Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 5th, 2021, 12:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flameslayer Customs (Large Expac: Eruption of Power)

It is an unarmed dude, but since he's a hero and a secret agent (and psychic), I figured the 4th attack die works well. Extensive training lets Monks throw 4 dice after all, so why not an agent?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 27th, 2021, 04:57 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flameslayer Customs (A travesty on my part)

It's been *checks the calendar* over six months since my last update in here. Let's fix that, hm?

Lord Gralsbur
Spoiler Alert!

Thunder Pylon
Spoiler Alert!

Gnoll Lancers
Spoiler Alert!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 28th, 2021 at 12:31 AM.
Old September 27th, 2021, 10:36 AM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Flameslayer Customs (A travesty on my part)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
It's been *checks the calendar* over six months since my last update in here. Let's fix that, hm?

Lord Gralsbur
Spoiler Alert!

Thunder Pylon
Spoiler Alert!
Cool! I’m guessing your intent is to make him melee only when he deploys a pylon. If so, setting his range to 1 rather than reducing it by 5 might be cleaner. If he has a range bonus such as that one glyph, he may still be able to attack from range depending on the order of application.
Old September 27th, 2021, 01:24 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Gralsbur: Launching destructible objects that act as little tesla towers is pretty neat. I do have to say though that the Pylons aren't very strong. Only going off once a round and only wounding adjacent units on a pretty low roll makes them not too much of a threat. They're more dangerous to attack really. Maybe their true use is for blocking spaces in chokepoints His being ranged helps the Axegrinders immensely.

Gnoll Lancers: A neat play between their two powers: Flanking to reduce defense to 2 for an Attack boost is quite handy and also thematic with Gnolls' wolf/hyena style. It also works with other Valkrill units. 2 Defense on a Unique Squad is pretty brutal though even at the low cost.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 27th, 2021, 11:13 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post

Cool! I’m guessing your intent is to make him melee only when he deploys a pylon. If so, setting his range to 1 rather than reducing it by 5 might be cleaner. If he has a range bonus such as that one glyph, he may still be able to attack from range depending on the order of application.

Yeah, that's the gist. I may be better off changing the wording to say that he can only attack adjacent figures this turn when he deploys a pylon so that no range stacking shenanigans can occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Gralsbur: Launching destructible objects that act as little tesla towers is pretty neat. I do have to say though that the Pylons aren't very strong. Only going off once a round and only wounding adjacent units on a pretty low roll makes them not too much of a threat. They're more dangerous to attack really. Maybe their true use is for blocking spaces in chokepoints His being ranged helps the Axegrinders immensely.

Gnoll Lancers: A neat play between their two powers: Flanking to reduce defense to 2 for an Attack boost is quite handy and also thematic with Gnolls' wolf/hyena style. It also works with other Valkrill units. 2 Defense on a Unique Squad is pretty brutal though even at the low cost.

~TAF

Blocking up chokepoints was the real key for Gralsbur. He acts as a leader by blocking things up for the Dwarzgo Empire Gunners to launch their grapeshot at enemies (thematically anyway). The weaker d20 powers of the Pylons is more so that they didn't feel too difficult for slow melee armies to deal with, since they either have to attack it, or suffer the occasional jolt. Plus, Dwarves are typically depicted as slow. It wouldn't make much sense for them to create weapons more effective against them then their enemies... right? Right?

And I agree, the Gnolls may end up being too weak with only 2 Defense. Maybe when I get to testing them I'll see about upping it 3 to at least give them half a chance at surviving. At least you have 4 figures...

Thanks for stopping in gents!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old September 28th, 2021, 12:57 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm a fan of the gnolls, i've been playing with a Gnoll Archer hero and would like to pair them on the board sometime for some fun theme

I don't think they are too expensive. They are comparable to tomb skeletons but pretty much better in every way. They have move of six, which is better than boosted skeletons and their capture the weak with a higher move will help them to move in on Wait then Fire squads. Though I have a question on that, is the ability looking at what the figure's current defense is counting bonuses like height and raelin aura or is it looking at the defense number on the card.

If it checks the number then it definitely gives them some good matchups, if it looks at defense after bonuses then I would say it is much more limited. Regardless, I think that a cheap 4 man squad that can move quick, take height, and throw some dice with flanking could be worth the points as a spin on the clean up squad.

Lore question, I never imagined gnolls to be that small. Do you have a miniature for this? I typically see them depicted as humanoid sized.
Old September 28th, 2021, 01:30 AM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I'm a fan of the gnolls, i've been playing with a Gnoll Archer hero and would like to pair them on the board sometime for some fun theme

I don't think they are too expensive. They are comparable to tomb skeletons but pretty much better in every way. They have move of six, which is better than boosted skeletons and their capture the weak with a higher move will help them to move in on Wait then Fire squads. Though I have a question on that, is the ability looking at what the figure's current defense is counting bonuses like height and raelin aura or is it looking at the defense number on the card.

If it checks the number then it definitely gives them some good matchups, if it looks at defense after bonuses then I would say it is much more limited. Regardless, I think that a cheap 4 man squad that can move quick, take height, and throw some dice with flanking could be worth the points as a spin on the clean up squad.

Lore question, I never imagined gnolls to be that small. Do you have a miniature for this? I typically see them depicted as humanoid sized.

Thanks for popping in Shiftrex!

To answer your question regarding the relative size of the Gnolls, I've got a picture. I took some artistic liberties with the DnD model, but the Mage Knights models are all pretty short.

You are supposed to consider Capture the Weak after Flanking, so even though Raelin 1.0 is a thing, when she isn't you can sometimes reduce a 3 defense creature to a 2 defense creature with Flanking (and then you get the extra attack die). These guys aren't really gonna hold a line and can't compete with real lineholders, but they can harass an army down before/after the real army does their job.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old October 2nd, 2021, 02:41 PM
I could go

Re: Flameslayer Customs (Aeven, Null, Hendrix)

Got a few more evil heroes for ya. What's living but not living at the same time?

Aeven the Kyrie Warrior
Spoiler Alert!

Null Command
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Hendrix
Spoiler Alert!

It's taken a while to get these cards down. Thanks to those who've posted about them over in discord to help me get the builds to this point!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old October 2nd, 2021, 07:20 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sooner than 6 months this time, eh?

Aeven: Nice to see another unique aura kyrie. Drinks are definitely on Deathwalkers whenever this guy's around. Having to kill him first is a pain to be sure, especially with 4 defense as opposed to the usual 3 for Kyrie Warriors. Because of that he might be too strong with Raelin next to him--having 5 Life and 6 Defense and making her immortal until he dies is pretty brutal. I'd consider maybe limiting it to Utgar figures like Torin does to ensure it doesn't get out of hand in that way, and to make him reserved more for unique builds such as Minions of Utgar armies.

Null Command: I don't know what even to make of the unit: what the mini is, the power, the price, how good or bad it'd be. It's certainly a chaotic design and right in line with Valkrill for that reason.

Sir Hendrix: Unholy Oath is an interesting mechanic as it affects everyone. Because he's a death knight and boosts initiative I do find it odd that he's not Relentless so he can bond with Death Knights of Valkrill and work in Knights of Blackgaard armies. I would potentially consider changing his first ability from taking a turn to just Moving and Attacking with the slain unit, to avoid turn stacking abilities such as Bonding. Either that or have you gain control of the unit for that immediate turn a la Mind Flayer so you could still use special powers without inadvertently taking control of other units.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards