Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 1st, 2007, 04:34 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Terrain Expansion is part of Large Expansion Wave 3

By Truth on 05.01.07 4:13 pm

Never mind :P
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:44 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
I believe it was posted elsewhere that the Ashigaru were could also be riflemen as well as spearmen. The whole pack my be Einar.

Vampires and Fiends can't help but be Utgar. Would be surprised if they are anything else.
Hopefully Hasbro will have done enough research to know that Ashigaru didn't use rifles.

Vampires for Vydar would surprise you? I think undead can go to either general at this point....I liked the notion of "intelligent" undead going to Vydar, and mindless swarms going to Utgar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide

Now, since the general concensus is that the spearmen are Ashigaru, do you think that they will follow the unique squad president that all other Samurai, except the archers, have set?
No way....these guys are common through and through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
Riflemen - with the name applying to about 200-years' worth of troops, it's *very* hard to pick, but my favourites from the list are British Napoleonic Riflemen (with their distinctive green jackets), Franch from the 1870 Franco-Prussian War (with their distinctive red trousers), or US Army Riflemen from Vietnam (with their distinctive necklaces of ears).
Of those, Napoleonic-era troops (for Britain or France) seem the most likely. I think the Franco-Prussian War troops are not something Americans are typically familiar with or interested in. Vietnam troops....no way in hell.
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
Jumping in with predictions!

Vampires and feinds:Two vampire heros (one possibly for Vydar, but I wouldn't count on it) and a unique 4 person squad of feinds, though I have no idea what race they will be

Spearmen and Riflemen: I agree with the general concensus of ashigaru spearmen, though I would prefer a common gladiator squad. Riflemen, can't say...to many possibilities. However, I want to see a swat team for vydar. I know it won't happen any time soon, but it's a cool idea anyways.

Knights Templars:Two common squads; one four man infantry squad, one three man crossbowman squad. I know that there is a big desire for horses, but I highly doubt it will be here.

Heros of something-or-other:Four heros, one double spaced knight for Jandar, one staff weilding elf for ullar, one other hero for Jandar, and a hero for Vydar, just because he needs representation in this wave. (still hoping for a swat team)

PS-Not to dig up the hatchet or anything, but I read every page of this thread before posting.
Good post....I think that if we got the hero pack you mention, we'd get five figures. I think we'll only get four figures in a hero pack if TWO of them are large double-basers, like in Wave 2.
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:55 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I hope we get Templars that wear the big red cross on their garments, but I could understand if we don't.
Really? I couldn't. It'd be like making the Airborne Elite wear red, or the Minutemen fight in pink tutus.

White surcoats with the red cross is *the* archetypal uniform of the Templars (and it's worth remembering that the military orders like the Templars were pretty much the first troops to bring back the concept of a uniformed appearance sine the Romans).
I won't like it, but I'll understand it. A lot of folks don't take kindly to anything involving religion. It's dumb, sure, to complain about historically accurate representations in a children's toy, but those folks are out there and always seem to have the loudest voices. Hasbro may decide to make minor alterations to the costume to avoid potential complaints....I think something could be made that looked very Templarish minus the full-on cross without it being comparable to your extreme example of minutemen in tutus.
Old May 1st, 2007, 06:40 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Anyone who doesn't like anything to do with religion should just be thankful they don't burn people at the stake anymore.

And remember it's freedom OF religion not FROM it.

Templars with Red Crosses ALL THE WAY...or just call them KNIGHTS!!!

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:20 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Can we please withhold our outrage until something actually happens to offend us? I'm 99.9% certain that the knights templars will have prominent red crosses on white fields and that nobody will be offended whatsoever.
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:25 PM

ezekiel has disabled reputation
Especially when we finally have them to use in our own army

naboota itchy nub nub- Chewbacca hoo ha

In memoriam of Deannie-April 17, 2007
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:49 PM

Adam has disabled reputation
Quote:
Hopefully Hasbro will have done enough research to know that Ashigaru didn't use rifles.
Ah, young grasshoppa, you should research before you make with the jabber of your lips:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Ashigaru formed the backbone of samurai armies in the later periods. The real change for the ashigaru began in mid 16th century with the introduction of guns from foreign traders, such as the Portuguese. Almost immediately local daimyo started to equip their ashigaru with the new weapon that required little training to use proficiently, as compared to the Japanese longbow which took many years to learn.

The advantage of the new powerful ranged weapon proved decisive to samurai warfare. This was demonstrated at the Battle of Nagashino in 1575, where carefully positioned ashigaru with muskets thwarted Takeda's repeated heavy cavalry charges against the Oda clan's defensive lines and broke the back of the Takeda war machine.

After the battle, the ashigarus' role in the armies were cemented as a very powerful complement to the samurai. The advantage was used in the two invasions of Korea in 1592 and 1597 against the Koreans and later the Chinese. Though the ratio of the guns (muskets) and the bows was 2:1 at the first invasion the ratio became 4:1 at the second invasion since the guns were very effective .[1]

WARDEN 816~~The GRIM RAPERBOT
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:23 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Quote:
Ah, young grasshoppa, you should research before you make with the jabber of your lips:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Ashigaru formed the backbone of samurai armies in the later periods. The real change for the ashigaru began in mid 16th century with the introduction of guns from foreign traders, such as the Portuguese. Almost immediately local daimyo started to equip their ashigaru with the new weapon that required little training to use proficiently, as compared to the Japanese longbow which took many years to learn.

The advantage of the new powerful ranged weapon proved decisive to samurai warfare. This was demonstrated at the Battle of Nagashino in 1575, where carefully positioned ashigaru with muskets thwarted Takeda's repeated heavy cavalry charges against the Oda clan's defensive lines and broke the back of the Takeda war machine.

After the battle, the ashigarus' role in the armies were cemented as a very powerful complement to the samurai. The advantage was used in the two invasions of Korea in 1592 and 1597 against the Koreans and later the Chinese. Though the ratio of the guns (muskets) and the bows was 2:1 at the first invasion the ratio became 4:1 at the second invasion since the guns were very effective .[1]
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see Rifle anywhere in that Wiki quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:24 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Hey Adam...

Those weren't "rifles"

They were firearms, but not "rifles" in the ture definition of the term.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:44 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
Jumping in with predictions!

Vampires and feinds:Two vampire heros (one possibly for Vydar, but I wouldn't count on it) and a unique 4 person squad of feinds, though I have no idea what race they will be

Spearmen and Riflemen: I agree with the general concensus of ashigaru spearmen, though I would prefer a common gladiator squad. Riflemen, can't say...to many possibilities. However, I want to see a swat team for vydar. I know it won't happen any time soon, but it's a cool idea anyways.

Knights Templars:Two common squads; one four man infantry squad, one three man crossbowman squad. I know that there is a big desire for horses, but I highly doubt it will be here.

Heros of something-or-other:Four heros, one double spaced knight for Jandar, one staff weilding elf for ullar, one other hero for Jandar, and a hero for Vydar, just because he needs representation in this wave. (still hoping for a swat team)

PS-Not to dig up the hatchet or anything, but I read every page of this thread before posting.
Good post....I think that if we got the hero pack you mention, we'd get five figures. I think we'll only get four figures in a hero pack if TWO of them are large double-basers, like in Wave 2.
Really? Who was the other double spacer in the Wave 2 heros? The only heros I remember are Snoopy, Denrick, Krug, and oh, wait...Burqie's double space. My bad! Well, maybe that last hero that's unknown will be a double spacer.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old May 2nd, 2007, 12:13 AM
Best Marvel Role-Player ('07 CoNny Award)

Troll Warrior is surprisingly tart
Vampires = Unique Heroes; Two for Vydar, One for Utgar; All have a simmilar Life Drain ability but differ in other aspects
Fiends = Unique Squad; Probably beefed up Minions of Utgar

Spearmen = Common Squad; either Shaka's Zulu fighiters or ancient Greeks/Romans/Persians
Rifleman = Common Squad; either traditional "Red Coats" or WWII soldiers (we have enough samurai-esque characters and don't need ashigaru for another wave or two)

Knights Templar = Common Hero; a mounted knight waving a mace-and-chain (not neccessarily historically accurate, but it would look cool)
I like Potatoes!!!= Common Squad; crossbow footmen

Heroes of ______= a hero for the Spearmen, one for the Riflemen, one for the Knights, and a new Troll

There is my two cents.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News