Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 4th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
I was able to look at all the cards today and am quite impressed. I have a few of these characters in Heroclix for, so I might have to give them a spin over the weekend. We're going to try the Zombies and a new map this weekend though, so I'm not sure if we'll get around to trying them. I'll let you know how it goes if we do though.

One suggestion for Starfire: She's noted as having a hot-temper. Maybe adding wounded smash to her and increasing her cost a bit might be a good idea. I don't know if that would make her too powerful though?
Hmm ... not a bad suggestion, but wounded smash is one of those powers that seems more fun (to me) if it's on the rare side. Also, if a player that already had flying and a ranged special attack got a big time power like wounded smash too, I dunno, seems like I'd have to bump up her cost pretty high ... For now at least, I'm going to put my energies into getting up the tons of cards I already have stats for but haven't put together in the photo program yet.
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:23 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hmm ... actually, Starfire's card IS a little bare, isn't it? How about this for a third special power?

"Hot Head"
If Starfire's card has any wounds on it, she may reroll all attack dice once per turn on a normal attack. The results of the second roll stand.

That way her bad temper is still reflected, but it's not quite as powerful as wounded smash.
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Obsidian3d has disabled reputation
I like it. It makes her more powerful and stays in character.

Obsidian
Old April 4th, 2007, 11:30 PM

Comments on any of the cards always welcome! If anyone is confused about the wording of any special powers, feels the point values are out of whack, etc, etc, I'd love to hear about it.
Old April 4th, 2007, 11:44 PM

Updated Starfire's up, along with several more updates (I forget which, but mostly DC Villains, Brainiac, Talia, etc.)
Old April 5th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Question, why do supergirl and superboy have a telekinetic throw and not just a throw from thier superstrength. I dont read alot of DC (mostly batman), do they have mental powers too? I noticed that supergirl had invisibility. I didnt know she could do that. Anyhow, the british cards...hahaha. Wow, talk about marro swarm with range. Nice stuff.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old April 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
Question, why do supergirl and superboy have a telekinetic throw and not just a throw from thier superstrength. I dont read alot of DC (mostly batman), do they have mental powers too? I noticed that supergirl had invisibility. I didnt know she could do that. Anyhow, the british cards...hahaha. Wow, talk about marro swarm with range. Nice stuff.
Supergirl's a complex one, because she's had at least three separate incarnations as a superhero (just in the comics!). I tried to make her representative, though I could've chosen a lot of other powers as well. Superboy's superstrength actually comes from telekenesis, I believe, or at least as per my research on wikipedia, where I went to help flesh out my knowledge of all these characters' powers before posting them (well, except the ones I already knew really well, like the big time JLAers, Batman and sidekicks and villains, etc.).
The one main (and fun) difference between the Jotun style throw, and the telekinetic throw is that with the latter, you can still throw flying figures, which I think is essential when you're likely to be matching up against so many fly-by-day superheroes.
Old April 5th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Good point, the TK throw is cool like that. As far as point values, I have not play tested any of them and I know I was the one to tell you to lower batman's score but you are right, 110 was too low. Try the 120-130 range. The rest, especially ones like superman and wonderwoman all seem spot on. Good job guessing.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old April 5th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
Good point, the TK throw is cool like that. As far as point values, I have not play tested any of them and I know I was the one to tell you to lower batman's score but you are right, 110 was too low. Try the 120-130 range. The rest, especially ones like superman and wonderwoman all seem spot on. Good job guessing.
I've actually been meaning to up Batman's point value back to 120 for a while. I agree that he's undercosted at 110 now, and when I draft him for play around here, I pretty much just tack on an extra ten points anyway.
120 also makes him fit nicely with Robin for an even 200 points.
Old April 5th, 2007, 12:39 PM

Batman's cost updated to 120.
Old April 5th, 2007, 01:52 PM

Amazo, Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, Poison Ivy, and Bizarro Superman posted.
Old April 5th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Amazo's power is great, though you could amp it up and say any figure within 5 clear spaces, choose one and copy thier powers. That would make him even more versatile. Is that a picture of Amazo? I thought he looked more androidlike and less human like.

The picture for Poison Ivy is from the Batman Hush series, right?

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations