Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2020, 10:18 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Dark City Games and the Fantasy Trip

It looks like Steve Jackson has the rights to his old Melee/Wizards games and is reprinting them.

What does this mean for Dark City Games, which is a retro-clone of said games? Probably an opportunity to sell more copies of the adventures, including the ones I've written! (Upon the Wind, Sunset at Silver Creek, Terrors of the Night, and soon to be released Deceit and Betrayal).

Old May 18th, 2020, 12:34 AM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Dark City Games and the Fantasy Trip

I'm currently writing a fifth adventure for DCG. It's a Lost World - inspired adventure. I am drawing on the Lost World movie as well as the Valley of Gwangi. The guys at Dark City Games liked the idea so much that they agreed to write another rules set for the pulp genre just to accommodate the adventure!
Currently there are Legends of the Ancient World (historical/fantasy), Legends of the Untamed West (cowboys and Indians) and Legends of Time and Space (scif-fi). The likely name for the new genre rule book is Legends of Pulp. The genre will also allow adventures like The Rocketeer, The Shadow, The Phantom and Indiana Jones.

Old May 18th, 2020, 08:16 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds cool.
Old December 7th, 2020, 11:17 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

I loved Sunset at Silver Creek, it was a solid campaign. Is there any update on the Pulp ruleset?
Old December 7th, 2020, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbilly1 View Post
I loved Sunset at Silver Creek, it was a solid campaign. Is there any update on the Pulp ruleset?
Thanks! I had fun writing it. As for the Pulp ruleset, I did sell them the pulp adventure but so far they have not released the rules set. I sent them a text and will update when they answer.

Old December 8th, 2020, 01:48 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

Awesome news, I cannot wait. I was introduced to DCG by Grishnakh here, he did the art for a few of their expansions such as Raid on Cygnosis. DCG's rulesets became my core of RPG and Tabletop gaming pretty much since Heroscape became impossible to buy at normal people rates. Knowing that in the future we will have a pulp setting gives me an excuse to build a trampsteamer and get some proper cars. Heck I might take it 54mm like I did with the western for skirmishes outside.

I just wish someone would make a set of Monster Manuals for DCG or TFT. I have a decent conversion method for D&D to TFT but it is dirty. A Fantasy, Scifi, and Western/Pulp set of Adversary books would be a huge benefit to the system. I know that there is a kickstarter for a limited Monster Manual and soon there will be one for a Bestiary also by Steve Jackson Games. And that CR Brandon has made a Bestiary aswell, but all together thats only about 100 unique creatures and mostly Fantasy based.

Last edited by fastbilly1; December 8th, 2020 at 03:02 PM.
Old December 8th, 2020, 11:48 PM

I haven't forgotten about you. I'm still waiting to hear back from Dark City Games.

Old December 10th, 2020, 12:07 AM

George from Dark City Games had a tragic loss; his mother passed away. He is also busy with work and not able to do anything with the game company for a few days. So I don't know when the pulp rules will be released. He did tell me that in the future they are planning on focusing more on fantasy than on the other genres. I will update this thread with new information - George promised to call me this weekend to talk.

Old December 10th, 2020, 05:41 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Working with Taeblewalker on a new historical choose your own adventure game on Paul Revere's Ride. Its a slightly different take on the genre, including both the usual adventuring and simple battle fighting.

Recently on The Late Show with Steven Colbert, bandleader John Batiste was asked what he wanted for Christmas and said: "Give me a collection of all the Choose Your Own Adventure games ever made!"
Old December 10th, 2020, 05:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice. I have quite a collection. Was big into Fighting Fantasy.
I preferred the books with combat.
Was also into Lone Wolf.
Old December 10th, 2020, 10:05 PM

I talked with Dark City Games. They hired a financial consultant who proved to them, with her advice and direction, that Fantasy adventures sell more than other genres. They still plan on eventually publishing the pulp adventure, but it might take a back seat to other, more recent, books. They also said that @chas and I should still work on the Paul Revere adventure. I talked to @chas tonight and he is making excellent progress.

Old December 13th, 2020, 12:39 PM

I hate to hear that about George's mother. Especially during a pandemic and the holidays.

Being that they met with a consultant, the other changes they are making make more sense. Looks like starting with Uprising they are changing the font for the cover and already updated the logo. Thanks to TFT being back in print and being active developed by SJG, fantasy is obviously the hot commodity right now so it makes sense to focus on that. This actually the opposite of my concern during the kickstarter where I thought they would focus on other venues than Fantasy, you know back when we did not know if SJG was going to strike down every other system based on his. However that means I will be buying those remaining scifi adventures as soon as possible.

What system are yall using for the Paul Revere adventure? I am not typically a big ACW fan, but have my Redcoats and 10th Mass ready for action.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games