Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old February 11th, 2012, 01:08 AM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart
Re: Website Issues

Argh...computer causing issues again. Won't let me edit the post. Anyway, I was going to say that I did not receive any dialogue box before the virus infiltrated itself onto my computer. It was a genuine Trojan virus (Trojan.win32 to be exact).
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:12 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Please let us know exactly what search terms and search engine are being used if you encounter this. Also, right click the link, copy the url, and send it to me. It sounds like the link is not coming to here, but is instead a clever little hijacker that already has your computer infected. This happened with a co-worker of mine once.

I'll also point out that instead of searching for the site, just enter heroscapers.com into your browser address bar. That is far safer than searching and risking a click on a malicious link.

Besides, people who type urls into the google search bar just chap my hide. It's like calling information and asking them to give you the number for 206-555-9876
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:54 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When typing a reply to a PM, the text box (usually white) is green. After typing new stuff in it and either sending it or previewing it, the text does not stay in the new message. And ideas?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
When typing a reply to a PM, the text box (usually white) is green. After typing new stuff in it and either sending it or previewing it, the text does not stay in the new message. And ideas?
If you are using Internet Explorer, you can either get a different browser, as several on this site will suggest (HA! stole their thunder), or you can try clicking the Compatibility View button next to the address bar. It looks like a torn piece of paper. It helps IE diisplay older web pages properly. Why it's not on by default, I have no idea.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
If you are using Internet Explorer, you can either get a different browser, as several on this site will suggest (HA! stole their thunder), or you can try clicking the Compatibility View button next to the address bar. It looks like a torn piece of paper. It helps IE diisplay older web pages properly. Why it's not on by default, I have no idea.
Thanks! That fixed the problem.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:25 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But you really should get a more modern browser...

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old February 23rd, 2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Please let us know exactly what search terms and search engine are being used if you encounter this. Also, right click the link, copy the url, and send it to me. It sounds like the link is not coming to here, but is instead a clever little hijacker that already has your computer infected. This happened with a co-worker of mine once.

I'll also point out that instead of searching for the site, just enter heroscapers.com into your browser address bar. That is far safer than searching and risking a click on a malicious link.

Besides, people who type urls into the google search bar just chap my hide. It's like calling information and asking them to give you the number for 206-555-9876
Old February 23rd, 2012, 07:42 AM

Please ignore the previous post(s), as it wouldn't let me edit it or reply to any post.

On another note, it happened again. I typed heroscapers.com into the browser address bar and was redirected to this link:

http://www.bing.com.url.195109564.of.../index.php&ei=

It was an HEUR.Trojan.Win32 virus.

Browser: Windows Internet Explorer 8
Computer and Platform: HP, Windows 7
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You forgot to list all the malware you have redirecting your browser...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But you really should get a more modern browser...
If you choose to stick with IE, however, in your menu bar, go to "Tools/Compatibility View Settings" and either add heroscapers.com to the list or check the box for "Display all websites in Compatibiliy View".

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 23rd, 2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You forgot to list all the malware you have redirecting your browser...
I only had the info that I gave.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:00 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtrumpet25 View Post
Please ignore the previous post(s), as it wouldn't let me edit it or reply to any post.

On another note, it happened again. I typed heroscapers.com into the browser address bar and was redirected to this link:

http://www.bing.com.url.195109564.of.../index.php&ei=

It was an HEUR.Trojan.Win32 virus.

Browser: Windows Internet Explorer 8
Computer and Platform: HP, Windows 7
Wait, did you type heroscapers.com or www.heroscapers.com? There is a difference, you know.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online