Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:48 AM

bassdrum has disabled reputation

I am new to Heroscape and I love it. Just got the Master Set and Castle expansion. We have only played twice so far but we love it. I have a question on the expansion characters. Which ones should I get first? At Wal-mart and Toys r Us they do not have the best selection. They only carry wave 5. Are there waves 1-4 ? Where do I get them from? Also the wal-mart and toy r us only carried common character expansions. They did not have any of the hero's. I can't wait to play again and I look forward to picking up some expansion sets soon.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:50 AM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
You said they only have commons?? What are you waiting for?? Buy at least 2 of every common and get the rest you need at HouseMouse!

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:52 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Yes there are waves 1-4 There are also waves 2.5 and 4.5. As well as a mater set with three extra figures in the side. there are also a few exclusives, which include: A lava set, two sepeate figures and the master set with the extra figures. There is also a castle set, but it is not an exclusive.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:53 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfish
You said they only have commons?? What are you waiting for?? Buy at least 2 of every common and get the rest you need at HouseMouse!
He never said that they had commons.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:56 AM

Pattar007 has disabled reputation
Re: Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassdrum
I am new to Heroscape and I love it. Just got the Master Set and Castle expansion. We have only played twice so far but we love it. I have a question on the expansion characters. Which ones should I get first? At Wal-mart and Toys r Us they do not have the best selection. They only carry wave 5. Are there waves 1-4 ? Where do I get them from? Also the wal-mart and toy r us only carried common character expansions. They did not have any of the hero's. I can't wait to play again and I look forward to picking up some expansion sets soon.
Got it.

Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:57 AM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfish
He never said that they had commons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassdrum
Also the wal-mart and toy r us only carried common character expansions.
Yeah he did.

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Stores always have only one wave out at a time, and wave 5 is the latest, so it's not unusual for your stores to have all wave 5 on the shelf. These are the sets I would recommend you hunt down first:

wave 1: grut orcs
wave 1: the ix roman legion
wave 2: knights and swogs
wave 1: heroes of bleakwood
Road to the Forgotten Forest

second:

wave 2: Heroes of Barrenspur
wave 2: devourers and minutemen
wave 5: gladiators and agents
Raknar's Vision

For me, those are the most essential units. Unless you mail order, though, you won't really have much choice in terms of which waves will be available, so you might just have to buy based on what you have access to. You will also greatly benefit from having 2 or more of each common. Some of them in particular, like the grut orcs, really don't work too well with only one set.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:28 PM

umuhiforgot has disabled reputation
My brother and I start a fews months ago. Try and get at least one of every character first. Test them out in play and see if you want more. Some common squads suck and are a waste of money.

GAME ON!!! I am open for in-play tips!!
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:18 PM

bassdrum has disabled reputation
Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot for all of your help guys!
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:06 PM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by umuhiforgot
My brother and I start a fews months ago. Try and get at least one of every character first. Test them out in play and see if you want more. Some common squads suck and are a waste of money.
Most common squads require more than one set to realize their potential. Some squads that royally stink with only one set can dominate a game if you have several.

I would recommend getting the stats for some of the units you don't have and using proxies to simulate have multiple sets prior to buying them.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:47 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Though perhaps unrealistic for you at the moment - GET 'EM ALL!!! The game is well balanced and any figure used in the right situation works, some better than others sure (built in handicap, I say), but variety is the spice of this game for me.

I think as the game continues to gain popularity the availability of previous waves will increase as well. The local wal-mart here has wave 4 and 5 now, but recently was well stocked with wave 1.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion