Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 1st, 2020, 05:55 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape Tournament at Lodge Con, Feb 8 in Peotone, IL

I am confirmed! Looking forward to it!

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old February 3rd, 2020, 02:06 PM

Jreilly89 Woo who?

Think I have something come up this Saturday, so I'm out. If you are thinking of running it next year, I could come too.
Old February 3rd, 2020, 11:17 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Can I suggest Fire Isles as an alternative to Hot Heights? I know the overall feedback on Hot Heights was pretty negative at Polar Vortex. It really encourages podding on the hill closest to your start zone.
Fire Isles uses the same maps as Hot Heights so that should be no problem. I picked Hot Heights last time because it was an old classic and Fire Isles has been used so much, at least in my heyday. But as long as nobody else objects, I'll glady make the swap. And next time I'll look into some other lava map alternatives.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old February 3rd, 2020, 11:17 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Updated with user list and some pictures to preview the prizes. My wife is also going to repaint Grimnak and Raelin so there will be prizes for the top 4 finishers!

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old February 4th, 2020, 08:16 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Can I suggest Fire Isles as an alternative to Hot Heights? I know the overall feedback on Hot Heights was pretty negative at Polar Vortex. It really encourages podding on the hill closest to your start zone.
Fire Isles uses the same maps as Hot Heights so that should be no problem. I picked Hot Heights last time because it was an old classic and Fire Isles has been used so much, at least in my heyday. But as long as nobody else objects, I'll glady make the swap. And next time I'll look into some other lava map alternatives.
I’m just suggesting anything other than Hot Heights, Fire Isles was the only othe BOV map with the same requirements. ��

@vegietarian18 @jetjake I’m staying with some family up there so I’m not available to carpool. I’d definitely consider it for future tournaments though!

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 7th, 2020, 07:27 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Do we need to buy a badge online now for the event, or is that something we do when we arrive?

Old February 7th, 2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Do we need to buy a badge online now for the event, or is that something we do when we arrive?
You can buy the badge when you arrive.

Do NOT click this link.
Old February 7th, 2020, 10:36 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
You can buy the badge when you arrive.
Thank you sir! Looking forward to it!

Old February 7th, 2020, 07:47 PM

jetjake knows what's in an order marker jetjake knows what's in an order marker

Unless we have some walk-up’s, I’m guessing we will only need 3 rounds. We are starting at 1pm still, right?
Old February 7th, 2020, 09:42 PM

Another question. Is the Modified Nilrend still temporary, or with the modification is it now permanent?
Old February 8th, 2020, 02:27 AM

We may only "need" 3 rounds of Swiss to name a 3-0 leader, but we will be doing 4 rounds either way. Ties would be broken by H2H and then by a modified point system that uses weighted SOS. And I think chances are high that we will have more than 8 players.

I can explain the point system in more detail tomorrow. The main takeways are that it uses full card scoring and it's only used to break ties between players with the same number of wins.

Modified Nilrend will be a permanent glyph.

Do NOT click this link.

Last edited by Clarissimus; February 8th, 2020 at 02:43 AM.
Old February 8th, 2020, 11:23 PM

@Clarissimus thank you for a awesome tournament today. I enjoyed meeting lots of new people.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events