Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old January 5th, 2011, 01:07 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: KC's D&D - Betrayals of Utgar, EPIC CAMPAIGN! (50%)

*sigh*

Real life again has intervened with my work on this project, and I'm definitely not going to be working on it at night over the next few tax season months.

Therefore, I've decided to recruit some help for this project, and make it a community effort. I'd like to break up the maps, battles, and scenarios that need to be constructed for BoU and let you, the masses, design them.

Here's how it will work. I'm going to lay out what needs created in this post. If you'd like to work on a map, battle, scenario, what-have-you, just post here and request it. First come, first serve. I already have descriptions up for a few of the dungeons, so I'd like those to be followed when building them. When you pick a scenario to work on, I'll PM you some of the details that surround it. This way, everything will be able to fit seamlessly together into the overall story and into my DM manual.

I'm asking that each map be built in Virtualscape and contain instructions for the battle/scenario/dungeon. Once the map is built, you can upload it onto the site, link it here, and it can be reviewed and discussed (if you can't upload, you can e-mail them to me and I'll get them on the site). As long as you incorporate the details I give you, the rest is up to you. You can do anything else you like with the scenario.

I'd really like to get this finished, as I believe it can easily be the most epic campaign Heroscape has ever seen. I hope you want to help me out!

Here is what still needs constructed, and a very basic summary of what each is. Some of it is rather secret, but you'll be let in on it if you build it. Use the link on the front page of this thread to my Overworld map if you need to see where I'm talking about:

Dungeons (normally 4-5 rooms, including a boss fight at the end. Campaign style similar to River of Blood):

Light Dungeon (see front page for link to description - Located in the Thaelnek Tundra)
Darkness Dungeon (see front page for link to description - located in the Kyrien Mountains)
Nature Dungeon (see front page for link to description - located in the Forgotten Forest)
Intellect Dungeon (see front page for link to description - located west of Bleakewoode in a cave)
Power Dungeon (located in the Volcarren Wasteland in a cave)
Ticalla Cave Dungeon (located in a cave in the Ticalla Jungle)
Memory Dungeon (located on Haukeland in a cave)
Utgar's Fortress Dungeon (located at Utgar's fortress in the Kyrien Mountains. The Darkness dungeon leads here. This will be about the size of 2 normal dungeons).

Battlefields (should be conducive to a 1v1 kill-em-all battle of between 500 - 700 Points)

Stechevan Ruins (located in southern Nostrauland at the mountain pass into Upper Bleakewoode)
Searing Pass (located on the entrance to the Volcarren Wasteland from Braunglayde)
Wellspring of Obsession (located in Thaelenk Tundra)
Samurai Dojo (located on the far western Laur peninsula)
Outer Colisseum (located at the Colisseum in the Town in Jotungard)
Dragon Lair #1 (located underground)
Dragon Lair #2 (located underground)
Dragon Lair #3 (located ????)
Dragon Lair #4 (located ????)
Dragon Lair #5 (located ????)
Dragon Lair #6 (located ????)
Secret Lair #1 (located ????)
Secret Lair #2 (located ????)
Secret Lair #3 (located ????)
Secret Lair #4 (located ????)

Random Encounter Battlefields (should be less than half the size of a regular, BoV-sized 1v1 battlefield. A very little area where armies will be small and able to engage on the first turn)

Grass Battlefield
Sand Battlefield
Swamp/Jungle Battlefield
Snow/Ice Battlefield
Lava Battlefield
Colisseum Battlefield (like a fighting arena)

As the projects are completed, I'll link them on the front page and add then into my DM manual, which is just basically waiting on these scenarios.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:42 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: KC's EPIC COMMUNITY PROJECT! I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

I'd be willing to do some of the Random Encounter battlefields, starting with grass.

Do you want them to be symmetrical or asymmetrical?
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:15 AM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

If I have any time, I'd love to mess around in VS and make some of these.
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:46 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I'd be willing to do some of the Random Encounter battlefields, starting with grass.

Do you want them to be symmetrical or asymmetrical?
PM Sent - they can be either symmetrical or asymmetrical. It's up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDVincent View Post
If I have any time, I'd love to mess around in VS and make some of these.
Awesome! Just let me know which one you want to start - you can pick anything off the list that hasn't already been chosen.

I added a Community Project section to the front page so that I can keep track of who is working on each section of the project. Thanks for your willingness to help, guys!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:30 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I sent you a PM with the image. If the map is okay I'll send you the PDF file.
Old January 6th, 2011, 03:53 PM

Random Encounter Battlefield: Grass
Red start zone for monsters, blue for heroes.

Download here.

Preemptively, I'd like to work on the lava encounter map next. I'd like to see what people think of this one first though.
Old January 7th, 2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Random Encounter Battlefield: Grass
Red start zone for monsters, blue for heroes.

Download here.

Preemptively, I'd like to work on the lava encounter map next. I'd like to see what people think of this one first though.
As I said in our PM, I think it's perfect. A couple of little height variations, and small enough for a quick little skirmish.

All Your Pie is going to work on the Light Dungeon as well as the Lava random encounter field, so I'll mark him down. Thanks, AYP!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

I posted on the blog.
(2 dragon lairs, and the ruins of Stechevan.)

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old January 7th, 2011, 07:59 PM

I'm going to have to drop out from doing the Light Dungeon. I've got a reasonable third and final room, but the first two just aren't coming together for me and I can't get something I'm happy with.

I'm enjoying the Random Encounter battlefields, though, and will continue working on them.
Old January 8th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I call both colliseums!

Random Encounter Colliseum Pillars have no tops. I tried to make a balanced map that looked like an arena- collumns, sand, and a lot of rocks for a height gain.

Spoiler Alert!

Next up is the colliseum map.

Edit: here you go!

Colliseum

Spoiler Alert!

Dibs on the swamp random encounter! (got to get mapmaking, BRB!)

Last edited by Robber; January 8th, 2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: update maps
Old January 9th, 2011, 01:02 AM

Robber,

Thanks for helping out with the project! I like the Outer Colisseum map - just so you know, the DM's army will be Spartacus, Retiarius, Capuan Gladiators x3. The Player's army will include Marcus Decimus Gallus and Romans x2, plus 300 Points of heroes from the party. As long as your starting zones can accomodate that, it should be fine.

For the Random Encounter battlefield though, I'd like to take out the water and glyphs, and maybe make it a bit smaller. The only battles going on there will be literally 1 hero vs. 1 hero, so we don't need glyphs, and I'd like the heroes to start close enough that most heroes can engage on the first turn. Also, I just don't feel like there'd be water inside the gladiator arena, you know? If you fix that up, I think it will be perfect.

Again, thanks! I have you down for the Swamp battlefield, too! Again, it should be nice and small, so that figures can engage probably on the first OM - a very quick skirmish.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 9th, 2011, 01:50 AM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

I guess I'll mess around with Utgars Castle, if no one else has swiped it. I'll spend a fair amount of time on it though...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios