Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News > Sightings and Sales

Notices

Old March 15th, 2018, 08:37 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Toys R Us preemptive sale

So I would just like to start that I did not want to make another thread, all these appear to be very similar.

But anyway due to the closing of Toys R Us there will most likely be a sale at all of their stores in the coming weeks or months. I personally plan to buy at least 1 of each part of this game there, what is it 2 "master sets" and 1 expansion set and that's it? They seem to be going for very cheap anywhere else but if you want them for even cheaper (me) I'm waiting for this sale that will most likely happen.

On another note I feel really bad for Toys R Us and I always loved the store but as a young adult with no kids I don't have much a reason to spend my business there but given the chance I did. I always thought there was value in being able to see what you are buying before you buy, especially kids with toys, but I guess not. Amazon 1 everyone else 0

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old March 22nd, 2018, 08:01 PM

OldSchoolGamer is surprisingly tart
Re: Toys R Us preemptive sale

I bought into HS in 2004 when it debuted. Played it ever since. Its been out of print and production for years. If your friendly local TRU still has sets, I'd be shocked.
It wasn't Amazon that killed TRU. It was the mountain of debt they acquired in the early 2000s, before Amazon was a marketing powerhouse.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 09:25 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think he is referring to the Magic:Arena of the Plainswalker game

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolGamer View Post
I bought into HS in 2004 when it debuted. Played it ever since. Its been out of print and production for years. If your friendly local TRU still has sets, I'd be shocked.
It wasn't Amazon that killed TRU. It was the mountain of debt they acquired in the early 2000s, before Amazon was a marketing powerhouse.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 10:19 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
I think he is referring to the Magic:Arena of the Plainswalker game

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolGamer View Post
Seeing as this is in the arena of the planeswalkers sub folder I thought that was evident. It appears that depending on popularity of the store near you they shuttle their supplies over to other stores that are doing better. My store had no trading card games including any of these. Sad day indeed guess I need to take my shopping online.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old March 23rd, 2018, 03:17 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I initially made the same mistake back when this was posted, because I was using the New Posts section instead of perusing the forums normally. It's not too hard to miss the section that a post is in every now and then.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 06:39 AM

OldSchoolGamer is surprisingly tart

You're right. Sorry, my bad. I was reading on a mobile device that didn't resize the page correctly. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...��

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News > Sightings and Sales