Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old June 30th, 2019, 01:49 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Glyph of Knowledge) - Pod 0 - Design

Fair enough. It does seem weird not to have both a name and a summary, but we can't do anything about what's actually printed on the glyph. I'm happy to just keep the name Knowledge.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 4th, 2019, 01:22 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey, @flameslayer93 , I believe that this passed through Editing and is now in Testing. The name of the glyph looks like it'll just be Glyph of Knowledge. Do you mind updating the title of this thread to reflect these updates?
Old August 4th, 2019, 01:48 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Hey, @flameslayer93 , I believe that this passed through Editing and is now in Testing. The name of the glyph looks like it'll just be Glyph of Knowledge. Do you mind updating the title of this thread to reflect these updates?
On it!

Some real life things have gotten in the way recently (double shifts, getting sick, among other things), so please forgive my relative absence lately.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 4th, 2019, 01:54 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Knowledge - Pod 0 - Testing

I just noticed that there's two Pod 0s in the title. If only there could be two of each of us as well.

And no worries! I understand life getting in the way. I've just been going through everything recently to compile a status report for how things are currently shaping up.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 01:43 PM

Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Knowledge - Testing

I ran a test with both of the AotV glyphs last week. Knowledge had a nonexistent very poor showing, but I'm posting the report here anyway because seeing that the Glyph of Knowledge is useless sometimes is still an important data point.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IF YOU CAN’T TAKE THE HEAT… by Dignan
Glyphs: Recall (AotV), Knowledge (AotV)
Astro: Kato Katsuro, 2x Ashigaru Harquebus, 3x Ashigaru Yari, Sentinels of Grax (540)
Leo: Jarek Guy, Kira Jax, Rendar Fy, 5x M-43 Resistance Fighters (540)

Surviving:
Kato Katsuro, 6x Ashigaru Yari, 3x Ashigaru Harquebus, 2x Sentinels of Grax
~405 Points Left
(1 Ashigaru Harquebus was revived by Recall)

Game Summary:
  • M-43s gained height initially, but the Ashigaru quickly retaliated and dealt more damage, annihilating over two full squads due to some solid rolls. Leo gave up on Recall because he felt like he’d probably lose two or more figures trying to reach it.
  • Neither of us went for Knowledge because it was on top of lava field on this map. The 50% chance of killing a squad figure to get the chance to activate it at the start of the next round wasn’t worthwhile.
  • Recall was used by a Yari to revive a Harquebus. Since I only had two squads of them, it was appreciated despite "only" reviving 15 points, especially since it bought me an extra turn of 4 attacks and two extra turns of 3 attacks with the Harquebus.
  • Leo blanked and took a turn with Kira Jax at the beginning of Round 3. Probably his worst option at the time, unfortunately. An Encircle Special Attack ended Rendar soon afterward. After that, it was mostly just clean-up.

My Thoughts:
On certain maps and locations, this glyph is practically worthless. The only time that I would want to risk lava field damage to use this glyph the next round with my army is if I got Kato over there, which has no chance of happening.

Of course, other glyphs have very specific uses as well, and this can be addressed by carefully selecting maps/glyph pools.
Old September 11th, 2019, 06:44 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Don't know if/when I'd be able to do it, but we definitely want multiplayer tests with this one.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 11th, 2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Don't know if/when I'd be able to do it, but we definitely want multiplayer tests with this one.
For sure. I normally run monthly events on my campus for HeroScape; once I get those back up and running again, I'll try to run some multiplayer game nights to see how people like it outside of a 1v1 setting.
Old November 8th, 2019, 01:12 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

From the glyph of Recall’s thread, a playtest.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...7&postcount=51

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 8th, 2019, 01:21 PM

Quoting it over here just for convenience:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
LoveElemental and I did a game with both glyphs (Recall & Knoweledge) last weekend.

I posted a picture of the map we played on to Discord, and when I get a chance I’ll update this post with a link. Its basically a hilly map with a bunch of trees and a figure 8 road with highways close to an end of each startzone. We used 4 glyphs: Healing, Move + 2, Knowledge, and Recall.

Our game was a reinforcements game (start with 250 on the board, 210 comes in midgame on a scaling d20 roll).

Armies:

Me
Brontos + 10th Reg x1 (starter)
Banshees x3 (reinforcements)

LE
Sentinels x1 + Imperium x1 (starter)
Sentinels x1 + Wyvern (reinforcements)

Summary: I primarily lead with 10th and she split OMs between each kyrie squad. I went for Knoweledge right away. The 10th’s bullets were large ineffective but did kill an Imperium. The Sentinels did a good job of holding the line in time for Brontos to charge. Brontos was a wrecking ball of fury, but the Imperium had other plans. They used the move+2 and recalled an Imperium. The Imperium managed to get all 6 attacks vs Brontos... which flubbed miserably, only dealing 1. So, the Big Cyclops smashed one. They did get revenge and hit him hard. At one point, LE got Knoweledge and wasn’t able to do much other than see my X on the last 10th. I got really lucky and got a heavily wounded Brontos to the healing Glyph (7 wounds, plus a potential wound from an LEA that wasn’t bothered to be rolled for). That kept me in the game, but the Cyclops started getting wailed on the next round. My Banshees finally got in the game, and with the Wyvern dead it was Checkmate.

Results: I won. All 6 Banshees + 1 life Brontos vs 2 Sentinels.

Effects on the game - Knoweledge: It was triggered twice. Once I used it to see LE’s X. I lost initative and 10th Reg figures so I couldn’t capitalize on it. LE’s use did little since my OM’s were obvious at the point.

Effects on the game - Recall: The Imperium grabbed it and use it to help supplement their small numbers. They brought Brontos inches from death and almost won LE the game just from the extra pair of swords.

I don’t think either glyph was overpowering. Recall was good, but LE and I agreed Knoweledge had a poor showing despite how useful the intel can be.
Knowledge underwhelming with these armies here sounds about right to me, honestly. I think that we should be looking to get some team or free for all games in with that one, though these tests do still help for verifying how it'll play in 1v1 games.
Old November 17th, 2019, 12:54 PM

Even with other armies, Knowledge will probably often be underwhelming in 1v1s. And that's OK. That makes the occasional usefulness that much more exciting, but more importantly means we have something special to offer multiplayer games. To that end, we should probably also have at least one multiplayer scenario, too.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 17th, 2019, 03:52 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

[ignore]

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 17th, 2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2019, 02:38 AM

While I was doing one set of 3-player games in a drafting event I hosted yesterday, another group was running a different test on their own map. Similar to the game I played, they had a pool of a couple different 100-point units to choose from when drafting to make the process easier (we weren't very concerned about competitive balance here, as evidenced by the map itself).

Picture of Map:

The Glyph of Knowledge was in the center of those three doorways.
Played at 300 points.

@Leo Ultra : Ana Karithon, Morsbane, Microcorp Agents
@Odzaepher : Iskra Esenwein, Retchets of Bogdan, Shades of Bleakewoode, Haduc
@Stormyman : Omnicron Snipers, Mind Flayer Mastermind, Major X17

GAME SUMMARY:
I don't have much to work off of here, but from what I'm told, Leo managed to get up on top of those doors with his Microcorp and start shooting into some other starting zones. Odzaepher's flying ghouls managed to battle back at him, while Stormyman was caught in the crossfire. Eventually, Morsbane managed to negate the summoned Retchets of Bogdan, but they still won the day.

GLYPH USAGE:
This map was a poor choice for the glyph, given the huge towers surrounding it. Knowledge simply isn't a glyph like Thorian or Astrid where it's worthwhile to lose a lot of figures trying to maintain it. I think that all three of them realized this partway through, because Leo was the only one to ever go after the glyph and he did not try to reclaim it after losing it.

He only managed to use it for one round (forgetting to use it a second time before initiative was rolled), which let him do the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Ultra
Stormyman had 3 OMs on the Mind Flayer and only one on the Omnicron Snipers. I peeked at the single OM on the Omnicrons and saw it was a 3, revealing his entire turn order.
I also checked the only OM on Odzaepher's Iskra and saw that it was a 1, but he went first anyway so that info was useless.
I think that with a better map designed around Knowledge, it could be much more worthwhile in these multiplayer settings.

Also, a fun idea that I'd like to see is maps with multiple Glyphs of Knowledge. It's possible to create an information network revealing entire orders if you can maintain multiple Knowledges.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs