Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Gents, Sertorius and I would like to nominate another of our units.

Khophawet, younger brother of Khosumet and battle leader of the Anubians. He doesn't replace his older sibling; he supplements him. His Relentless Assault Aura inspires his wolves, while his Deferred Fury evens out their luck a bit: if they roll poorly for their Unleashed Fury, then Khophawet howls in to pick up their slack.

KHOPHAWET

KHOPHAWET with ANUBIANS
Spoiler Alert!

KHOPHAWET with OTHER UNITS
Spoiler Alert!

SCULPT / AVAILABILITY
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Typhon2222; March 12th, 2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: added notes on Vipers and Varks.
Old March 12th, 2012, 08:35 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

KHOPHAWET

Wow! What a fantastic sculpt!

Relentless Assault sounds like it could be pretty darn powerful, but I'm willing to give it a try.

to Review.

I've hatched an evil plan to finally get some play-testing moving on my part. Going to get a couple maps set-up on our 3-season room now that the weather is turning a bit (not that it got all that cold this year), instead of our cold and dank basement. "Hey look, there's Scape set-up on the porch, and it's 20 minutes til dinner time. Hmmmm... what shall we do to pass the time?"

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; March 12th, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old March 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
KHOPHAWET

Wow! What a fantastic sculpt!

Yes to review

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It's close enough that I have to wonder whether the same artist was involved.

Last edited by dok; March 12th, 2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: The one time I played Mohicans, I got confused by Brave Arrow too :(
Old March 12th, 2012, 12:56 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I too am worried about the Relentless Assault Aura...but you have an excelent write up and I am looking forward to playing him.

Yes to review KHOPHAWET
Old March 12th, 2012, 12:57 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Wondering if there is a plan to the Tyrian card in pdf? I tried resizing it with no luck yet, so I will continue those efforts if it isn't going to be put into a more printer friendly pdf. If not, any suggestions on how to resize it effectively.
Old March 12th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Khophawet by typhon and sertorious:

"Deferred fury" is a dumb name for that power. Otherwise I agree with my fellow judges about the potential here.

to review.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Gents, thanks for your willingness to give Khophawet a try. (Except for YOU, D_S. )

That said.... We've just been alerted that an upcoming C3V unit may be both Relentless and ranged. That could be a problem.

As it is now, Khophy's Relentless Assault Aura is kept in control by the fact that every unit able to benefit from it is purely melee. (That and the fact that, unlike Taelord, he can't fly.) But combine it with a ranged Relentless unit, and.... I imagine things could get very nasty very quick. Last thing we want is a ranged Khophawet pod.

(I know Khosumet also benefits Relentless units.... but he's squishier; and requires adjacency for the bonus.)

So if you gents think it advisable, Sertorius and I will temporarily remove Khophawet from consideration while we figure out how to reword him to avoid unanticipated synergy with future units.

While we're at it, no reason we couldn't change ability names too. Anybody have a better name for "Deferred Fury"? We thought it captured the ability well, but clearly it's not <ahem> sexy enough for some. Maybe "Defurred Fury"? No seriously, any suggestions?

Last edited by Typhon2222; March 12th, 2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:59 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

@ Dad Scaper, qt.bangerang --

Any chance you two could vote on Priscus this month? One is all he needs to join the ranks, and it would be nice to have a finalized card to go with C3V Wave 15...

Old March 12th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks, UtahScott. The continued interest of guys like yourself is good to hear.

I've tested him some and my feelings so far are very positive, but I'd like to play him a bit more before I vote.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; March 12th, 2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: "Deferred fury" makes perfect sense mechanically, but thematically and semantically it's dumb. Sounds like an oxymoron.
Old March 12th, 2012, 11:02 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
@ Dad Scaper, qt.bangerang --

Any chance you two could vote on Priscus this month? One is all he needs to join the ranks, and it would be nice to have a finalized card to go with C3V Wave 15...

Yeah I have been watching him too. Already got my figure and everything. Just waiting for the okay to let him out of the barracks.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old March 12th, 2012, 11:37 PM

Khophawet again, with his Relentless Assault Aura reworded to forestall any problems with future ranged Relentless units.

(Also changed name of his Deferred Fury to something a tad shmexier.)

For completeness I cut-and-paste the following from the original submission.

Khophawet, younger brother of Khosumet and battle leader of the Anubians. He doesn't replace his older sibling; he supplements him. His Relentless Assault Aura inspires his wolves, while his Fury of Anubis evens out their luck a bit: if they roll poorly for their Unleashed Fury, then Khophawet howls in to pick up their slack.

KHOPHAWET

KHOPHAWET with ANUBIANS
Spoiler Alert!

KHOPHAWET with OTHER UNITS
Spoiler Alert!

SCULPT / AVAILABILITY
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Typhon2222; March 15th, 2012 at 02:38 AM. Reason: ahem, changed old refererences to "Deferred Fury" to "Fury of Anubis".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs