Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 11th, 2018, 06:40 AM

Whiskey McGreggor Woo who?
Re: Astroking112's Custom Units [Update 6/2/18]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey McGreggor View Post
I gotta say, it would be funny as hell to just pick up an annoying figure like a deathreaver and just throw it into lava.
And at 130 points I'd say he's pretty fair too, only complaint I might have is his health, I'd probably reduce it to 5 and give him a defense of 7 to compensate for it but overall he looks like a fun hero to play, especially since he bonds.
I played a game with Heracles against some Deathreavers and Nilfheim when testing Eltris, and Throw was a huge relief for dealing with those pesky rats. Even without lava, there's likely a 50% chance of killing a squad figure with a throw, to boot.

Why do you feel like the health is too high? I was looking at Valguard as an inspiration for being able to afford some leaving engagement attacks (to improve the strength of his bonding), but I'm open to changing it. I'm not set on the current values yet.

I'm hesitant to go up to 7 defense because that reminds me of Q9 a little too much, but I was pretty heavily considering 6 Life with 5 Defense for a while. I'd like for him to be bulky, but I'm hesitant to make anything that's too tough to take down.

Thanks for the feedback! You've given me some good stuff to consider.
True forgot all about Valguard, it was just a suggestion.
Still looks like a really fun guy to play though.
Old July 11th, 2018, 06:44 AM

Whiskey McGreggor Woo who?

True Valguard is pretty beefy as well, either way looks like a fun figure to play.
Old July 11th, 2018, 02:22 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll have to see how useful the extra life is in practice. One of my main concerns in transitioning the Heavy Tackler into a Unique Hero is that he'll be too easy to tie down for the opponent, leaving little chances for counterplay to get those extra turns.

Something that I have been faintly considering is making Brutus Devout to get more synergy with C3V's Count Raymond (whose Maneuver 9 would be a big benefit to these guys), but that theme isn't jiving for me yet. I could always argue that he's devout to his team instead of a different cause, but the word generally has a more religious context and might feel forced.
Old July 11th, 2018, 02:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I don't think Devout works, although it would be mechanically cool.
Old July 11th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
I'll have to see how useful the extra life is in practice. One of my main concerns in transitioning the Heavy Tackler into a Unique Hero is that he'll be too easy to tie down for the opponent, leaving little chances for counterplay to get those extra turns.

Something that I have been faintly considering is making Brutus Devout to get more synergy with C3V's Count Raymond (whose Maneuver 9 would be a big benefit to these guys), but that theme isn't jiving for me yet. I could always argue that he's devout to his team instead of a different cause, but the word generally has a more religious context and might feel forced.
Hmmm.... my family follows MMA a decent amount, and I've seen that a lot of athletes (or at least fighters) are surprisingly religious (crossing themselves, thanking God for their victory etc.) - not all by any means, but a significant number. You could play up that angle - looking at him, it doesn't feel unfeasible, and it gives him a tad more backstory.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 11th, 2018, 03:00 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Hmmm.... my family follows MMA a decent amount, and I've seen that a lot of athletes (or at least fighters) are surprisingly religious (crossing themselves, thanking God for their victory etc.) - not all by any means, but a significant number. You could play up that angle - looking at him, it doesn't feel unfeasible, and it gives him a tad more backstory.
That's actually a very good point. In the various sports that I've played, there have been plenty of athletes that were also pretty religious. The two themes may not be as conflicting as I had thought.

Since he's now Unique instead of Common, it definitely could also give him more flavor without being unreasonable. Making him Devout had mostly been a fleeting thought, but the more that I think about it, the more that I like it. It'll need some explanation in the bio, but I think it might work.

@superfrog @Whiskey McGreggor , do you think that Devout works more with this spin on it?

Last edited by Astroking112; July 11th, 2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old July 11th, 2018, 03:21 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think it could work, especially if you play into it, and have other Devout Athletes. Even if it's not my favorite, some cards have weird personalities. Q10 is Merciful, after all.
Old July 11th, 2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I think it could work, especially if you play into it, and have other Devout Athletes. Even if it's not my favorite, some cards have weird personalities. Q10 is Merciful, after all.
Some more Devout Athletes wouldn't be unfeasible, I think. I don't want every athlete to be Devout, though, to keep some individuality to them (I'm also fond of Steel Auxilius' Tormented personality, and was planning on the final Black Hart Unique Hero being Tormenting to complement him).

I also have an Uncommon Hero idea for these guys that doesn't have a personality yet, so Devout could be a good fit there. I kind of like the idea of Dark Isis being boosted to be a little bit faster as well, but I think Dauntless fits her theme more.

And every time that I remember that Q10 is Merciful, it makes me a little sad that we never got a Swarm of the Marro cartoon.
Old September 20th, 2018, 01:01 AM

Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 6/2/18]

I'm in the process of significantly overhauling this thread. I plan to take a page out of the book of some other creators on the site and devote a post within this thread to each unit so that I can consolidate information for them more easily (such as bios, synergies, and ability text to future-proof this thread). I'll be keeping lists of links to each unit in the main post to keep navigation simple and easy.

Because of this transition period, I've had to remove all of my customs from the OP for the time being to make room. As I find the time to post each unit, I'll be updating the text there to become a proper link. For posterity's sake, here is the original OP:

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 22nd, 2018, 01:02 PM

Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 9/22/18]

BRUTUS
Star of the Black Harts

A Divided Alliance - Heroes of the Sport (1/4)

The figure used is the Heavy Tackle for the Black Harts team from the game Battleball. Brutus is a double-spaced figure.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • COUNT RAYMOND : DEVOUT LEADERSHIP
    As a figure with a Devout personality, Brutus may benefit from may benefit from Count Raymond’s DEVOUT LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

• COUNT RAYMOND : MANEUVER 9
    As a friendly human figure who follows Einar, Brutus may benefit from Count Raymond's MANEUVER 9 when he receives one or more wounds from a leaving engagement attack.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • EBON ARMOR : ANIMATED MATERIEL & ETERNAL WAR
    As a Unique Human, a destroyed Ebon Armor you control may be placed on Brutus' Army Card to replace Brutus upon his own destruction.

• HATAMOTO TARO : ADJACENT TOUGH 1
    As a figure that follows Einar, Brutus may aid Hatamoto Taro with his ADJACENT TOUGH 1 defense bonus.

• TEAM LEADER : EINAR ATHLETES
As always, any comments or feedback are appreciated.

Last edited by Astroking112; May 31st, 2020 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Updated links.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 05:08 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

It's cool to see some Battleball customs! I love those figures, and what you've done with Brutus is pretty cool. He seems strong with his bonding power, since he has both Throw 12 and an attack of 4 to make himself unengaged. But those are both risky, so if he fails those, you really wasted a turn. I'm sure he'd be tricky to play!
Old September 22nd, 2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
It's cool to see some Battleball customs! I love those figures, and what you've done with Brutus is pretty cool. He seems strong with his bonding power, since he has both Throw 12 and an attack of 4 to make himself unengaged. But those are both risky, so if he fails those, you really wasted a turn. I'm sure he'd be tricky to play!
Thanks for checking them out! I'm pretty sure that I've had the game sitting around my house for longer than HeroScape, and the figures always seemed like a perfect match to me. Hopefully I'll be able to playtest them enough to submit them to SoV before the supply dwindles too much.

Brutus is definitely an interesting leader because of his drawbacks, though. His Order Marker management is a nice bonus to the army (in addition to being able to get in that extra attack or throw to help the army out), but if he gets tied down or overextends and fails an important roll, then everything quickly falls apart.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards