Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 26th, 2011, 10:35 PM

ZeroCell Woo who?
A HS Noob's First Customs (Halo)

Greetings HS community,

I'm a Star Wars Minis player who found HS (about 3 days ago) as a method to reuse the dying brand as well as an excellent way to combine it with other minis games, as well as its own vast array of units.

So, with very basic knowledge of HS, its rules, and unit balance, here's the first couple custom cards I made for some HaloClix Spartan figures which I picked up for next to nothing on eBay.

Any comments or critique would be appreciated!

---------------------

Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Updated all the cards with hopefully improved wording, some improved images, and edited stats/abilities.

Last edited by ZeroCell; February 28th, 2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old February 26th, 2011, 10:48 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: A HS Noob's First Customs (Halo)

These are pretty good! Some are a bit underpriced like the first one. What program did you use?

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Heroscape cards do not make references to "characters" as some of these cards do.
or "enemy"

However I think you did an excellent job and deserve a slow clap (I wish there was a slow clap smiley)

Also I don't think they should all be called spartan II's
maybe

Spartan marksman
Spartan swordsman
Spartan demolitions expert
Spartan sergent
Spartan Sniper
Spartan warrior
Spartan Vector
ect.

And finally spartan figures are closer to medium 6 than medium 7 (which no heroscape figures have)
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
Heroscape cards do not make references to "characters" as some of these cards do.
or "enemy"

However I think you did an excellent job and deserve a slow clap (I wish there was a slow clap smiley)
Some card do refer to opposing forces as "enemy". This is however a very old way, but is accepted by (I'm guessing) the majority of the customs community.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:13 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
or "enemy"

Some card do refer to opposing forces as "enemy". This is however a very old way, but is accepted by (I'm guessing) the majority of the customs community.
I can't think of any, but I usually don't hang around in the customs thread so I guess it makes sense I would't notice that.

thankyou for your information Flameslayer.
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:23 PM

ZeroCell Woo who?

Wow, that was fast!

@Neo: I used the MSE 2.4 with Marvel templates. Works like a charm. Also used Paint.net for working with the character images.

Quote:
or "enemy"
And there comes my background with Star Wars. What terminology should I use instead to make it more "Heroscapey"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72
Also I don't think they should all be called spartan II's
maybe

Spartan marksman
Spartan swordsman
Spartan demolitions expert
Spartan sergent
Spartan Sniper
Spartan warrior
Spartan Vector
An excellent idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72
And finally spartan figures are closer to medium 6 than medium 7 (which no heroscape figures have)
Thanks for the clarification. I had mistakenly assumed the "average" human height was 6 and made the Spartans 7.

Thanks for the lightning fast advice.
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:41 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Heroscape cards generally use the term "figure" or "figures"

And average for most humans is around 5, so 6 would make them tallish people (~6" 5'?)
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:46 PM

ZeroCell Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post

And average for most humans is around 5, so 6 would make them tallish people (~6" 5'?)
They're supposed to be around 7 feet tall. So anytime I put "character", "enemy", or the like, I should use "figure(s)"?

Thanks!
Old February 27th, 2011, 12:30 AM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post

They're supposed to be around 7 feet tall. So anytime I put "character", "enemy", or the like, I should use "figure(s)"?

Thanks!
Just about. However, because they're uncommon squads you'll need to say this.

IE: instead of this charachter, say This Spartan II

Instead of enemy, say enemy figure.
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:10 AM

ZeroCell Woo who?

All cards are updated in the original post. Are these any better? I'm trying to keep them all the same cost to represent their equality as spartans, but feel like some of the different weapons make that a unlikely possibility.
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCell View Post
All cards are updated in the original post. Are these any better? I'm trying to keep them all the same cost to represent their equality as spartans, but feel like some of the different weapons make that a unlikely possibility.
Your right, you won't be able to keep them the same cost. It's impossible with the HS gameset.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 28th, 2011, 09:44 AM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Great job! The only critique I have is that, I always see that those who are new to customizing always say "when the figure is activated". I don't know where you hear it, but you do. Anyways, it's "reveal an Order Marker", not "activated". For the Needler power, it would be "If this Spartan inflicts a wound, the next time an Order Marker is revealed on the defending figure's Army Card, roll the 20-sided die."
Also I agree that they should have varying point costs. For the Sniper, 12 Range and a certainty of not rolling defense is quite powerful. Why would you ever move him if he has a range of 12? That's half of most battlefields! I suggest 130 for his points. Anyways, great job!

My customs HERE.
With Two Es

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards