mini and the theme of the unit. What I want to know is how it's related to the theme of the power. If it works, great. I just want to hear how it works.

= =
Old June 5th, 2017, 04:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

My favorite idea for Templar Infantry has always been to turn the cavalry into a 2-life unit. Here's a 1-power version of it:
UNMOUNTED RIDER
If a Templar Cavalry Knight you control receives one or more wounds, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-10, replace that Knight immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Templar Infantry. If you roll a 11-20, you may destroy a Templar Infantry you control that is adjacent to that Knight to ignore any wounds that Knight just received.
Basically, 1-10 means the horse dies (and the rider continues on foot), 11-20 means the rider dies (and the horse can be mounted by another knight if one is there). You could very reasonably include a third, bad outcome - say, on 1-3 you can't do anything special (i.e. both horse and rider cannot continue). You would also probably want to playtest to figure out if some split other than 50/50 between horse and rider deaths improves the playability.

I think this is really cool and thematic, and makes them more competitive in a pretty unique way, but opinions vary.
Old June 5th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
My favorite idea for Templar Infantry has always been to turn the cavalry into a 2-life unit. Here's a 1-power version of it:
UNMOUNTED RIDER
If a Templar Cavalry Knight you control receives one or more wounds, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-10, replace that Knight immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Templar Infantry. If you roll a 11-20, you may destroy a Templar Infantry you control that is adjacent to that Knight to ignore any wounds that Knight just received.
Basically, 1-10 means the horse dies (and the rider continues on foot), 11-20 means the rider dies (and the horse can be mounted by another knight if one is there). You could very reasonably include a third, bad outcome - say, on 1-3 you can't do anything special (i.e. both horse and rider cannot continue). You would also probably want to playtest to figure out if some split other than 50/50 between horse and rider deaths improves the playability.

I think this is really cool and thematic, and makes them more competitive in a pretty unique way, but opinions vary.
That's defintiely another cool and unique power to consider, thank you!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 5th, 2017, 05:04 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I like him as-is. Aquilla (the chaotic neutral general) is a good alternate general for wayward goblins; Einar would be (as the lawful neutral general) unacceptable.

The one thing that I want to ask about is the theme of Sneak Thief. What is the theme there, and what does that theme have to do with the name of the power? Because it may be that the name can be improved. Or it may be that the name is fine.

edit: Kinseth ninja. Aquilla's forces are definitely not all "good." Some of them are wild and dangerous. I don't have a problem with Aquilla. The C3V has made evil elves and evil dwarves; I don't see why the canon cannot tolerate an Aquilla goblin. He is the Drizz't of his kind, or something like that.
Ah, thank you for putting it like that. You explained it better than I could, really. Logos > pathos

His Sneak Thief ability used to be called "Goblin Looting" actually. But that sort of implied that he was looting the dead bodies of his allies. So it was renamed Sneak Thief and sort of tied into his bio. I am 100% open to renaming it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
How about instead of sneak thief = Opportunity Knocks
By volunteering that, am I good with using it? Something like Opportunity Knocks is spot on!
Old June 5th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I don't like Opportunity Knocks. Please, Dewk, explain the theme of this power. It doesn't need to be a great explanation, but give it a shot. Then we can work on a name.

= =
Old June 5th, 2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
UNMOUNTED RIDER

Waaaay cool, and unique idea!

Old June 5th, 2017, 05:40 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I don't like Opportunity Knocks. Please, Dewk, explain the theme of this power. It doesn't need to be a great explanation, but give it a shot. Then we can work on a name.
Certainly. Although violent at times, goblins have always struck me as sly opportunists. Whether it's stealing shiny items or important looking documents, or engaging in dishonorable combat techniques like backstabbing or groin kicking, goblins have a keen sense of self-preservation and primal pragmatism. The theme of Sneak Thief is more along the lines of the former idea, but has elements of the latter idea as well.

"My ally received his orders, and was going to strike, but was himself struck down. I am aware of his orders, and can perhaps use this opportunity to get in an underhanded strike of my own!"

Edit: Is "Goblin Opportunism" too much of a mouthful?
Old June 5th, 2017, 06:00 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Let's riff on what you and Kinseth have both suggested, and combine them thusly:

Opportunistic Thief

= =
Old June 5th, 2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Let's riff on what you and Kinseth have both suggested, and combine them thusly:

Opportunistic Thief
I like it! Five syllables vs one syllable is a price I'm willing to pay for a better name. Thank you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards