Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 18th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
I'll not participate in a system I don't agree with. That would be plain stupid. Especially if I had to do a dozen of tests of an unit where you can see that it has big problems at first sight.

One my concern with SoV system is basically that the time spend to decide to review the unit or not is too short and the time of the review is too long (because you've too much stuff to review).
You are participating and not agreeing right now.
Lol no I have no power here. I just give my opinion as a SoV customer.
Some people like Scytale listen to it.

Old June 18th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
Peace...

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 19th, 2014, 05:36 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

For your consideration, I would like to submit Lord Revadac:

Lord Revadac
General: Valkrill
Species: Undead
Unique Hero
Class: Lord
Personality: Tormented
Medium 5
Life: 6
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 3

Base: Single
Planet: Feylund

Miasma of Pestilence 11
When Lord Revadac receives one or more wounds from an adjacent figure's normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound. Miasma of Pestilence does not affect Undead, Constructs, or Soulborgs.

Fit of Madness
Before taking a turn with Lord Revadac, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-2, Lord Revadac must either attack a friendly Squad figure this turn, or take one wound at the end of this turn.

Undead Attack Aura
All friendly Undead figures adjacent to Lord Revadac roll an additional attack die when making a normal attack.

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure: Angelfire #38 Direguard. Prices range from $1 to $5, with most under $2. There are 78 listed on abprices and Paizo, and about a dozen on eBay right now.

Synergies Offered:

Undead Attack Aura: All Undead figures.
Skeletons of Annellintia: Necromancy

Synergies Received:
Skull Demon: Valkrill Attack Aura
Zombie Hulk: Paralyzing Fear
Judge Death: Death Sentence Special Attack

Synergies Imposed:
Ana Karithon: Turn Undead Special Attack
Van Nessing: Divine Mission
Blade: Silver Weapons / Day Walker
Buffy Summers: Slayer Training
Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Hawkdudes: Nth Metal Mace

His obvious use is as an alternate / backup Lord for the Skeletons of Annellintia, but his Undead attack boost can be helpful to the Death Knights and Shades (who can use the extra die). While he doesn't have the strongest defense, he's got high life, and the fear of Miasma of Pestilence can keep melee attackers at bay.

Many thanks to everyone on the 3FG and Pre-SOV Workshop for their help with Lord R, and especially to Ixe and obfuscatedhippo for helping with the playtesting. And thanks for considering him!
Old June 19th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

A "miasma" is a cloud. It is not something that would trigger on being attacked, it is something that would be triggered by proximity. Also, "miasma of pestilence" is awkward for the same reason that "rage of destruction" was awkward.

If that's the power you want, I would resolve it by dropping the word "miasma," which is a poisonous cloud.

Of course, you may do as you please, and I will be glad to oppose this unit privately because of its abuse of the English language, if the SoV judges do not care about this issue as much as I do.

I do not understand why people do not bring their cards to my "Help With Wurdz" thread. It is only there to help.

Some people may not care about these distinctions. The original designers, however, were not careless with their vocabulary. They may have been careless about other things, but the words they used on the cards were used correctly. I do not - for myself, not an SoV judge - expect us to lower our standards in that regard.

edit: Otherwise, he looks pretty cool.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 19th, 2014, 07:31 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I could see 'Miasma' if it was all figures adjacent to him take a wound when he is wounded or something. Like breaking through his 'skin' causes a cloud of disease to spray out Aliens style or something. But it doesn't fit the power as it is now IMO.

Fit of Madness is intended to let you pick between the two options correct?

Overall, I'm not sure what I think of the design. Just seems like someone I'd never put OMs on, but I'm not sure that's necessarily a deal breaker here.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 19th, 2014, 07:34 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the input, Dad_Scaper. This power name went through much discussion on the Pre-SoV thread, a ways back. The idea being that striking Lord Revadac would release a Cloud Of Bad Stuff, much like striking your sofa cushions, but more deadly. I'm willing to entertain other options, if you still feel this is redundant, or an affront to the English language, or both. I know this isn't a workshop thread, so perhaps if you have suggestions we could move this conversation to my customs thread? Unless I have convinced you with my excellent sofa cushion analogy. Thanks again for your help.
Old June 19th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Thanks for the input, Dad_Scaper. This power name went through much discussion on the Pre-SoV thread, a ways back. The idea being that striking Lord Revadac would release a Cloud Of Bad Stuff, much like striking your sofa cushions, but more deadly. I'm willing to entertain other options, if you still feel this is redundant, or an affront to the English language, or both. I know this isn't a workshop thread, so perhaps if you have suggestions we could move this conversation to my customs thread? Unless I have convinced you with my excellent sofa cushion analogy. Thanks again for your help.
Sorry, missed that, moved to your customs thread.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; June 19th, 2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old June 19th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

OK, I'll take a look at it later, in my thread.

= =
Old June 19th, 2014, 08:47 PM

Thanks everyone. Since there's concern about the power name I'll withdraw until that gets fixed.

(Oh and yes, Fit Of Madness is supposed to be a choice -- he goes nuts and can either work out his issues by smiting one of his unfortunate underlings or take a wound from pent-up rage. We've all had bosses like that, right?)
Old June 19th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Done.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...23#post1947023

= =
Old June 21st, 2014, 03:20 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ah, I'm glad to see that Cormin has received a yes vote. I was worried about how my testing would compare to the testing of the SoV. Scytale, could you possibly post how you tested him or PM me armies?

While I'm here, I'd like point out something I've noticed in the second post. It reads
Quote:
Units that have been induced in the Soldiers of Valhalla
There seems to be something wrong with that wording (to me at least).

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old June 21st, 2014, 05:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Ah, I'm glad to see that Cormin has received a yes vote. I was worried about how my testing would compare to the testing of the SoV. Scytale, could you possibly post how you tested him or PM me armies?

While I'm here, I'd like point out something I've noticed in the second post. It reads
Quote:
Units that have been induced in the Soldiers of Valhalla
There seems to be something wrong with that wording (to me at least).
Instead of induced, it should say inducted. Typo. Good catch.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs