Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:47 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos
i was playing a friend and he had that deathwalker figure thing,i attacked it with syvvaris,he has 3 atack dice and the walker has 9 defense dice,everytime we played i killed it within 2 or 3 hits :P but then those guards that kinda look like deathwalker(i forgot the names) had 7 deffense dice and i just coudnt kill em
Yes, the DW's are notorious for whiffing defence, while less hearty figures survive. The ones you speak of are the Zettian Guards, btw.

Also, welcome theshadowfax!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM

theshadowfax has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos
i was playing a friend and he had that deathwalker figure thing,i attacked it with syvvaris,he has 3 atack dice and the walker has 9 defense dice,everytime we played i killed it within 2 or 3 hits :P but then those guards that kinda look like deathwalker(i forgot the names) had 7 deffense dice and i just coudnt kill em
Yes, the DW's are notorious for whiffing defence, while less hearty figures survive. The ones you speak of are the Zettian Guards, btw.

Also, welcome theshadowfax!
Thanks for the welcome, NecroBlade!

Chiodos, yes, those Deathwalkers can be dominating, but not reliable due to that chance of one low defence roll. Characters like Sylvaris, or bonded characters, that can attack multiple times in a single turn can put the heat on Deathwalkers, if you bombard DW's with them. Play the odds.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 06:46 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Last night: 700 pt. 2v2 castle siege.

Our opponents bring out all range figures and decimate our army. After round 5, I think there were 27 dead figures.

THEN, the revive glyph is landed on. 12 of our figures come back into play. 12 FIGURES! I've never seen that many 19 and 20s rolled.

So this is wonderful, right? Wrong. We still lost the game

But man, that was wild!
I was fascinated by this post so I ran the numbers...

The chances of rolling a 19 or 20 on twelve of twenty seven rolls is:

1 in 279,394

Wow! That's truly an awesome event.
Interesting, Markwars. Thanks for figuring that out. Too bad we still lost. Only 279,392 games to go!
Old April 3rd, 2007, 08:43 PM

fejkl Woo who?
Back when I first started, my friend's AE drop and have height on my Syvarris. His first attack of the game, he rolls 4 skulls on Syv. I whiff. That still remains the fastest hero departure I've ever seen.

I've mentioned this before, but I once killed NGS in one ATTACK. My wolf rolled a 19 (had Khosumet), and then 8 skulls! My wife rolled 3 shields.

The funny thing is that she had been saving him to Mindshackle Khosumet. Alas for her, for Khosumet withstood 3 attacks from Su-Bak-Na to finish the game off with a vicotry for me.

I also once did 6 damage to Charos on one shot from a Sniper with height and Taelord. 3 skulls for me, not shields for Charos.

Finally, in our first game using Wave 6, My wife mindshackles my Q9 with KMS on her first try, only to have DeD pick off Q9 on his first try. My Shades surroung SBN and NGS and devour SBN's soul, only to have KMS come racing up and Mindshackle SBN right on back. Dan didn't stand a chance after that, as the previously-devoured-re-Mindshackled Su-Bak-Na closed in and annihilated him.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:19 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by fejkl
Back when I first started, my friend's AE drop and have height on my Syvarris. His first attack of the game, he rolls 4 skulls on Syv. I whiff. That still remains the fastest hero departure I've ever seen.

I've mentioned this before, but I once killed NGS in one ATTACK. My wolf rolled a 19 (had Khosumet), and then 8 skulls! My wife rolled 3 shields.

The funny thing is that she had been saving him to Mindshackle Khosumet. Alas for her, for Khosumet withstood 3 attacks from Su-Bak-Na to finish the game off with a vicotry for me.

I also once did 6 damage to Charos on one shot from a Sniper with height and Taelord. 3 skulls for me, not shields for Charos.

Finally, in our first game using Wave 6, My wife mindshackles my Q9 with KMS on her first try, only to have DeD pick off Q9 on his first try. My Shades surroung SBN and NGS and devour SBN's soul, only to have KMS come racing up and Mindshackle SBN right on back. Dan didn't stand a chance after that, as the previously-devoured-re-Mindshackled Su-Bak-Na closed in and annihilated him.
Too many figures being exchanged(and many high rolls)!!!!!! I wouldn't be able to stand that.
Old April 4th, 2007, 12:53 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but in my playgroup's last 6 player free-for-all, I had 6 ghosts and one of the opponents had Me-Burq-Sa, Braxas, Deadeye, and two squads of rats. During the fray, I used my ghosts to surround an opponent's hero and try to soul devour. It failed on Syvarris (another player) but the ghosts survived the attacks and then I left and tried to get Braxas. I fear Braxas like no other, and I figured my ghosts would all fry. However, he only took one of them out (two unlucky die rolls). Then, I proceeded to devour her! (one lucky roll). He was devastated, but I had more ghosts, and seeing the safe corner of the board, I hoarded them around his Deadeye and Me-Burq-sa (I wasn't much afraid of his rats, and I thought that those two heroes couldn't do much. They were close together so I could go adjacent to both. Sure enough -- I devoured Dedeye and Me-burq-sa. He pretty much gave up and simply took his rats to another opponent and had them all commit suicide by attacking Charos!

The kicker is that even though I stole 320 points worth of figures and lost only 100 . . . I was in the center of a very busy board and Braxas was already wounded badly. So I lost them all very quickly and was knocked out of the game shortly thereafter. Charos ended up winning (being boosted by a dead Eldgrim, Thorgrim, and Finn . . . really good strategy for a large free-for-all game).

My opponents all hate when I take ghosts now and they have a much greater respect for them (I'm sure).
Old April 12th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Taking out a whole 400 pt. army with just 3 Kravs, is one of the luckiest games I have ever had.

Another time with just the Vipers and great frenzy rolls, I had my enemies 400 pt army down to 40 pts after 1 round.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion