Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 9th, 2021, 11:50 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: SchismaticSounds Home Custom's (9/9/21)

Love the simplicity. Great designs!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 10th, 2021, 12:04 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: SchismaticSounds Home Custom's (9/9/21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Great units!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Love the simplicity. Great designs!
Thank you, thank you! :-]
Old September 28th, 2021, 03:11 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: SchismaticSound's Customs (9/22/21)

Props to @flameslayer93 for the progress resulting feedback on this one.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; November 23rd, 2021 at 05:04 AM.
Old October 1st, 2021, 04:29 AM

Re: SchismaticSound's Customs (9/28/21)

An interesting change to Phoah Ra. A movement bonding for the Crypt Guardians. Really helps with their grouping movement across the board. Allows them to stand a chance in racing other squads to glyphs and setting up for Curse of the Mummy.
Old October 21st, 2021, 03:17 PM

Re: SchismaticSound's Customs

Introducing

Utgars Strangle

THEBALUS-

Character Bio: Once a majestic creature of royal descent, Thebalus, upon his coronation, was to bring forth an age of golden prosperity for the Gryphillin.. until one day out with his friends, Theracus and Domacus, he sought to prove himself bold and daring by entering the forbidden thicket. Perhaps it was ill timing, or perhaps it was Thebalus who awakened something that day. A shroud befell the land, screeching with horrors and spreading a tangled growth of blight. The sky went dark for 4 months and a day. And rumors spoke of what appeared to be a Gryphillin spotted in the sky, overlooking the black lands.

Image of figure
Spoiler Alert!

GOMORRAK (Has since been moved to Valkrill)

Special Release *
CAROCK-

Inspired by the Zelda 2 boss.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; November 19th, 2021 at 03:15 AM.
Old October 21st, 2021, 04:23 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: SchismaticSound's Customs *Utgars Strangle* 10/21

More Utgar figure = Sometimes padding out Valkrill's forces steals some of his thunder in custom forums.

Unfortunately I can't see a card for Thebalus. Neat mini though

Gomorrak: Be advised that his first power refers to him as Gomorrak the Desert Lich despite his card name just saying Gomorrak. Regardless he's pretty interesting as a ranged sorcerer who seems to want to be engaged as often as possible. Being ranged and able to heal differentiates him enough from the Frost Giant who comes at a similar price and also has a Dying Swipe power.

Carock: Very interesting unit. He's pretty tough but has a weakness power, and his SA is pretty unique as well (very visual too, I can see it in my head reading it). Blink is also useful and makes him hard to pin down. Good work on this one

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 21st, 2021, 04:50 PM

@TheAverageFan

Fixed. Good catch, thanks!
And that's odd, it should be there o_o

Carock was a strange one to develop. I wanted to take all aspects from his inspired character (like only being able to be hurt by his own attacks), but couldn't entirely because it wouldn't work into the game. At one point, he was 8 Life, 0M 0R 0A 0D and everything was in the abilities, but it was a broken design.

Edit: The questionable bit with his special attack is whether he can attack a second figure after destroying an adjacent figure, if he is still engaged. It’s intended he can’t, but left kind of ambiguous with “must attack again”

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; October 21st, 2021 at 05:41 PM.
Old October 21st, 2021, 05:45 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds
Edit: The questionable bit with his special attack is whether he can attack a second figure after destroying an adjacent figure, if he is still engaged. It’s intended he can’t, but left kind of ambiguous with “must attack again”
The If Possible clause should take care of that. Plus with Blink I don't know how often that'll come up anyway.

~TAF

Old October 29th, 2021, 01:11 PM

Re: Schismatic's Customs -10/28- Utgars Strangle

Introducing

Entities of Lands Far Gone

PRIESTESS ACULANDA-

Character Bio: Nothing here yet.

To Special attack or not to Special attack?
When using X-2 Custom card creator format, text is 4 lines shorter than seen here, sitting at 26 which is seen with longer text cards.

This custom is under investigation and planned as a submission for SoV.

SUL KHATESH-

Initial post version
Spoiler Alert!

Special Release *
REGAUL HAVITUS-

Character Bio: Nothing here yet.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; January 2nd, 2022 at 06:15 PM.
Old October 29th, 2021, 03:00 PM

Re: Schismatic's Customs - NEW PACK -10/29- Entities of Land

Very cool and diverse collection of heroes here

Aculanda: Moon Essence is a cool power; shielding a unit and then healing it is highly useful for keeping them alive either to escape the heat of combat or to make them harder to kill throughout a battle. There are some wording things on it I'm unsure of, like if Aculanda can move it to a new hero once it's been placed off her card or if she can use it on herself. I'm also curious to see why you chose to make Whirlwind a Special Attack as opposed to its normal version.

Khatesh: Definitely the coolest here, that is a wicked sculpt. Four attacks for 3 is pretty crazy (as is a normal ranged attack of 5), and flat-out Banishing enemies from the battlefield also has a high cool factor. Just an overall destructive unit (and priced appropriately for such). Does Channelling mean that she can only effectively attack once per Round, or does it work as long as you revealed the X marker at any point that Round? (the former might require a "this turn" to avoid confusion)

Regaul: Whispering Winds makes him a good sniper since he can get 4 or 5 attack relatively easily. Snow is the most common terrain expansion found on the battlefield so he isn't niche either. I only know a little about Gnolls from D&D lore but I'm nonetheless surprised to see one for Jandar--they tend to be pretty unequivocally evil as far as I knew.

Overall well done with these ones

~TAF

Old October 29th, 2021, 07:51 PM

@TheAverageFan
Grateful for your analysis, feedback and support.

To address some questions,
The Wording for Aculanda's Moon Essence stems off of Master Caylus' "Staff of Enfeeblement". She can move it to another hero once it has returned to her card and cannot use it on herself. Whirlwind just came upon really wanting to give her a twister type ability themed off of her staff and pose.

Since the earlier posting of her card here, there was some discord discussion on how she would implement with other units, (since she is a possible SoV submission) if she would promote cheesy methods of use. So her heal has been limited to small and medium like Ana's and I'm unsure yet whether to remove the defense buff.

Whirlwind was not really enjoyed by anyone. I experimented with giving the standard whirlwind assault and having base range 5 and attack 2 stats. With the new card here, there are a few questions on these new changes and for direction. Maybe "twister" isn't a bad Special Attack alternative. Though I am limited in both text space and how useful to make her attack-wise to keep balanced.

Khatesh is pretty powerful! That is why with channeling, she is limited to 1 attack per round. I will investigate that change to make it more clear. Though she can still attempt a banish on a move only turn. I feel she pretty much has to have that limitation, along with less range, since the 4x3 out damages Q9 and Q9 sets the bar for top level ranged multi attack offense. Changes could be made here to give her more consistency if alone, but she no doubt packs a punch even still.

I found Regaul in 2/3 playtests was fairly well able to make up his point value, picking off enemies from a distance once his team was engaged. Though if enemies closed in on him from the sides or are able to engage him, his potential is diminished. Haven't yet tested him on snow yet. The simple reason he likely is in Jandar was for his aesthetic. Like with the blue Dzu Teh. And he looks a bit more noble of a Gnoll too.
There is a same posed darker model, but this snow one was tempting to check out.
Old October 31st, 2021, 07:19 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Khatesh is pretty powerful! That is why with channeling, she is limited to 1 attack per round. I will investigate that change to make it more clear. Though she can still attempt a banish on a move only turn. I feel she pretty much has to have that limitation, along with less range, since the 4x3 out damages Q9 and Q9 sets the bar for top level ranged multi attack offense. Changes could be made here to give her more consistency if alone, but she no doubt packs a punch even still.
Thematically, the power name "CHANNELING" doesn't hit the mark for me. I think its meant to imply that the attack needs to 'recharge' or that it takes a long time to cast. I think a more specific name could help. Mechanically, the wording seems like it could be simplified and specified. In my opinion, the "if you revealed an 'X' Order Marker" phrase doesn't allow you to reveal the 'X' marker. it just sets a condition on what happens if the 'X' is revealed. I think you need language on the card somewhere indicating when you reveal the X marker. See Ranjit Singh's LION OF PUNJAB, "Before rolling for initiative, you may reveal the 'X' Order Marker on this Army Card. If you do..." etc. It specified when you do it and then what happens. Perhaps try...

CHANNELING
After moving and before attacking with Sul Khatesh, you may reveal the 'X' Order Marker on this Army Card. Sul Khatesh may only attack on a turn that the 'X' Order Marker was revealed on this Army Card.

Another idea that I just had (that slightly overhauls the card), would to be remove CHANNELING entirely, tone down her base attack (3?), and include a reveal the 'X' order marker clause into ARCANE ARROWS SPECIAL ATTACK. This shortens the card text considerably by removing a power, addresses the concern about her consistency when alone, and still checks her damage output.

Overall, I think its a really cool design!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards