Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 17th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Shaman of Morindan

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOVANI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That actually works for me. Maybe make it "up to three (heck maybe any number of" Zombie of Morindan figures". So you could place 1,2,3...ect. Zombies on your card. This could be beneficial if you are short on starting spaces.
Yeah, then you can use Zomb's low point cost to squeeze the most out of your army if you fill starting spaces before you run out of points.
Figures in your army that don't start on the board still count against your hex limit. So that's not really a help in that regard.
I think "These figures are considered to be "previously destroyed"." takes care of this problem. Previously destroyed means they have already been on the map and accounted for.
If this does not hold true then this power is in trouble. Start zones are not official to Heroscape so you could not add in the phrase "These figures do not count towards starting spaces." That would be a bummer because I think it is a fun mechanic for an underused squad.

FRESH CORPSES
If you have a Zombie of Morindan card in your army, you may place three additional any number of Zombie of Morindan figures on this card at the start of the game. These figures are considered to be "previously destroyed".

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:51 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart

Working with suggestions here....

Quote:
Unit Name : Zakovani, the Shaman of Morindan

General: Utgar
Species: Elf
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Lord
Personality: Tormented
Size: MEDIUM 4

Stats
Life: 5
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

SPECIAL POWERS

ZOMBIE INCANTATIONS
If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s small or medium figure, you may replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombies of Morindan. If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s large or huge figure, you may replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombie Hulks.

FRESH CORPSES
If you have a Zombie of Morindan card in your army, you may place any number of Zombie of Morindan figures on this card at the start of the game. These figures are considered to be "previously destroyed".

STAFF OF MORINDAN
The STAFF OF MORINDAN treasure glyph starts on Zakovani's card at the beginning of a game. If he is destroyed, place the STAFF OF MORINDAN glyph on the space where he was destroyed. Any other treasure glyphs carried by Zakovani are destroyed along with him.
Quote:
STAFF OF MORINDAN
The figure that controls this glyph may use it's special power once per turn.

HORDE COMMANDS
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with any three Zombies of Morindan figures or a Zombie Hulk. After taking a turn with Horde Commands, control of all figures returns to the previous player.
PS. After this one is all done, I am definitely doing a German fighter pilot.

Last edited by ZAKOVANI; May 17th, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:57 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
STAFF OF MORINDAN
The STAFF OF MORINDAN treasure glyph starts on Zakovani's card at the beginning of a game. If he is destroyed, place the STAFF OF MORINDAN glyph on the space where he was destroyed. Any treasure glyphs carried by Zakovani are destroyed along with him.
I would change that last sentence to read "Any other treasure glyphs carried by Zakovani are destroyed along with him."

Your intent may be clear, but your words are imprecise.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
Quote:
STAFF OF MORINDAN
The STAFF OF MORINDAN treasure glyph starts on Zakovani's card at the beginning of a game. If he is destroyed, place the STAFF OF MORINDAN glyph on the space where he was destroyed. Any treasure glyphs carried by Zakovani are destroyed along with him.
I would change that last sentence to read "Any other treasure glyphs carried by Zakovani are destroyed along with him."

Your intent may be clear, but your words are imprecise.
Yes haha, don't want his staff being destroyed- that'd make it pointless to kill him then haha. I am just going to change it in my last update up there^.
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I like how you fleshed out the Staff of Morindan treasure glyph, which allowed you to clean up the Shaman's card.

I'm not a fan of Fresh Corpses-it won't work the way it's being envisioned. There are already plenty of precendents that figures that don't start on the board don't get to join the battle later-Dividers, Marro Warriors, Hive, Zombies (AE and Rechets are different-they're a one-shot deal, not respawning of previously destroyed units, and their spaces still have to be accounted for in most formats these days).

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; May 18th, 2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: 5500!
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:31 AM

Yeah I am still thinking over Fresh Corpses and it might have ti drastically changed or dropped later on.
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:40 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I'm not a fan of Fresh Corpses-it won't work the way it's being envisioned. There are already plenty of precendents that figures that don't start on the board don't get to join the battle later-Dividers, Marro Warriors, Hive, Zombies (AE and Rechets are different-they're a one-shot deal, not respawning of previously destroyed units, and their spaces still have to be accounted for in most formats these days).
That is why the power says-
These figures are considered to be "previously destroyed".
Non of the figures you mention have that stated in their power.

Remember you are destroying these figures. Unless you are lucky enough to use ZRA against enough enemies to bring all your Fresh Corpses back without losing any Zombies, then the figures are still destroyed(wasted). You still start down on points.

Figures can not move through enemy figures unless they have Ghost Walk. Figures starting off map count cannot 'return' unless you have Fresh Corpses. Unless this is an unbreakable rule.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:15 PM

Yeah, because essentially if you are missing 60 points of zombies in a 500pt game, you'd start at 440 and the opponent would start at 500. If you had the AE, undropped, then you'd both start at a full 500- so I do think this power makes sense.
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:28 PM

My argument is that this power is in no way unbalanced. I would never be for this kind of ability for Marro because they are already powerful enough, The Zombies can use this very minor boost which most likely will not hep you in most games. I am guessing 1 or 2 Zombies starting as Fresh Corpses is going to be best and still prove to be useless a lot of the time. I believe it will be a rarity when you can kill 3 or more figures with no losses.
I think this is a fun mechanic and does not break any unbreakable rules like no boosts to Special Attacks. There was a time when the X OM was no more then a 'fakey' but now it might activate a Special Power. This game is designed to evolve with new Special Powers.

If someone can explain to me why this power is broken I would appreciate the understanding. Thank you

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
My argument is that this power is in no way unbalanced. I would never be for this kind of ability for Marro because they are already powerful enough, The Zombies can use this very minor boost which most likely will not hep you in most games. I am guessing 1 or 2 Zombies starting as Fresh Corpses is going to be best and still prove to be useless a lot of the time. I believe it will be a rarity when you can kill 3 or more figures with no losses.
I think this is a fun mechanic and does not break any unbreakable rules like no boosts to Special Attacks. There was a time when the X OM was no more then a 'fakey' but now it might activate a Special Power. This game is designed to evolve with new Special Powers.

If someone can explain to me why this power is broken I would appreciate the understanding. Thank you
I was agreeing with you up there^ that's why I said I thought the power made sense.... haha misunderstanding, we don't wanna argue with each other about the same opinion, now do we? And before you ask, that has happened to me before.
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:44 PM

I am arguing with you ZAKOVANI. I am just trying to lay down my thoughts and opinions if someone wants to take the other side. I encourage this and have no problem being wrong, I just want to know why I am wrong. Sorry for the confusion ZAK.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I am arguing with you ZAKOVANI. I am just trying to lay down my thoughts and opinions if someone wants to take the other side. I encourage this and have no problem being wrong, I just want to know why I am wrong. Sorry for the confusion ZAK.
Hahahaha I know what you meant there but you forgot the word "not." It made me laugh, and yes if Killometer would care to elaborate on his position, we can discuss the power.

Last edited by ZAKOVANI; May 18th, 2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: grammar

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards