Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 18th, 2007, 04:48 PM

philowar is surprisingly tart
Thanks for the advice. I'll try out-ranging them, though it's tough when you're talking about 7 vs 6 range (not a whole lot of difference!). I suppose the best guys for the job would be Syvarris and Dead Eye Dan, what with their long range, though man are they fragile (and DED packs a weak punch, and only one per turn).
Old June 18th, 2007, 06:31 PM

FADE has disabled reputation
Thats the big difference you, when they move the sacrifice the ability to be better then most squad ranged units. All you have to do is keep backing away and bingo there easily countered. Plus it keeps them from going to high because if they cant jump down and chase a out ranging character they will have to fall back or just keep taking it

Me talking to my friend in lecture:
"Grimnak will eat your head" - Me
"What" - Him
"He's a orc who rides a T-Rex"
"WHAT!" - Him
Old July 7th, 2007, 04:33 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
If you are building a 500 point army around the Templar i'd suggest adding one or two squads of 4th mass as your ranged unit.
Old July 7th, 2007, 05:06 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
I think an interesting 500 point army would be.....

Templar Cavalry x2- 240
4th. Mass. - 70
Sir Gilbert- 105
KoW- 70

That leaves you with 15 points... hmmm... Did someone say Isamu?!?! Just send him out as a suicide mission and when he dies, the 4th. Mass. get their 'Valiant' boosted defense. I think this would be an interesting army. After Isamu dies, send out a squad of Templar to rush into the range and engage em', doing as much damage as possible. Once they die, send in 4th. Mass. to clean up whatever range is left. Then once the 4th. Mass. die, send out the other Templar Cavalry to do as much damage as possible. Then, as your last wave you send out Sir Gilbert surrounded by Knights so they're a 4 attack, 4 defense squad of four with boosted speed. I would absolutely LOVE to field this army. Do you guys think it's tournament worthy? Or am I a little over my head?
Old July 7th, 2007, 05:08 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062
I think an interesting 500 point army would be.....

Templar Cavalry x2- 240
4th. Mass. - 70
Sir Gilbert- 105
KoW- 70

That leaves you with 15 points... hmmm... Did someone say Isamu?!?! Just send him out as a suicide mission and when he dies, the 4th. Mass. get their 'Valiant' boosted defense. I think this would be an interesting army. After Isamu dies, send out a squad of Templar to rush into the range and engage em', doing as much damage as possible. Once they die, send in 4th. Mass. to clean up whatever range is left. Then once the 4th. Mass. die, send out the other Templar Cavalry to do as much damage as possible. Then, as your last wave you send out Sir Gilbert surrounded by Knights so they're a 4 attack, 4 defense squad of four with boosted speed. I would absolutely LOVE to field this army. Do you guys think it's tournament worthy? Or am I a little over my head?
Why not push the boat out and have Marcu instead of Isamu. 5 points over but who's going to quabble over that?
Old July 7th, 2007, 05:28 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
I'm thinking Templars are better suited to playing against the 4th Mass than with them. They are really the anti-range, since they can close the distance and decimate the ranged units up close. If you use them together, the 4th Mass won't be able to keep up with them without some really fancy manuevering on your part. You may decide to hold them back behind or beside the 4th Mass, though, and wipe out any Melee guys that get close to your line.
Old July 7th, 2007, 05:30 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junge Roman
I'm thinking Templars are better suited to playing against the 4th Mass than with them. They are really the anti-range, since they can close the distance and decimate the ranged units up close. If you use them together, the 4th Mass won't be able to keep up with them without some really fancy manuevering on your part. You may decide to hold them back behind or beside the 4th Mass, though, and wipe out any Melee guys that get close to your line.
So maybe replace that one squad of 4th. Mass. in my army for another squad of KoW?

EDIT: If I did this, the army would look like....

Templar Cavalry x2- 240
KoW x2- 140
Sir Gilbert- 105
Isamu- 10
Old July 7th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
I think G Force might be onto something. I still want to try cavalry x3 and 4th Mass x2 = 500. Move the 4th Mass up first keeping the cavalry right behind them. If they opponent tries to bum rush you, Wait and Fire. If they move up somebody with better range like KMA, Charge with your knights. Heck even Q9 could (possibly) get sideswiped with 3 attacks of 5.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:05 PM

Glitch has disabled reputation
I'm still unskilled in the ways of scape, but I think if you were to use the Templar, 4th Mass. team you could keep the templar back untill the enemey trys to bash the 4th Mass. then, after you attack with the Templar you turn them sideways so you can engage more units and hold them back more effeciently. Just an idea though.
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:05 AM

Zeus Jupiter has disabled reputation
These guys are so sweet. for 400 points i got this army.

2x 4th Massachusetts Line - 140 points
2x Knights of Weston - 140 points
1x Sir Denrick - 100 points

20 points under, but aint nothing doing about that. for 500 points i just throw in the Sarge and make it exactly 500. Either way this army eats about anything for breakfast.

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.
Old September 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM

Zeus Jupiter has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus Jupiter
for 500 points i just throw in the Sarge and make it exactly 500.
No it doesn't. :P
ok 490, i was thinking the sarge was 120, got mixed up. so it would be 490. still, not a bad army.

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:33 PM

War Solves Nothing has disabled reputation
An army I made with these guys seems to work pretty well.

Sgt. Drake(new)-170
Brunak-110
Thorgrim-80
4thMass x2-140

Without the little troopers, the army has no range. But just adding these guys gives your army all the range it needs. They are just the perfect ranged squad.

I am nothing without my brother. Note that he's typing this right now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units