Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 29th, 2020, 02:26 AM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
@A3n , the next time you get a chance to do updates can I ask you to fix STRIPE and give him a Move of 5?

The card shows a 3 and I didn't notice until I wasted the ink.

I'll delete the card from the gallery.

Thanks, buddy.
I wondered why he was so slow.
Old August 29th, 2020, 06:35 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky2007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
@A3n , the next time you get a chance to do updates can I ask you to fix STRIPE and give him a Move of 5?

The card shows a 3 and I didn't notice until I wasted the ink.

I'll delete the card from the gallery.

Thanks, buddy.
I wondered why he was so slow.
It's because he has fat fingers. Or maybe that's me.
Old August 29th, 2020, 12:24 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Way to own it, A5n (your real name that you meant to type all those years ago).

For some reason my Mac and my iPhone both gave me trouble trying to access the edit feature in the gallery. A dusty ol' lap top running Google Chrome allowed me to delete out Mr. Fat Fingers.
Old August 29th, 2020, 08:56 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

STRIPE is moving at full speed again.
Old September 1st, 2020, 11:10 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Thank you, sir.

As for Etrigan's background, I previously sent some burning gothic buildings but if you wanted to go with the hellish sinkhole idea, have you looked for pictures of Darvaza? Looks more menacing in night time photos.

Old September 1st, 2020, 11:18 PM
Captain Underpants

As for a new card design, I think it's time to reveal the "Gr...", and no, it is not Groot as guessed by Iambatman or Graviton as offered by Tickle.

It's really quite unfair as it is a unique squad that many might not think should be handled as a unique squad.

I call out to @Spidey'tilIDie who said this about the HelmAverse TMNT...

"Just wanted to drop by and say again how revolutionary your take on the turtles is. Any time I think of a Unique Squad they pop into my head. May be the best, most thematic, well designed Unique Squad on the site or in the game. (Not that I've seen them all, but I believe anyone would hard pressed to top this.)"

I would like my man Spidey to give a good hard look at these guys and tell me what he thinks, because personally I love them. On the flip side, Helm Jr. HATES them (or really, he hates facing them even though I have yet to win a game with them on my team). They sure are powerhouses though. That is unless you lose all 3 in the same round the way I did this passed weekend.

Well, with no further delays, Matt Helm presents...

-----------------------------------

DC

GREEN LANTERN CORPS

VARIOUS
UNIQUE SQUAD
LAWMEN
WORTHY
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 1
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 5
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 4

CONSTRUCT ATTACK BONUS
If a Lawman of the Green Lantern Corps is attacking an adjacent figure, add 2 dice to their attack.

EMERALD FORCE SHEILD
When an opponent’s figure attacks a Lawman of the Green Lantern Corps, all dice that do not show skulls count as automatic shields to be added to the Lawman’s defense dice.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for a Lawman of the Green Lantern Corps’ movement, ignore elevations. A Lawman of the Green Lantern Corps may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When a Lawman of the Green Lantern Corps starts to fly, if they are engaged they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH
Old September 1st, 2020, 11:39 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

That's cool!
Old September 1st, 2020, 11:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Very Helmsian approach!

The shield power is super powerful, but balanced by their only having one life. Like C3G's Green Lanterns, they definitely hate auto-wounding! Good thing they have Stealth Flying, cuz otherwise you'd never want to disengage with these guys.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2020, 11:19 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pretty slick.
Old September 6th, 2020, 02:38 PM
Captain Underpants

The Corps defensive ability and Stealth Flying definitely make them tough and a force to be reckoned with. But, with the exception of Helm Jr. who HATES facing them, the rest of us who were played with and against them agree that the 360 points is appropriate. They're the Green Lantern Corps, man!

Helm Jr. was screaming when in the same game they finished off Swamp Thing (who was initially hurt by Grundy), totally manhandled Aquaman, and then put some damage on both Black Lightning and Wolverine before they went down. What happened thought as they were on a lucky run and I just loaded OMs on them doing as much damage as I could. Ultimately I lost and probably should have stayed with the Grundy first plan.

In another game, I purposely sent the Corps after Helm Jr. to rattle him. They took out his beloved Cyclops immediately and he began ranting. They then hurt Storm pretty bad and he was fuming. Unfortunately for me, in one round, Swamp Thing took one out, Storm blasted one and then Wolverine took out the last one. Just like that I lost 360 points!

In the end, I love flying them around swooping in and out of engagements, deciding whether I want to fire from range with height or come in close for the engagement punch. I do laugh every time I don't have to bother with defense dice because my opponent just cannot roll skulls. When they roll a big hit though, the table goes nuts knowing that the green shield was penetrated and now I have to rely on my awful ability to roll defense dice.

As you can probably tell, I'm really happy with how they turned out. Now enough with my recent love of unique squads and back to posting heroes (Helm Jr. has a design that looks like it is becoming a unique squad... it really has to the way he wants to do it).

Last edited by Matt Helm; September 6th, 2020 at 05:00 PM.
Old September 7th, 2020, 08:06 AM

bishop2003 is surprisingly tart

Hey. I just recently discovered your customs. They are exactly what I have been looking for. A continuation of Marvelscape with Dc and other comic characters added on. I love them. I did have one question though. I really enjoy the turtles, but will you make any of their villains? I'd love to see what you would come up with for shredder and some of the others. Also I'm really excited to try out the Green Lantern Corps. They look awesome.
Old September 11th, 2020, 11:56 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop2003 View Post
Hey. I just recently discovered your customs. They are exactly what I have been looking for. A continuation of Marvelscape with Dc and other comic characters added on. I love them. I did have one question though. I really enjoy the turtles, but will you make any of their villains? I'd love to see what you would come up with for shredder and some of the others. Also I'm really excited to try out the Green Lantern Corps. They look awesome.
Wow, thanks for the kind words, bishop. It means a lot to us that your first post was addressing this little dark corner of the website.

The HelmAverse has been fun to create especially since it has always been molded by other great scape contributors from this community. I love hearing feedback on what really works for people, what doesn't work quite as well, and what new characters people would be interested in seeing.

One of these days I'm going to create a blog post that really lays out how we create cards for the HelmAverse. Kind of like a more modern version of my old blog that really dives more into our current philosophy.

Anyway, you didn't check in here to read my ranting nonsense. If you want that, just click on the link in my signature for "The Amateurs" and read some of the madness I used to write in the early days of C3G. And that was before I slipped into senility. I laugh because most of those posts have no context and just seem bizarre.

So to answer your question, I (we) had not planned on tackling any of the other TMNT characters. With that said, it doesn't mean we wouldn't consider trying at some point. I mean, even the turtles were on my "absolutely not" list but then three things happened:
1) They released awesome clix with the original red masks for each character (classic)
2) The turtles were put into a DLC for the video game Injustice so the boys were battling Batman against Leonardo right in front of me
3) I suddenly came up with the idea of a unique squad which hadn't been done before for the turtles as far as I can tell.
Suddenly the creative juices started flowing and the TMNT became a reality.

I'm sure the jump to Shredder wouldn't be that much of a leap. I'm not promising but you definitely have the boys and I intrigued. You never know.

It's funny because sometimes we have a design that is so close but we just aren't quite 100% satisfied and it kind of sits in limbo. Those designs get passed by new ideas we come up with and suddenly a card we thought was going to be next, drops in a holding pattern only to be scrapped completely when we finally circle back to it. If you searched through this entire thread you wouldn't believe how long Cyclops stood as a "coming soon" only to be passed over literally for years. In the end though, he came out as one of our favorites so it was all worth it.

Now that you got the seed planted, a Shredder may just happen at some point.

If you do get a chance to take the Green Lantern Corps for a whirl, let us know what you think. Thanks again for jumping into the HelmAverse with us.

Excelsior.

Last edited by Matt Helm; September 12th, 2020 at 12:50 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations