Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 31st, 2020, 10:56 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Yellow Lantern (Karu-Sil) (Public Playtestin

Thanks guys, and with that, this Passes. I'll get the SP updated and this posted.
Old September 9th, 2020, 01:03 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: YELLOW LANTERN (KARU-SIL)
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Yellow Lantern (Karu-Sil) (320), Yellow Lantern Arkillo (310), Yellow Lantern Lyssa Drak (240), Sinestro Corps Soldier (x3) (330) (1200) vs Wonder Woman (III) (310), Hawkwoman (260), Black Canary (I) (190), Green Arrow (II) (210), Cyborg (II) (230) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Yellow Lantern (Karu-Sil) (320), Yellow Lantern Arkillo (310), Sinestro Corps Soldier (x7) (770) (1400) vs Green Lantern (Kilowog) (310), Green Lantern (Hal) (350), Green Lantern (John) (340), Green Lantern (Ch’p) (200), Green Construct Decoy (x4) (200) (1400)
Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 9th, 2020, 01:36 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Looking good so far.
Old September 9th, 2020, 08:21 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I kind of worry her powers are too easy to get around, but there are ways that can be helped within the faction in the future.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 9th, 2020, 09:15 AM
Now moves with Flying.

She is definitely one where I felt it was better to lead with someone else and a couple of SCS and then fly her in. Mobility is definitely a crux for the Yellows right now. Also, once we get to the Pack, Enraged will become more useful. I'm ok with Merciless Assault being a corner case. I kind of envisioned it as sort of a last hurrah, pull out all stops than as a factional leader thing. More along the lines of a contingency plan.
Old September 9th, 2020, 12:44 PM

Cool. Just so long as you're cool with it being something that's not going to pop very often.

Old September 12th, 2020, 01:02 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Karu-Sil @320 points

Version tested:

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Yellow Lantern (Karu-Sil) @320, Yellow Lantern (Arkillo), Yellow Lantern (Lyssa Drak), Sinestro Corps Soldier x3 (1200) vs Original Thunderbolts (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Version tested:

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Yellow Lantern (Karu-Sil) @320, Yellow Lantern (Sinestro), Yellow Lantern (Crane), Sinestro Corps Soldier x3, Oracle (1330) vs Original Thunderbolts, Jolt, Atom (Ray) (1330)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: On paper, the powers look as cool as the character. In practice, I found her really disappointing. Her powers aren't easy to use, but they have this high-end potential in edge cases, which is a super annoying thing to have to price around. She'd work a bit better if there were more cohesion between some of the other non-Lyssa/Arkillo YLs (herself, Sinestro, and Scarecrow), but even then, I'm not confident she'd be great.

In general it feels like it's hard to really make sure she'll do anything for you besides be a big attack number. Not necessarily a huge problem if she's just an Insurgent with a big attack number and unusually high Life, IMO - mechanically that'd give her a niche. But I feel like the card could be streamlined if that's what she's gonna be. I think the way the powers are designed makes her feel a little flat when you can't pull off the crazy high-end stuff.

Only one game in, so I'll try shaking up the build in the next game, but I wanted to throw this out there in case you saw it before I finished and were willing to talk through some of the design points.

Update after game two:

Well, for all my concern, that change to Merciless Assault didn't end up making a huge difference in that game. I think the Assault is a lot easier to pull off with Sinestro and Scarecrow in the army. Which is good, IMO, since they're the two YLs I normally draft least. Nice to see em have more reason to show up to the party.

That said, there isn't a ton uniting those other Insurgents yet, and they don't provide with you a huge toolset. So even though Karu herself works better in that build, the SCS just isn't firing on all cylinders without Arkillo. It does ease my mind a bit to see a build where Merciless Assault actually works well, though. Makes me feel more hopeful about being able to integrate her into the faction as we develop it.

I'd be comfortable going back to the previous version of Merciless Assault after seeing this one in action a bit. I don't think she needs the full turns that badly when she's running with Sinestro/Scarecrow, and I'm not sure how much they'll really help her get along with Arkillo/Lyssa, so it probably makes sense to keep the power design-space safe.

If you can stomach the complexity, though, I think a real viable middle ground would be to let her attack with an Insurgent, or get a full turn with an Uncommon Insurgent. Still lets her get along nicely with Sinestro and Scarecrow, but also makes it easier for you to spam Sinestro Corps Soldiers without having a hard time moving them up.

I do still have some reservations about Enraged - mainly the double attack part. Sounds like you got it working for you at one point during the initial but it mostly doesn't come up. I'd be tempted to drop the double attack just to keep the power from swinging her value in a huge way in edge cases. I think we'll get more perspective on that power once we're testing the Pack, so I understand if you don't want to take pre-emptive action on it, but it's something to keep a close eye on.

Also, total theme/flavor note and not a mechanical note, but I do wish Merciless Assault and especially Enraged had more specific/Sinestro Corps sorts of names. Not immediately sure what to go with, though!

Last edited by Ronin; September 12th, 2020 at 04:21 PM.
Old September 12th, 2020, 01:12 AM

So this is how the issue breaks down for me:

1. Merciless Assault is usually not worth the marker burn because even when she gets the wounds, it's just too hard to get enough SCS in range to attack.

2. That means they're no real penalty for going after Karu-Sil first, which means for the most part her Enraged doesn't get charged up either.

What if we made this (significant power boosting so we might need other trade offs) change?

MERCILESS ASSAULT
Instead of attacking with Yellow Lantern, you may remove a yellow Battery Marker from this card to take an immediate turn with X other Insurgents you control within 6 spaces of Yellow Lantern, where X equals the number of Wound Markers on this card. You may not take additional turns with any other figures you control.

Old September 12th, 2020, 01:14 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Always willing to talk. I was trying to capture her takingnchsrge in some situations and not others and yet be balanced.
Old September 12th, 2020, 01:18 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I do dig the idea behind Merciless Assault. I think it's just too difficult to use, and ends up leaving you feeling a little cold.

I think Bats' tweak could be a cool direction to try out.
Old September 12th, 2020, 01:19 AM

I think if you make the change I suggested above and like tweak her Life down to 5, she'd be in a good place.

Old September 12th, 2020, 02:15 AM
Now moves with Flying.

My concern there would be making her too fragile. She has about the right survivability as it stands.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library