Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: BoSS Battlefront - Brainstorming Phase

I've never played any other Star Wars games other than PS2 versions of Battlefronts and Battlefronts II...(well the old x-wing and tie fighter games for the PC, which I found disk for recently when cleaning out some old boxes) so all I know is how those work and that is all I am basing it off of. Of course this is a different game so I'm sure there are better ways.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 10:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

What is we tried to mirror the 100 starting count in the video game by having each side start with a 1000 point army. To mirror the fact it is mostly a game between common troops with only a few heroes, limit each army to just 3 unique cards with uncommon cards being considered unique. Then each side starts with up to 400 points of figures in their start zones, with up to 150 points of reinforcement arriving at the end of rounds 2, 4, 6, & 8. The reinforcement can then be placed your start zone or. adj. to any command point you control. If you control more command points than you opponent, you can increase the cap on your reinforcement up to 175 points or decrease your opponents cap down to 125 points. At the end of round 8, and reinforcements not placed on the board are lost.

This way you could bring Boba Fett in as a reinforcement, but to do so you would need to control more command points than your opponent at the end of round 2, 4, 6, or 8. Who you start the game with and which ones show up as reinforcement on which rounds is still up to you, but those decisions can effected by how many command points you control. If you don't manage your reinforcement well, then you could end up having some left over and undeployed at the end of the game.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 11:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'm liking the discussion with the army limits and such. There are a couple of factors I would like to note from previous discussion. I would like to keep the mechanics fairly simple, so you can sit down and play it without pulling out a huge rulebook. Also, I like using the point system, but don't want to limit the players in what they can draft. If I want to use a full on hero army, or if I want to use a full squad army, that doesn't matter. To compare it to the game: If I make more points, I get to play as a hero-Heroscape Version: If I control more areas I get more points, more points=bigger units(heroes). The big thing is, Its star wars, but HOSS is compatible with original scape. That way people can play battlefront type games with any units. Sometimes simple=more fun. I like this discussion, if we keep pulling ideas out of a hat we'll come up with the perfect HOSS Battlefront play type.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 20th, 2015, 10:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

When we come up with a format for this, We should add a new section with all the maps that get a Glyph placement battlefront makeover in the Archives.

Old November 20th, 2015, 12:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, for this format most of the maps will need a new pic showing where additional glyphs are placed.
Old November 20th, 2015, 01:14 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, for this format most of the maps will need a new pic showing where additional glyphs are placed.
That's what I was thinking. I'm now the LD for the Archives thread. I'll make sure all of that gets taken care of.

Old November 20th, 2015, 01:36 PM
C3G Landlord

I was thinking the Bespin Landing Platforms map could have a control glyph on each Landing Pad in addition to the weapon platforms defense glyph (which would be turned off for the Battlefront rules). Give that map win conditions that require you to control all 3 glyphs at the end of a round. Then the after the traditional battle for the center glyph, you have to push forward and out of the hallways where the opponent has high ground. Overrun the landing platform and you win. Reinforcements continue to arrive, but in smaller numbers if you only control one glyph rather then two.
Old November 20th, 2015, 05:27 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
I was thinking the Bespin Landing Platforms map could have a control glyph on each Landing Pad in addition to the weapon platforms defense glyph (which would be turned off for the Battlefront rules). Give that map win conditions that require you to control all 3 glyphs at the end of a round. Then the after the traditional battle for the center glyph, you have to push forward and out of the hallways where the opponent has high ground. Overrun the landing platform and you win. Reinforcements continue to arrive, but in smaller numbers if you only control one glyph rather then two.
yeah, in the center of the 7 hexes that you don't start on. That would be pretty sweet. We'll have to hammer out the best position on how you get reinforcements and when. For the Battlefront version of your landing platforms we'll probably want to replace the BDS glyph with just a control point for reinforcements.

Old November 22nd, 2015, 06:11 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
yeah, in the center of the 7 hexes that you don't start on. That would be pretty sweet. We'll have to hammer out the best position on how you get reinforcements and when. For the Battlefront version of your landing platforms we'll probably want to replace the BDS glyph with just a control point for reinforcements.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 17th, 2016, 04:56 PM
A Man of Taste

Instead of giving the player with the most spawn points more reinforcement and contributing to the runaway factor, what about if we use a 7-hex tile with the center space the spawn/control point and you can only respawn your figures if they can be adjacent to this point. So in other words if you only own 1 control point you get a max of 6 figures to respawn. So if everyone gets the same set of say 300 points to respawn then the player with 3 control points could fill the spaces with 18 cheap common figures and swarm while the player with only 1 is limited to the 6 spaces and therefore will be limited to a Hero and few squad figures or just fewer squad figures if his hero has been taken out. Owning the most control points has the inherent advantage of spreading out across the map so you don't need to offer any more of an advantage to that player. In fact to keep the game fun for both sides it's sometimes a decision to spread yourself thin to keep at least one figure on a control point or try to surround and rush that last control point to end the game and hope the other player doesn't get a figure to break through the lines and take control of on unprotected control point at the end of the round.

Old October 17th, 2016, 05:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Sounds like something worth testing to see how it plays.
Old October 17th, 2016, 06:02 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I like the sound of that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape