Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old May 29th, 2006, 12:49 PM

bobofett has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofett
Now that i think about it mcreech could kill charos if he went first every round and started off 7 spaces away from charos.

5 move can't catch 7 range so on a huge flat board mcreech could hit and run and there would be no way for charos to catch him(in real time charos would be about 6 feet away from mcreech while they are running) it would take a long time for mcreech to actually kill charos though.
if mcreech started off 7 hexes away and went first every round and it was a huge flat board charos could never touch him. but i think the calculator only computes close combat.

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community
Old May 29th, 2006, 01:38 PM

Question: does your calculator know that counterstrike only works against normal attacks.

Old May 29th, 2006, 01:58 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Quote:
Now that i think about it mcreech could kill charos if he went first every round and started off 7 spaces away from charos.

5 move can't catch 7 range so on a huge flat board mcreech could hit and run and there would be no way for charos to catch him(in real time charos would be about 6 feet away from mcreech while they are running) it would take a long time for mcreech to actually kill charos though.
if mcreech started off 7 hexes away and went first every round and it was a huge flat board charos could never touch him. but i think the calculator only computes close combat.
That is true, but of course the catch there is "went first every round". It might be interesting to analyze this hide-and-seek scenario. Charos has to wait until he loses the initiative one round followed by winning the initiative the next round to catch McCreech.
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:01 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Question: does your calculator know that counterstrike only works against normal attacks.
No. Again, it is up to the user to check the checkboxes appropriately. That is, it is up to you to uncheck counterstrike in these cases. On my to-do-list is an implementation of warning messages. Right now, I have warning messages pop up in certain cases, like if Chomp is selected against a figure that is not small or medium. I have yet to find time to implement the rest of the warning messages.
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:18 PM

Ok umm... 1 more question where is valguards first strike ability or are you still working on this site.

Old May 29th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy
Quote:
No. Again, it is up to the user to check the checkboxes appropriately. That is, it is up to you to uncheck counterstrike in these cases.
Thanks for this clarification (I missed the disclaimer). I was having trouble reasoning through the Izumi taking out Q-9 (3/3/3).
Old May 29th, 2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy
Quote:
No. Again, it is up to the user to check the checkboxes appropriately. That is, it is up to you to uncheck counterstrike in these cases.
Thanks for this clarification (I missed the disclaimer). I was having trouble reasoning through the Izumi taking out Q-9 (3/3/3).
same scenario but i had him against charos. and after i uncheked it charos still won.

Old May 29th, 2006, 05:17 PM
math olympian

Quote:
Ok umm... 1 more question where is valguards first strike ability or are you still working on this site.
I was trying to think through the best way to implement this. (And then I forgot about it.) In many cases, valguard would get his first strike bonus only in the first turn and only if he wins initiative. I am thinking that this would be the implementation. Kind of lame, but I think that's what I likely have to go with. I'll include that when I get some free time. Thanks for reminding me.

I was trying to think whether it would ever be a better strategy if he tried to disengage from attackers to attack other enemies. This would only come up if he is fighting more than 1 squad.
Old October 28th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Bumping this because I keep getting annoyed looking for it.
Old November 4th, 2006, 12:03 AM
math olympian

Yes, I have been working on updating the matchup calculator, a little bit at a time. I am about 1/2 way through the Wave 5 abilities. Some of the Wave 5 abilities (eg. Maul, Blind Rage, One Shield Defense) will require me to rewrite some of the matchup calculator "engine". And now, the flagbearer abilities will further make me rewrite some of the engine because of the possible change in attack and defense probabilities thanks to the Valkyrie dice. We'll see how much free time I have in the next few weeks.
Old December 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Braxas vs. Krug:
Braxas wins 85.517%

6 x 9 = 42

Old December 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
"Braxas vs. Krug:
Braxas wins 85.517%"

There is no way that can be accurate. Krug should win atleast 85% or so

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software