Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2014, 09:39 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Aug-2014 HSers Upgrade thread

You don't even have to scroll down, there's a attachment icon to the right of the smilie box that allows you to manage that function.
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:43 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

It seems I don't have it (Attach Images or my Smilies box).

Obviously I'm on Windows 7 and Firefox (it's doing the same thing for Chrome, too).

EDIT: I'll also mention that my Smilies box is missing on my iPod so I'm guessing Safari is lacking it too. (I don't have the attach files on Safari either)
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:52 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm guessing the only reason superfrog has it is because SoV judges get some honorary Site Supporter features (like neg-rep functionality). I'm guessing attaching files is the same way.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:58 AM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm guessing the only reason superfrog has it is because SoV judges get some honorary Site Supporter features (like neg-rep functionality). I'm guessing attaching files is the same way.
Maybe.

As for my smilies box, I'm guessing the thing that was to the right of the text box is now replaced by the thing to the right of the Font Color changer thing?

So I'm not missing my smilies box and I'm not eligible for the File Attachment?

If so, the upgrade looks good except for the re-sizing of pictures.
Old August 8th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the updates @Xorlof !

I like how it's set up, except that the Today's Posts is now under the Quick Links, instead of it's own button. Today's Posts is more useful than New Posts, because if you somehow miss some New Posts, you will end up missing some of Today's Posts.

Is there any way for an individual to adjust that? I'd rather have Today's Post replace New Posts underneath my banner.

Last edited by MegaSilver; August 8th, 2014 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old August 8th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Thanks for the updates @Xorlof !

I like how it's set up, except that the Today's Posts is now under the Quick Links, instead of it's own button. Today's Posts is more useful than New Posts, because if you someone miss some New Posts, you will end up missing some of Today's Posts.

Is there any way for an individual to adjust that? I'd rather have Today's Post replace New Posts underneath my banner.
I second this.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thank you @Lyrgard , @Lazy Orang , @DanieLoche , @capsocrates , @superfrog , IAmBatman, @heroscaper2010 , @MegaSilver , @mac122 for your reports and for helping your fellow members. I have created an issues list in the OP and added the following items. I will update the OP (not this one) as I address them:

ISSUES LIST:
  1. [BUG] Post images no longer resized. Will fix.
  2. [BUG] Signature images no longer resized. Will fix.
  3. [BUG] Links from Gallery to Forum, Blog, and Downloads don't work. Will fix.
  4. [COMMENT] Interface changes will take time to get used to. Yep, but we want feedback. If you think something shouldn't be how it is, let us know
  5. [COMMENT] Subscribe button is now on top. I don't think either is objectively better (?), so no change unless we hear more requests.
  6. [BUG] Can't attach files to posts. This system isn't fully configured. We'll likely start with just select groups of members having this, expanding it as we see how it gets used. I anticipate all established members (>100 posts) will have it within a month.
  7. [BUG] Smilies box is missing. Not a bug. It is relocated to a dropdown next to the font color selection.
  8. [COMMENT] Two clicks to "Today's Posts" link is inconvenient. I agree. It's the primary way I browse. I'm trying it out to see if I should just give it time and retrain myself or if we really need it back. More feedback on this, please.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I second this.
I third this. It was the first thing I noticed.

Besides that, I love the new interface. The @ feature is going to be really useful when calling for votes.
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Subscribe button is now on top. I don't think either is objectively better (?), so no change unless we hear more requests.
I like the Subscribe Button where it is now. I thought that having to scroll to the bottom of the page was kind of inconvenient (yes, I'm that lazy)...

Quote:
Can't attach files to posts. This system isn't fully configured. We'll likely start with just select groups of members having this, expanding it as we see how it gets used. I anticipate all established members (>100 posts) will have it within a month.
Awesome! Can't wait!

Quote:
Smilies box is missing. Not a bug. It is relocated to a dropdown next to the font color selection.
Figured so, but wanted to make sure.

Quote:
Two clicks to "Today's Posts" link is inconvenient. I agree. It's the primary way I browse. I'm trying it out to see if I should just give it time and retrain myself or if we really need it back. More feedback on this, please.
I'm fine either way... I never really used it but now that you guys mention it... Is there any true difference besides that New Posts just shows new ones and Today's Post shows all from today (in chronological order, so New Posts are first)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
...I love the new interface. The @ feature is going to be really useful when calling for votes.
Love it already!

Thanks, @Xorlof for the terrific update!
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:37 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Subscribe being at the top is actually objectively better--I was just joking about how I have to retrain myself.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Is there any true difference besides that New Posts just shows new ones and Today's Post shows all from today (in chronological order, so New Posts are first)?
Advantage of Today's Posts--shows new and old posts from last day. Sometimes a post gets auto-marked as read as you browse and you can notice that by looking at the top of the read section of Today's Posts. That's why I use it rather than New Posts.

Advantage of New Posts--if you're gone for more than one day you can see everything that is new.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:58 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Emailman

In the one post I was tagged in I then received an email informing me of the fact. I check Scapers often enough that this is something of a mild annoyance to me as I'm essentially getting double notified and it clutters up my inbox. I can see how the feature might be useful for people who check less frequently but I'd like to not have to worry about it. Done kind if toggling capability would be nice but I have no idea if I'm just the weird guy here or not.

~Dysole, who will probably gerrymander some email rule if he is in the minority on this
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online