Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 3rd, 2017, 10:18 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Looks good @Hahma . This guy was one of the characters that was played when I played a few scenarios with a friend of mine. The models for that game are pretty nice. The kickstarter box of it cost him close to 400 bucks off ebay. I've been at it painting more of my rum and bones figures. So far I have painted 2 factions from the core box of season 1, a hero booster for each of those and 2 mercenary hero booster boxes from season 1. I'm going to start on my second tide core box next.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 3rd, 2017, 11:05 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Thanks TREX!

I think my buddy Jeff only paid $225 for it on Kickstarter. He still has more coming whenever they do the 2nd shipment. I'm guessing I'm going to have a dragon to paint at some point.

Sounds like you've been busy with your Rum and Bones stuff. Glad that is turning out to be a winner for you.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 3rd, 2017, 01:46 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Thanks TREX!

I think my buddy Jeff only paid $225 for it on Kickstarter. He still has more coming whenever they do the 2nd shipment. I'm guessing I'm going to have a dragon to paint at some point.

Sounds like you've been busy with your Rum and Bones stuff. Glad that is turning out to be a winner for you.
There are still so many models to paint. I'm trying to knock them out by expansion boxes so its not so intimidating. I'll be doing massive darkness or zombicide black plague next I think. I also want to paint my Walking dead all out war stuff and the modern zombicide to use with it as well.

Old August 3rd, 2017, 07:20 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Lazer Riderz - If Tron and X-Wing had a lovechild, this would be it. You have 4 discs on the table that you are trying to get your movement templates to move through cleanly in order to take that disc and replace it with one of your color. The first player to get three of their color on the table wins. You start out blindly placing a starting prong shaped piece on the edge of your side of the table. Then on your turn, you will place an X-Wing type movement template on the table, extending from your starting point and then from the end of your existing template, as they stay on the table. You have the 1-5 straight pieces (several of each) and several 1-4 curved pieces. You also have a speed dial that goes from 1-5 and you can only alter your new speed (template length) by 1 either up or down. Going straight is easy, as you just place it at the end of your existing piece. Making a turn requires you to roll a d6 and you need to roll the number of the template speed you are using or higher. So the faster the turn the harder it is to complete. If you fail the roll, you end up going straight with that speed. If you roll a 6, you make the turn but you spin out and your speed is reduced to 1 for the next turn. If your template hits another player's line of templates, then all of yours are removed and you have to start again from the edge of the table, and the player you hit removes all of their templates behind the one you hit, and they continue as normal from their existing template. Kind of fun and wacky game, and it's totally retro packaged. Each player has their own box with their stuff and its like a VHS case box. The 4 VHS style boxes fit into an open ended box similar to what a boxed set of VHS movies used to come in.
My buddy got this from kickstarter and we played it Friday night. It is a ton of fun and just cheesy enough to scratch the 80's retro itch (I love the VHS packaging by the way). Don't know how many times I attempted a turn and ended up having to go straight and blow past the disk I wanted. Did your friend get the cheesy, synthesized glam-rock CD that came with the kickstarter version? It got sent separately for my friend and so we didn't get to enjoy the soundtrack the first time. We're planning to give it a go again tomorrow while some big-hair schmo sings "Waaaaavvvveee Riiiiidddeeerrrr!!!" in the background.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 3rd, 2017, 07:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:

Lazer Riderz - If Tron and X-Wing had a lovechild, this would be it. You have 4 discs on the table that you are trying to get your movement templates to move through cleanly in order to take that disc and replace it with one of your color. The first player to get three of their color on the table wins. You start out blindly placing a starting prong shaped piece on the edge of your side of the table. Then on your turn, you will place an X-Wing type movement template on the table, extending from your starting point and then from the end of your existing template, as they stay on the table. You have the 1-5 straight pieces (several of each) and several 1-4 curved pieces. You also have a speed dial that goes from 1-5 and you can only alter your new speed (template length) by 1 either up or down. Going straight is easy, as you just place it at the end of your existing piece. Making a turn requires you to roll a d6 and you need to roll the number of the template speed you are using or higher. So the faster the turn the harder it is to complete. If you fail the roll, you end up going straight with that speed. If you roll a 6, you make the turn but you spin out and your speed is reduced to 1 for the next turn. If your template hits another player's line of templates, then all of yours are removed and you have to start again from the edge of the table, and the player you hit removes all of their templates behind the one you hit, and they continue as normal from their existing template. Kind of fun and wacky game, and it's totally retro packaged. Each player has their own box with their stuff and its like a VHS case box. The 4 VHS style boxes fit into an open ended box similar to what a boxed set of VHS movies used to come in.
My buddy got this from kickstarter and we played it Friday night. It is a ton of fun and just cheesy enough to scratch the 80's retro itch (I love the VHS packaging by the way). Don't know how many times I attempted a turn and ended up having to go straight and blow past the disk I wanted. Did your friend get the cheesy, synthesized glam-rock CD that came with the kickstarter version? It got sent separately for my friend and so we didn't get to enjoy the soundtrack the first time. We're planning to give it a go again tomorrow while some big-hair schmo sings "Waaaaavvvveee Riiiiidddeeerrrr!!!" in the background.
He didn't mention the CD, but knowing Zack, he gets all the bells and whistles when he gets stuff. Heck, he got that $300 special edition of Small World, with the big heavy wooden box, so I would imagine he got the CD too

Yeah, those turns were brutal. And a couple of us didn't even realize that there was a gradual and sharp turn template for the same speed, because we were just grabbing one with the speed number on it without checking the curviness of it. Oh well, next time.

Old August 4th, 2017, 12:18 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Playing some Heroscape Saturday with some local guys that are looking to get back into playing. I hope at the very least it opens the door for more regular play.
Old August 5th, 2017, 03:45 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Did my first play yesterday of Star Wars Imperial Assault, (someone else's copy). It was the four game mini campaign Bespin Gambit, with two players running two heroes each. We won the first, lost the second, won the third, and then lost the fourth--by one single character move!

It was so close that it was nail biting right to the end. Nine hours of learning and gaming! Yikes!!!
Old August 5th, 2017, 08:19 AM
"like" happy

@chas . How was it for you? It sounds like you had fun. I love imperial assault, but we always play multiplayer skirmish games instead of the campaigns.

Old August 5th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Sounds fun Chas! That's a nice day of gaming.

Old August 5th, 2017, 09:44 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I got the chance to play Catan last night. Believe it or not it was my first time ever playing it. It was a four player game with one other person playing for the first time. I placed fourth but I actually won. Technically I won with 11 points because I turned over a third knight for two points when I was sitting at 9. The two other veterans had 8 points and the other first timer had 6. They were kind of excited at how competitively close the game was since they weren't playing with any of their expansions. Is it typically a run away? I ask because I really enjoyed the game.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 5th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Prickly Cactus

@japes , I've only played Catan a few times with my daughters. It's a fun little game. I can't recall how close the games were, but I'm sure we had some pretty close ones.

Old August 6th, 2017, 01:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Very busy week painting my buddy's Sword and Sorcery stuff. Just doing the five characters we are playing, female Shaman and her Bear form, female half-ghost Pirate, Elf archer, Dragon Warrior, a Knight and a wolf that I'm not sure who uses. There are ghost forms (multi-shaded blue minis) for each character/bear/wolf, as well as the Troll boss figure, 3 treasure chests, and 2 sets of of different doors. I still have the Orc King boss to paint, and eventually a dragon. But I'm certainly glad to be done with this lot. We may actually be able to start our campaign pretty soon, as we are only going to play once a month, and won't even get to the Orc King boss or dragon for awhile anyway, so I have time.

As usual, the lighting isn't the best, so some of the subtle details, shading and highlighting get a little washed out, but you get the general idea here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games