Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 17th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Vassago ~ VOTE FOR INITIAL!

Yea
Old September 17th, 2019, 01:44 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I don't think the Hell Lord should have to move for the autowound chance to trigger. As long as the horse is stomping around it should work, right?

Wording could probably be cleaned up but mechanically I think we're good for testing. Yea
I feel like a horse without a rider is much less dangerous. Sure he’s a pretty cool horse but he’s still a horse and doesn’t do much on his own
Old September 17th, 2019, 02:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I assumed he was somehow making fire or something like that. Also would not underestimate how strong a horse is. Maybe you could just ditch this line here?
Quote:
HELL LORD STEED
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of an unengaged Small or Medium Hell Lord you control adjacent to Vassago, instead of moving that figure normally, you may move Vassago with his normal movement. After you move Vassago, place the figure on an empty space adjacent to Vassago. If Vassago and the chosen figure was moved at least one space each, one at a time roll the 20-sided die for each figure adjacent to Vassago that is not a Hell Lord. If you roll 10 or higher, that figure receives a wound.
Considering the Hell Lord has to be unengaged before moving, I think it'll work thematically 95% of the time.

The other option I see is to make it more inspired by the power on C3V's Arthur. For example;
Quote:
HELLFIRE STEED
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of an unengaged Small or Medium Hell Lord you control adjacent to Vassago, instead of moving that figure normally, you may move Vassago with his normal movement. During this move, whenever a figure rolls a leaving engagement attack against Vasaggo and does not roll a skull, that figure receives one wound. After you move Vassago, place your Hell Lord on an empty space adjacent to Vassago.
Old September 17th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Historically, cavalry charges usually added momentum to the rider's weapons. This is why lances, such as those used by knights or, earlier, Alexander's Companion Cavalry, were favoured and so deadly, they were the perfect, driving weapons to deliver the full impact of a horse's charge to a speartip. Of course, the simple fact that you had a metric crapton of horse-muscle (and no, that's not suspect, or French...) barrelling towards you at breakneck speed was quite likely to kill you as well, and certainly helped a cavalry charge to shatter formations. (Particularly in later eras, pre the heavy use of gunpowder, or in earlier eras among the eastern Cataphracts, where in both cases the horse was likely heavily armoured.)
I could see either way here.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 17th, 2019, 02:47 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

He always has a flame effect, but doesn’t really shoot fire. He’s basically just normal cavalry for Lady Death, which is why I liked the auto wound, it’s supposed to represent was LO is talking about! I like it hitting multiple people, which can represent fire or magic or whatever, plus barreling through squads. We can totally add the autowounds to be without Hell Lords. I just feel like he’d be less of a support unit, which he’s supposed to be.

He regularly gets captured if LD isn’t around, by the way. People like to threaten her by holding Vassago (and they always die brutally)
Old September 17th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

My logic for not needing the Hell Lord to move is that there's going to be a lot of weird cases where you're already in the fray, using Vassago as a human shield (or equine shield), and moving him as little as possible just to deal some extra wounds to the people he's already engaged with. Like, you're not really riding him into battle or anything, you're already just sort of dancing him back and forth to trigger auto-wounds - it's just kind of a goofy image for Lady Death or whoever to be hopping on and off him as he prances over the same two spaces.
Old September 18th, 2019, 11:56 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 19th, 2019, 10:01 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
My logic for not needing the Hell Lord to move is that there's going to be a lot of weird cases where you're already in the fray, using Vassago as a human shield (or equine shield), and moving him as little as possible just to deal some extra wounds to the people he's already engaged with. Like, you're not really riding him into battle or anything, you're already just sort of dancing him back and forth to trigger auto-wounds - it's just kind of a goofy image for Lady Death or whoever to be hopping on and off him as he prances over the same two spaces.
Hmm, good point. How about I see how it feels during the initial and adjust it from there? If it does feel goofy I'll remove that line. Sound good?

I also believe this passes! Ultron is still much higher priority for me right now, so I'll hit Vassago sometime after that.
Old September 19th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Vassago ~ (Initial Playtest)

Yeah it's definitely not a dealbreaker for me either way - I did Yea it regardless - I just think I'd streamline it a bit and that seems like an obvious cut. Up to you and the other testers once he's on the board!
Old September 23rd, 2019, 04:55 PM
...has moist legs

So current small and medium Hell Lords are Daimon Hellstrom, Mephisto, Hela, Pluto, and Lady Death, correct? (Pluto isn't in the synergy archive, by the way).

Anything that would be good to see in these tests? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to these figures, and spells, so any help would be appreciated. I'm going to start by running just Vassago with Lady Death to see how they feel together, against other small armies and maybe some squads. But for army ideas after that I'm not sure the best way to put these guys together.
Old September 26th, 2019, 10:52 AM
...has moist legs

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

CONSISTENCY CHECKLIST (SHORT FORM)
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 28th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
So current small and medium Hell Lords are Daimon Hellstrom, Mephisto, Hela, Pluto, and Lady Death, correct? (Pluto isn't in the synergy archive, by the way).

Anything that would be good to see in these tests? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to these figures, and spells, so any help would be appreciated. I'm going to start by running just Vassago with Lady Death to see how they feel together, against other small armies and maybe some squads. But for army ideas after that I'm not sure the best way to put these guys together.
I ran an army like this for Mordo:

Baron Mordo, Daimon Hellstrom, Zombie, Wong, Hellfire: Fireball x6, Hellfire: Ignition x2 (750)

Mixing Vassago into something like that might be a good idea? Probably more of a thought for public testing than an initial, though. In general I don't think anything leaps out at me about Vassago that makes him a better pick for some Hell Lords than others.

Might be a little easier to try to exploit the auto-wounding with a ranged Hell Lord that you can keep out of engagement more easily, but I think they're pretty much all ranged, off the top of my head.

I think small games with Vassago + Hell Lord + maybe one or two other supporting pieces is a reasonable direction for the initial.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library