Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

View Poll Results: To ghost it, or not to ghost it. That is the question.
Ghosts are real 13 32.50%
Ghaosts are not real 21 52.50%
The persuit of ghosts is a futile pastime 14 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 5th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The retry of GHOSTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9I-O...layer_embedded

Another great example of how perception is NOT reality.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 5th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

ugh, watching those kind of videos makes my head hurt.
Old November 5th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
ugh, watching those kind of videos makes my head hurt.
Yes, but it's a great example (but doesn't disprove ghosts, UFO's etc) that what we think we see and what is actually there are two separate things. Witnesses have been proven in study after study to be extremely unreliable simply because we are not video camera's. Our brains interpret what we see - we do not directly visually experience reality - our brains alter our perceptions and shows us something else.

The inability for anyone to reproduce psychic powers in a controlled situation leads me to discount almost all stories of them. The fact that ghosts refuse to appear to real researchers again discounts the majority of stories, most told second or third hand.

Same with UFO's.

Are there things we can't explain? Yes. Does that mean that's proof of the supernatural? Not even close.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 5th, 2010, 01:46 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Same with UFO's.
If you don't believe in UFO's, how do you explain Alien Autopsy?
Old November 5th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Same with UFO's.
If you don't believe in UFO's, how do you explain Alien Autopsy?
Well of course, it makes total sense for an alien life for to have Latex based DNA :P

Actually I fully 100% believe in UFO's. That is, Unidentified Flying Objects. I used to stargaze alot when i was younger and say things that I couldn't explain a few times.

The important thing to realize (and I didn't when I was a kid) is just because I cannot identify it, that does not mean that it is aliens joyriding around Earth just so they can treat abductee's like Ned Beatty.

Could some UFO sightings actually be alien spacecraft? Of course and I personally wouldn't be surprised because I refuse to believe that we are the only intelligent life in the universe. It's simply too big for just us. No real logic their, just pure belief. But I don't think they'd travel across the galaxy just to go people-tipping like drunk frat-boys.

Old November 5th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

The retry of Ghost? Why would anyone want to remake the classic 1990 movie Ghost, staring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore? That's just cooky!

Quote:
Could some UFO sightings actually be alien spacecraft? Of course and I personally wouldn't be surprised because I refuse to believe that we are the only intelligent life in the universe. It's simply too big for just us. No real logic their, just pure belief. But I don't think they'd travel across the galaxy just to go people-tipping like drunk frat-boys.
As far as UFO's are concerned, I believe we were visited by an alien civilization searching the galaxy for intelligent life. But, when they couldn't find any, they went home.

Bannister

http://www.seti.org/

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 5th, 2010, 02:36 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
The retry of Ghost? Why would anyone want to remake the classic 1990 movie Ghost, staring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore? That's just cooky!

Quote:
As far as UFO's are concerned, I believe we were visited by an alien civilization searching the galaxy for intelligent life. But, when they couldn't find any, they went home.

Bannister

http://www.seti.org/

Or.........they simply ran out of anal probe tools and had to leave.
Old November 5th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

But they left behind the chupacabras.

Old November 5th, 2010, 04:44 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Sure intelligent life is likely to exist somewhere in the universe, but ask yourselves these questions...Why does it have to be super advanced with intergalactic space technology why do they even have to be civilized. Couldn't it be a planet of animals or something, assuming they are civilized and are capable of intergalactic travel, exactly how big is the universe? It's immeasurably big, so the odds of any extraterrestials finding Earth is just like trying to find a microscopic needle in a mountain sized haystack. The same applies to us as well. It's these questions that make me not believe alien abduction stories, or conspiracy theories that aliens built the pyramids or stonehenge.
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Dr Feelgood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K7q2...eature=related

simple proof that nothing fancy needed for Stonehenge.

Old November 5th, 2010, 09:05 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
And if we get too mixed up in demonic practices such as witchcraft, we go to hell, and the demons win.
Sorry to disagree, but that is completely, totally, absolutely NOT right. No offense meant or anything like that. The only reason I have delayed in making a post for something like that is the fact that it could probably earn a lot of neg rep. Okay with you guys if I go ahead?
As to the UFOs, I have SO much to say about them. For the full story, go my website below, and look under the main topic of mysteries. For now, I'll just say that UFOs are by no means conclusive evidence of aliens, that they are in fact extremely high-tec bombers, and that they are very deadly. I know... I'm crazy, right? Look at the site. Please.
Old November 5th, 2010, 09:18 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
And if we get too mixed up in demonic practices such as witchcraft, we go to hell, and the demons win.
Sorry to disagree, but that is completely, totally, absolutely NOT right. No offense meant or anything like that. The only reason I have delayed in making a post for something like that is the fact that it could probably earn a lot of neg rep.
Scared of neg rep? Oh no, the end of the world.

Why isn't it right? It could be true, it might not be... A lot of "supernatural" stuff happens in this world that can be explained away. And there's plenty of stuff that can't be explained. Why would demons be such an outrageous explanation, considering we're talking about magic and ghosts?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General