Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old September 2nd, 2006, 04:20 AM

777Omega has disabled reputation
But what about DC?

Isn't it strange how DC makes The Comics for Heroscape, and there making Marvel Legends Heroscape!?!

My Wife Says, 'Hi'.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 01:01 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I prefer the marvel characters to the DC's!
And no ones said that there won't be a DC scape in the future!
Old September 2nd, 2006, 01:41 PM

777Omega has disabled reputation
I agre Marvel is better, but I think its funny about the whole comic thing.

My Wife Says, 'Hi'.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 02:16 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
yes ever since i saw some one bring up the DC "rainbow rider" it became very claer to me that marvel was better, id always thought it before but that confimed it

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old September 2nd, 2006, 04:51 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Once Marvel Legends HS comes out DC will be available too...at least my Heroclix will become scape customs

I say, once we get a peak at the official rules and Marvel hero cards we begin a big Super Hero Customs Project to get all our favorites playable.
If DC does not jump on the HS bandwagon then we will have Batman and company anyway. And Hasbro's liscencing with Marvel is limited so Custom Marvel characters will definately be in order.

I know what I am saying is not new but I just think a collective project like the one Annerios is doing for Horrorclix would be best so as not to have 20 different Wolverines and Superman's. I'm sure everyone will have their own Marvel/DC/Indy customs thread but a super hero barracks ran by a comic geek admin would be nice. Any comic geek admins out there?
Old September 2nd, 2006, 04:58 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Re: But what about DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Omega
Isn't it strange how DC makes The Comics for Heroscape, and there making Marvel Legends Heroscape!?!
I look for that to change actually.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:01 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
I don't see that happening.

Fairly recently, Marvel signed an exclusive deal with Hasbro to release their toys, games, etc. D.C. has a contract with Mattel. I can't picture Mattel being too pleased with a DCScape game.

Old September 3rd, 2006, 04:08 PM

webhead817 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry

Fairly recently, Marvel signed an exclusive deal with Hasbro to release their toys, games, etc. D.C. has a contract with Mattel. I can't picture Mattel being too pleased with a DCScape game.
But...obviously Marvel has a deal with WizKids to make a collectable miniatures game...and apparently that doesn't prevent Hasbro from making a non-collectable miniatures game using the same characters. It really depends on whether or not Mattel has the rights to make a minis game or not...just because they are doing the action figures doesn't necessarily rule it out.

MARVEL AttackTix Battle Figure Game Game Developer
TRANSFORMERS Bot Shots Battle Game Game Designer
The Avengers Loki's Mercenaries
Old September 3rd, 2006, 06:53 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead817
Quote:

But...obviously Marvel has a deal with WizKids to make a collectable miniatures game...and apparently that doesn't prevent Hasbro from making a non-collectable miniatures game using the same characters. It really depends on whether or not Mattel has the rights to make a minis game or not...just because they are doing the action figures doesn't necessarily rule it out.
This is different though. I believe that Marvel is using the "Marvel Legends" tag which is linked to their toy line and therefore belongs to Hasbro for distribution purposes. I guess to know for sure we would have to know what the contract covers. If Mattel makes all of the DC board games, then there probably won't be a 'scape for the DC universe.

Hasbro owns WizKids, so there is a bit more flexibility with the Marvel characters.

Old September 4th, 2006, 01:14 AM

kanegrundar has disabled reputation
Quote:

Doesn't Hasbro own Mattel, or am I mistaken?
Old September 4th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Topps owns wiz kidz.
Hasbro doesn't own Mattel.
Hasbro owns wizards of the coast.

We don't know exactly what any of these contracts say.

There are many Marvel Comics based games. Fantasy Flight has a board game coming out. There is Heroclix. There is Battle dice (collectible blind purchase). There is some other Marvel action hero battle game.

We don't know what the DC contract with Mattel says. It might allow "hobby games" to have the loophole that dc heroclix is in...

However, the DC characters are at a whole other level of power from Marvel. They are epic, cosmic, massively superpowered. Superman. Wonderwoman. Green Lantern. They just don't fit into these kind of games. Superman in clix is a joke. He shouldn't even have a KO click...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old September 4th, 2006, 05:20 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
There are many Marvel Comics based games. Fantasy Flight has a board game coming out. There is Heroclix. There is Battle dice (collectible blind purchase). There is some other Marvel action hero battle game.
I have heard from a comics shop employee that DC has traditionally kept the rights to their heroes much more exclusive than Marvel. I think it makes sense: you see a lot more random Marvel material out there. In addition to the games Doc mentioned I have seen some expanding foam figures and a whole array of poseable figures separate from the regular action figure line.

BTW Doc do you really consider DC to be that much more powerful than Marvel? It does not seem like Superman or Batman would be that unbalanced against the Hulk or Captain America. Well if you pit Superman against Captain America it might not be pretty but you could say the same of the Hulk versus Batman =P

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion