Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:46 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Heroscape Quiz

It's been a while since one of these has popped up on the site, so I thought I'd try one. Ideally, you should figure these out without looking them up; that would be too easy. (Hopefully) I know the correct answers to all of these.

1. What is the only unit with an ability that can target itself or other figures?
2. What are the only two units that start with "The"? (I think this one is tough, because I tend to refer to most common squads with a "the" in front. But only two have this actually printed on the card.)
3. What is the only unit whose home planet is Isadora?
4. There are two letters, X and Y, that no unit starts with. However, there are three letters that have only a single unit whose name starts with that letter. What are those three letters and units?
5.a. What is the most units you can move with a single order marker?
5.b. The answer used to be 16! Why?

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!

Last edited by happyjosiah; July 2nd, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:02 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape Quiz

I should specify, with question 5, we are not including Frenzy or Granite Guardians, as that makes the answer to both theoretically infinite.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!

Last edited by happyjosiah; July 2nd, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
It's been a while since one of these has popped up on the site, so I thought I'd try one. Ideally, you should figure these out without looking them up; that would be too easy. (Hopefully) I know the correct answers to all of these.

1. What is the only unit with an ability that can target itself or other figures?
2. What is the only unit that starts with "The"? (I think this one is tough, because I tend to refer to most common squads with a "the" in front. But only one has this actually printed on the card.)
3. What is the only unit whose home planet is Isadora?
4. There are two letters, X and Y, that no unit starts with. However, there are three letters that have only a single unit whose name starts with that letter. What are those three letters and units?
5.a. What is the most units you can move with a single order marker?
5.b. The answer used to be TWICE as many as the correct answer in a. Why?
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; July 2nd, 2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Put it in a spoiler...
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

I'll give it a go (without any resources of course).
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by The CEE; July 2nd, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

5a. 8 Glads/Blasts or Ashigaru
5b. 16, herd your deathreavers forward with blasts
Second Highest Poster

AwesomeUnleashed,

1. Yes
2. Haha, okay there are two. Edited above.
3. Yes
4. Yep, in the spoiler
5. a. Yes and there are two ways to do it. What are they?
b. Nothing to do with Ulginesh

Last edited by happyjosiah; July 2nd, 2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: THERE'S A WAY TO GET 9!
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
Second Highest Poster

The CEE, nicely done. On #2, you are right, there are two. However, you technically have one of the names wrong! Can you find it?

Vegietarian, I am impressed, especially considering that your registration date is AFTER the rule change was made, if memory serves.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
The CEE, nicely done. On #2, you are right, there are two. However, you technically have one of the names wrong! Can you find it?
You're right. There is no second "the" before burning forge. Huh, I've never noticed that. I'll edit my previous post.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Second Highest Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Quote:
You're right. There is no second "the" before burning forge. Huh, I've never noticed that. I'll edit my previous post.
I did the same thing. I always called them that and then I noticed the "the" was in the wrong place. It was sort of the inspiration for this question.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

5a. should be Marro Drones, not the Ashigaru (unless I'm mistaken). Moving 9 Drones is more than moving 8 Ashies.

EDIT: Or the Granite Guardians, depending on how many you have.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Second Highest Poster

Good call, nicely done.

The glad/blast and Kato/ashigaru are the two ways to move 8. Neither of them relies on any d20 luck, and neither is infinite. Frenzy relies on d20 luck and is infinite, Marro Drones relies on d20 luck, and Granite Guardians is infinite but no d20 luck.

Thanks for the correction!

Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:08 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Good call, nicely done.

The glad/blast and Kato/ashigaru are the two ways to move 8. Neither of them relies on any d20 luck, and neither is infinite. Frenzy relies on d20 luck and is infinite, Marro Drones relies on d20 luck, and Granite Guardians is infinite but no d20 luck.

Thanks for the correction!
Another one I thought of is Q9 attacking rats (and not killing them) nine times with one attack die per attack. That's 10 figures that turn that move.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion