Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 1st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by capfan
I like them. You have got to have a Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man. What are these object rules you mention on the cards? Thanks for the posts, very creative.
Yes I do have the big 3! Too bad they are the ones I am having trouble loading

The object rules actually has not been totally sharpened yet. It would mean creating different objects to be placed on the board kind of like Heroclix.

My original Super Strength power was like this:

Super Strength X (X being a number representing the SS level)
When <unit> is attacking or defending against an opposing adjacent figure, add X minus the opposing figure's Super Strength level.

This was my way of having Thor punching the Hulk be totally different from Spiderman punching the Hulk. Of course the attack and defense values with this power was lower.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 02:50 PM

capfan has disabled reputation
Sounds pretty cool. This is getting me even more excited about the official release. Did you use heroclix figures? When you play tested the supers, did it appear to be fun and balanced or were their dominant figures?
Old August 2nd, 2006, 03:15 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
When you play tested the supers, did it appear to be fun and balanced or were their dominant figures?
Well, to be blunt, anyone can see there are balance issues with these. Just look at some of the units (the afore-mentioned Prof X and Captain Britain, etc).

I really don't think that allskulls is all about supreme balance with these efforts.

If I'm getting the vibe here right, he's more interested in creating FUN units that attempt to capture something about the character's abilities, even if it risks creating non-standard, un-heard-of abilities that may threaten the all-important balance of the game.

The problem is - do you (the viewer of these) want FUN and thematic, or do you want balanced and compatible-with-standard-HS.

That is the most important thing that superhero customs must decide.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 03:18 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Sounds pretty cool. This is getting me even more excited about the official release. Did you use heroclix figures? When you play tested the supers, did it appear to be fun and balanced or were their dominant figures?
Yes, I used Heroclix and they were dominate in mixed games so we started playing supers only battles. I have about 50 done. We haven't played since the Super Strength revamp though.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 03:56 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Reckon that the prices of HeroClix supers will rocket on Ebay anytime now...
Old August 2nd, 2006, 04:39 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by robaula
Reckon that the prices of HeroClix supers will rocket on Ebay anytime now...
Hmmm...I have a bunch of extra Heroclix (don't need 3 of each anymore). Maybe I should put them on the trading block here. I could sure use some extra Scape stuff.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 04:46 PM

Probably good to get rid before Marvelscape comes out - reckon some of the HeroClix figures will drop in price then when the "official" 'scape ones are out.
Old August 28th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Does anyone out there have a custom card for the DC Character Jonah Hex?

I know he is a bounty hunter and superb marksman. I read up a little on the character since I received a nice figure of him. I am not familiar with the source material, so I thought maybe someone who is a fan may have a good take on him.

I did not see him in the gallery.

Old August 28th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Grindmaster

Annerios- Don't know the guy but I will look him up in my DC encyclopedia when I get home.
Old August 28th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Annerios- Don't know the guy but I will look him up in my DC encyclopedia when I get home.
Cool. He is definitely different from the standard superhero stuff, although he is a character from the DC continuity.
Old August 30th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Grindmaster

Jonah Woodson Hex

Base: Late 19th Century American southwest; Seattle, circa 2050
Special Abilities: Hex was a superb marksman, who hardly ever missed his target.

Some background:
Hex was abandoned by his mother as a child and his father sold him to an Apache tribe for a pile of animal pelts.

He stayed with the tribe until he was betrayed by the chief's son over the love of a woman. He then joined the US Cavalry.

When he heard that the chief's son married his first love, he returned and killed him in personal combat. The tribe threwHex out of the tribe a scarred his face with the "Mark of the Demon."

Hex became the greatest bounty hunter of his time, taking down any criminal or cowboy for the right price, until a scientist teleported him to Seattle 2050 where he stayed for awhile.

He returned to the old west and was shot by a bank robber. His body was stuffed and placed on display at an amusement park on the outskirts of New York City.
Old August 30th, 2006, 02:57 AM

Jonah Hex? Now thats an appropriate name for a Heroscape character....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations