Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old November 8th, 2011, 06:46 PM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
For instance, with Guild Dwarves I always nix the Engineers in favor of something else - they're just a bad unit usually. Same with the Deep Dwarves Miners. I don't think either unit works as well with the "feel" of the decks as their other faction counterparts.
Now I'm not normally one to give a master strategist suggestions but in this instance I have to go to bat for my miners as they've given me some really great games.

From what I've read, I get the impression that most people play the Deep Dwarves somewhat defensively, I'm not sure if that applies to you, KC. If so, let me suggest the next time your Deep Dwarves face a summoner with 5 (maybe even 6) or less lives, try an Aggressive miner strategy to really heat up the action. It gets even spicier with a dash of Kynder.

Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar keep on giving.
I recommend everyone try Darth Vader's Massivescape suggestions.
Old November 8th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkurtb View Post
Quote:
For instance, with Guild Dwarves I always nix the Engineers in favor of something else - they're just a bad unit usually. Same with the Deep Dwarves Miners. I don't think either unit works as well with the "feel" of the decks as their other faction counterparts.
Now I'm not normally one to give a master strategist suggestions but in this instance I have to go to bat for my miners as they've given me some really great games.

From what I've read, I get the impression that most people play the Deep Dwarves somewhat defensively, I'm not sure if that applies to you, KC. If so, let me suggest the next time your Deep Dwarves face a summoner with 5 (maybe even 6) or less lives, try an Aggressive miner strategy to really heat up the action. It gets even spicier with a dash of Kynder.
This is what I like.

I remember I tried at some point to say that Phoenix Elf Guardians are demonstrably bad, and then all of these people piped up in their defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 8th, 2011, 09:45 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkurtb View Post
Quote:

I'm actually a far more aggressive player with the DD than most that I've seen. If I win, it usually involves some combination of Lun or Kynder, Illusionary Warrior, and a Gem Mage or two. Wake the Father Gem makes it a lot better obviously.

However, I just can't see the point of Miners. Placing them adjacent to each other doesn't allow you to gang up on a champion or multiple commons unless they're lined up, too, or you use Lun or Kynder to move them again for more magic, and if I'm gonna spend magic on get a unit in position, I'd much rather it be a Gem Mage or Scholar.

Granted though I haven't really done much with the Miners, so I'm sure there are some strategies out there that are viable. Seems like they could be good at walling off an area that you don't want someone to get through. Still though, I really like the 10/5/3 build right now, with just the starting 3 Miners and 10 Gem Mages.

Of course, I also usually sub out Sprog for either Sairook or Khexhu. I like using Meditate to abuse their powers in the endgame, and I can never get Sprog's ability to work well for me, either.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I can never get Sprog's ability to work well for me, either.
Sprog's ability is one of my favorites!

It's so funny when you stick a Cave Goblin wall back in their own corner!

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 19th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Hey dudes, I'm running a tourney here in Illinois.

Info here.

Quote:
Old December 5th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Demagogue

BGG Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1...h-faction-deck

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games