Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 9th, 2020, 04:35 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Joker (IV) (Design)

“Makes stuff happen” is a theme fail for me. You’re doing something specific with the mechanics (not a general boost like Cap or Star Lord), but with no reasoning behind it. I just want an explanation. Cap is a natural leader, and people follow his example. Star lord is great at bringing random folks together. Joker is chaotic, but how does that translate into only a couple of completely unrelated powers gaining an autowound? Like Carnage Spider Sense?
Old May 9th, 2020, 04:55 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like where things are at for the most part. I buy the change of class things to encourage you not playing with Harley and leaving Psychopaths to other IJL members to rope in Jokers.

My biggest thing is that I kinda want there to be even odds on taking or giving a wound from the first power since it feels more Joker to give and receive wounds equally at random.
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
You’re doing something specific with the mechanics (not a general boost like Cap or Star Lord)
That's an arbitrary distinction.

Quote:
Like Carnage Spider Sense?
I specifically want it to work on powers like that because Joker has a power like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
My biggest thing is that I kinda want there to be even odds on taking or giving a wound from the first power since it feels more Joker to give and receive wounds equally at random.
I think at that point he'd be too punishing to draft.
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:01 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

What if you only had to remove the marker if he dealt a wound to an opponent's figure?
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Is it kinda arbitrary that Joker League works specifically on D20 rolls? Yeah. But it’s also kinda arbitrary that Cap’s inspiration only works on A/D rolls or that Destiny’s probability manipulation only works on D20 rolls. Working on D20 rolls makes the most sense for Joker as a unit and as a parallel to Batman III.
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:10 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
I specifically want it to work on powers like that because Joker has a power like that.
I don’t understand what you mean. Talking about cheat Death? We can add it directly to that power with no issues!

Our strong theme is what sets us apart from other games like Heroclix. Each card should tell a story, and I can’t figure out this card’s story. If you can justify the mechanics in ANY WAY, I’ll be totally fine. I just need something here.
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:18 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Is it kinda arbitrary that Joker League works specifically on D20 rolls? Yeah. But it’s also kinda arbitrary that Cap’s inspiration only works on A/D rolls or that Destiny’s probability manipulation only works on D20 rolls. Working on D20 rolls makes the most sense for Joker as a unit and as a parallel to Batman III.

It's really not arbitrary. Cap inspires you to fight harder by example. It's a very clear theme. Destiny can see the future so she can help the odds of your mutants doing whatever. Batman is a bit more abstracted, but it's still just a general boost, with the same theme of Bats being a good leader and teaching your folks to fight better.

But Joker just... doing "stuff" with certain people? No theme at all. Why is Spider sense weaponized? I just need to know WHY and then I'm gold. Joke is chaos sure, but he's very organized and scheming chaos. I just don't buy him doing "stuff"
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I'm also happy with the current draft. I would probably slide Thief into his class lineup, which brings in some other Gotham types without roping in the whole Criminal faction.

Fall Guy in particular I like as-is - I don't think it SHOULD wound, because so many Joker pranks are harmless on the face. Like, you find a birthday cake with a head in it, you find out the dude you just killed was actually the mayor in a Joker mask, the bomb was just a balloon filled with confetti... but meanwhile Joker is using the distraction to set up his REAL plan. Ending a turn is fun, fairly impactful, and works great narratively - imagine the slow zoom in on GCPD officers looking at each other confused.

For the first power... like, could we name is "JOKER GIVES EVERYONE JOY BUZZERS" or "JOKER THROWS A BOMB WHENEVER SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS" or "THE BATTLEFIELD IS WHITTLED WITH WHOOPEE CUSHIONS THAT JOKER SETS OFF AT INTERVALS ONLY HE UNDERSTANDS" - sure! But I don't mind going with a fun mechanic that pushes Joker to work with interesting allies that I can make mean whatever I want.

Don't think of it as the card telling a story, think of it as the card providing a canvas that lets you tell your own story.
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think the Batman d20 'theme' was that he likes to be well prepared ahead of time. Keeping detailed files on everyone and everything, such that he can help his team improve the odds of success, not by seeing the future but rather by predicting the future based on past events.
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:36 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
I don’t understand what you mean. Talking about cheat Death? We can add it directly to that power with no issues!

Our strong theme is what sets us apart from other games like Heroclix. Each card should tell a story, and I can’t figure out this card’s story. If you can justify the mechanics in ANY WAY, I’ll be totally fine. I just need something here.
D20 rolls in our game represent moments of chance, where big probability-defying swings can happen that can totally change the outcome of a battle.

These moments are where Joker does his best work, subtly using various Joker-y methods (gadgets, poison, social manipulation, etc.) to achieve whatever his goals are. He has less ability to affect the more mundane parts of a battle, like two dudes punching each other.

I was typing out a bit about more specific theme, but I see Johnny covered most of what I wanted to say. There’s plenty of situations I can conjure up in my head where Carnage dodging leads to him or another character receiving wounds because of Joker’s influence. Maybe Joker secretly poisoned him during the battle, which slows his reaction time and causes him to take a hit while dodging. Maybe Joker jazzed Carnage up to be even more ruthless than usual, so he gets an extra hit in before dodging. Joker has a billion tricks up his sleeves, so it’s not hard to imagine whatever scenario might happen.
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What if we made it feel more like sabotage?

JOKER LEAGUE OF ANARCHY
At the start of the game, place a black Injustice Marker on this card for each Unique Hero you control with a class of Antagonist, Misfit, or Psychopath, to a maximum of 6. Before the 20-sided die is rolled on for a special power on a Unique Hero's Army Card during another Player's turn, you may remove an Injustice Marker from this card. If the roll is 5 or lower, that Unique Hero receives a wound. If the roll is 11 or higher, you must choose a figure adjacent to that Unique Hero to receive a wound, if possible.

Not sure if that crystallizes things more or not, but I think it gives it at least a little more of a "Joker screwing with your plans" feel to it.

I can see LP's perspective that the "story" being told here isn't quite coming through yet. I'm against the "blank canvas for your own story" logic, because that could be applied to any card, including one that's just a stat block.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 9th, 2020, 06:12 PM
Just A Head

More directly mirroring Batman III like that is kinda cool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library