Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 26th, 2021, 11:56 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Which squads do you think are the most fun?

Hi all,

I'm curious, which squads do you think are the most fun to play? Not the best — simply the most enjoyable?

For me it would be the Zombies, for the sheer cackling glee of seeing new Zombies rise!
Old October 27th, 2021, 12:17 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Which squads do you think are the most fun?

The Venoc Vipers for the frenzying and Omnicron Snipers for the doubled skulls and height advantage (and taking out a Fen Hydra on one roll).

Old October 27th, 2021, 12:50 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really enjoy games when I have the Phantom Knights. The freedom to fly around and pick the most advantageous engagements; the maneuverability to beat most units to the punch; the defense to have a decent chance to weather attacks while your order markers are elsewhere. I mostly just have 2 squads of commons figures, and for many builds I don't feel like it's enough, but splashing 2 squads of PKs usually feels like I'm gonna get a return on my investment. They can perform multiple roles if your squad has something it's missing. They can be Glyph getters, an assassination squad, height deniers, a screen. Anyway, I usually feel like, and do, have a fighting chance (as long as I have something to deal with Braxas). I don't always win when I have them, but I always have fun.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old October 27th, 2021, 07:18 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Zombies are my all time favorite. I just like watching my opponent’s face when my measly 2 attack not only kills one of their figures, but puts another one of mine on the board. I also find it fun to fight off a swarm of incoming zombies. Oh, and you can only shoot them in the head. Very thematic and fun.
I like the rechets of bogdan as well. The threat range they have on the turn they’re summoned is very satisfying. And lethal sting hardly ever happens, but the anticipation it brings is very fun to me. It’s like rolling defense as a deathwalker but in a fun kind of way.
Old October 27th, 2021, 07:32 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Marro Drudge on a swamp map just bring a smile to my face.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 27th, 2021 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Without swamp, they bring a smile and a loss.
Old October 27th, 2021, 08:16 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

for pure fun, I love to send a wave of Red Ants across to board. Also, if the numbers are right, I love running Granite Guardians and watching the slow roll of rock death. Agree that I don't often win with these (the reason they are not played much), but it is fun to play!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old October 27th, 2021, 08:23 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wolves of Badru - I pounce almost every time I can (once took out a full-life Agent Skahen with a pounce). *

Goblin cutters - these little guys are fun.

axegrinders - love me some dwarves.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; October 27th, 2021 at 08:24 AM. Reason: *And the wolf howl is not optional. Must howl. Aaah-wooo!
Old October 27th, 2021, 10:59 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Hi all,

I'm curious, which squads do you think are the most fun to play? Not the best — simply the most enjoyable?

For me it would be the Zombies, for the sheer cackling glee of seeing new Zombies rise!
Couldn't agree more!

Favorites are Zombies, Greeks, Shades, Monks, Microcorp, Dividers, Armoc Vipers, Protectors, Dwarfs, Aubriens, Einar Imperium, Samurai squads, and the Mohicans.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old September 4th, 2022, 12:59 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Stingers! Don't be a coward, Drain every time, regardless of tactical advantage.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old September 6th, 2022, 09:10 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Zombies of Morindan. They're my favorite unit in the game due to the way their mechanics blend with their theme. Watching my horde shamble across the board while replacing a few casualties is just grand.

Besides them, the Badru, Venocs, and Anubians are also enjoyable, while the Shades' mobile and swingy nature can lead to some fun games.
Old September 13th, 2022, 11:16 AM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

I have always really enjoyed the Roman's, just so many bonding options.

Come check out my heroscape .gif Images.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30039
Old September 13th, 2022, 01:05 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not necessarily my all-time favorites, but I like:

Very beefy/expensive squads like Minions and Sentinels because they require you to play with/against them differently. They're essentially mini-heroes.

Units with novel movement powers like Granite Guardians and Warforged Soldiers because they play differently and spice up the game.

Basically, I like the ones that require the players to think differently, both from a game-strategy perspective and a tactical positioning perspective.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion