Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 16th, 2006, 10:52 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
ZBeeblebrox Customs - New Dwarf Bounty Hunter **9/25**

Decided to bring my dusty old Custom thread back to life

My first custom, not a very good-looking card...but the abilities are very pleasing.
This is Ember the Orc wild Mage.
Figure used; Ember from MageKnight Pyramids.

Second Custom: Mick Calhoun, Dwarf Bounty Hunter.
Figure Used MageKnight Forge Apprentist
Old October 19th, 2006, 02:37 PM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Please, I could use some advise on this first custom attempt. Thanks
Old October 19th, 2006, 02:49 PM

Point Blanks has disabled reputation
I love the gift of magic structure. You can check out my custom page for mine.

The way I approach a GoM character is to have a secondary ability that coincides with a special attack. You have a lot of (interesting) abilities that go all over the place. Since he's an Orc you can base the figure around that. Maybe he only gains his GoM if an Orc is adjacent to him? And perhaps you could give him a special attack that gets it's attack boosted by the number of orcs adjacent to him?

I have a few questions about the way he is right now. Does his Iron Skin and Quikening Wind stacK? (i.e. can you use it multiple times to further increase it's power?) And removing four magic counters for a measly three attack four range isn't all that good, even if it has an explosive ability. Give him some Orc based powers, and increase his stats a little bit, and you'll be good.
Old October 19th, 2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I have a few questions about the way he is right now. Does his Iron Skin and Quikening Wind stacK? (i.e. can you use it multiple times to further increase it's power?) And removing four magic counters for a measly three attack four range isn't all that good, even if it has an explosive ability. Give him some Orc based powers, and increase his stats a little bit, and you'll be good.
Thanks for the comments Point Blanks.
No these do not stack, because Iron Skin works on Ember, While Quickiening Wind works on other friendly figures as a support power.

What Orc Poerws do you mean? Most Orcs I see in HS either have bonding and/or disengage. I gave ember disengage because he was an Orc. I would appriciate what you mean by "Orc powers".
Old October 19th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
It's very well done, I'm just worried about how long Ember will last for the cost of 125 points.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old October 19th, 2006, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
It's very well done, I'm just worried about how long Ember will last for the cost of 125 points.
What would you cost him at?
Old October 19th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
What would you cost him at?

No no, his cost is great in my eyes. I'm just a bit worried about his defense and life. I realize that with his abilities he could hold his own, Iron skin can keep him from being torn apart but the choice of what to use your markers on could change the game majorly if you chose wrong,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old October 20th, 2006, 09:17 AM

OK, I incrreased Ember's Life and defense by one...I think this will make him a bit more durable.

http://pics-by-shawn.fotopic.net/p35294670.html
Old October 20th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Can someone help me? I do not understand how to get a image of the card to show up on the forum. I can only get a link to my picture website.
If anyone can give me some insight, I would appriciate it. Thanks.
Old October 20th, 2006, 09:29 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Quote:
Can someone help me? I do not understand how to get a image of the card to show up on the forum. I can only get a link to my picture website.
Usually on the site with your image right click on the image and hit properties. It should have an address for the picture. Copy it and paste it. Next add [img] to the front of the link and [/img] to the back of the link:

You can hit the quote button to see the text of this message, including the text for the picture above. Fotopic may not work the same way as I was unable to post a picture of your card on here.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old October 20th, 2006, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
Quote:
Usually on the site with your image right click on the image and hit properties. It should have an address for the picture. Copy it and paste it. Next add [img] to the front of the link and [/img] to the back of the link:

You can hit the quote button to see the text of this message, including the text for the picture above. Fotopic may not work the same way as I was unable to post a picture of your card on here.
Thanks Rhydderch, It did not work for me either. Can you recommend a pic server that will work...I just picked the first one on Google list that was free.
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Here is your card...

EDIT - well that didn't work......

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards