Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old June 28th, 2013, 09:21 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Holocron of Moisture Farms

The Holocron of Moisture Farms Map

HoSS Master Set - A New Hope

A HoSS Competitive Map

Original design by Typhon2222

Required sets: 2 BftU

Map Bio - Tatooine. Desert planet of sand and rock, where a few hardy settlers eke out a harsh existence amidst the watelands on their moisture farms. Using moisture vaporators, they collect precious molecules of water from the arid atmosphere and pump them into underground chambers where, protected from the scorching heat of Tatooine's twin suns, crops can be raised. But who will defend them as the arm of the Empire grows longer?....

-Special rules and Clarifications-
OPTIONAL TATOOINE RULE:
At the end of each round, roll the 20-sided die once for each figure you control. If you roll an 18 or higher, that figure receives one unblockable wound. Tusken Raiders, Jawas, Droids and figures on the Moisture Vaporator Glyph are not affected by this optional rule.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
• First playtest: Arch-Vile
• Second playtest: Yodaking
• Third playtest: Heroscaper2010
• Fourth playtest: Arch-Vile
• Fifth playtest: Heroscaper2010
• Map created by: Typhon2222

Last edited by Porkins; February 22nd, 2018 at 12:32 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: The Holocron of Moisture Farms

I really like the optional Tatooine scenario rule! Really adds to the theme. Provides incentive to grab the glyphs too.

Out of curiosity, how did you playtesters find the map?
Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:00 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
I really like the optional Tatooine scenario rule! Really adds to the theme. Provides incentive to grab the glyphs too.

Out of curiosity, how did you playtesters find the map?
I, unfortunately, don't have two BftU sets so I was unable to build this map, but the playtesters that did play it, loved it. Thanks for designing such a beautiful map for us!
Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:24 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I loved the map! Even though the outcome of both:

I played Tuskens x8 (400pts) vs. Obi-Wan + Luke + C-3PO + R2 (280) and the Tuskens crushed both times (winning with at least half of their army left).

I'd like to try some Imperials vs. Obi-Wan + Luke + 3PO + R2 sometimes. It would seem thematic...

"These blast marks are far too accurate for Tusken Raiders."

Maybe this time Luke won't be too late to save his Aunt and Uncle...
Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:57 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I proxied the map using RotV + Marvel & Castle pillars for the rocks, and I found it really fun.
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:04 AM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Oh nice, so glad to hear it played out well for you gents.

I tried to design something that would give characters with Force Leap some fun options. Hope it worked out.

A wee question: is the PDF of the build instructions going to be posted sometime?
Old July 5th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Oh nice, so glad to hear it played out well for you gents.

I tried to design something that would give characters with Force Leap some fun options. Hope it worked out.

A wee question: is the PDF of the build instructions going to be posted sometime?
Yes, once the Rulebook guy makes .pdfs of the pages and uploads them.

(It will probably be Monday. In the meantime, you can find the build instructions in the Rulebook.)
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:53 AM

Ohmigosh, the PDF looks AMAZING.

You guys are....deeply impressive.
Old July 21st, 2013, 12:01 AM

Gents, I know that you tweaked the original version of Moisture Farms for aesthetic reasons, to make more sand and less rock visible. Thumbs up on that. Only problem though is that this tweaked version can't be built with only 2x BftU. That MS doesn't include any 3-hex Sand tiles.

Also seems that this version includes a single extra 1-hex Dungeon tile on the bottom layer.
Old July 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Gents, I know that you tweaked the original version of Moisture Farms for aesthetic reasons, to make more sand and less rock visible. Thumbs up on that. Only problem though is that this tweaked version can't be built with only 2x BftU. That MS doesn't include any 3-hex Sand tiles.

Also seems that this version includes a single extra 1-hex Dungeon tile on the bottom layer.
Actually, it was changed for the Tusken Raiders. But we might have missed something in the rebuild--we'll take a look at it. Thanks.
Old July 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
how did you playtesters find the map?
While I didn't playtest the map per se, I did use it recently for my C3V playtesting (though without scenario rules) and thought it played very well! I like the scenario option, though, and next time I rebuild the map will have to give that a try.
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:05 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:

Actually, it was changed for the Tusken Raiders. But we might have missed something in the rebuild--we'll take a look at it. Thanks.
I forgot to mention: White Knight fixed the problem mentioned above and the map pdf has been updated so that it can be built with 2x BftU. At some point the rulebook version will also be updated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape