Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 11th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
The Heroscape Card Game

With K Wang gone, and having given up on his project months ago, I decided to take over. Originally I was going to use his images and the program that he used but I haven't heard from him in a while and I think it would be easier for me to just start from scratch. I'm currently working on the cards while thinking about how the game mechanics will work. This post will link to all important updates and will also serve as the place for any discussion on this topic. If you'd like to suggest anything at all please do not hesitate, help is appreciated.

Here's K Wang's original topic
7/11/07 - General Templates Complete
7/12/07 - RotV Collection (3/30)

When this game is done we'll be able to develop some kind of forum game hopefully. I'll also keep all the images here and in the Gallery so they're available for download if you'd like to print them out and actually play the game (which I plan to do). I also HOPE to develop some sort of computer game, using Flash or some other program I'm familiar with. Again, I'll keep you updated, please post your thoughts!

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, for the stats I'm using the Basic Play HS stats as there won't be a life system in the card game. That's where the attack and defense are coming from.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Finished the templates for all the generals
EDIT: Resized all the cards

Old July 11th, 2007, 11:14 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Why the use of the basic game stats? If you are using the abilities from the advanced game I would keep the advanced game stats, otherwise you have to reprice every unit. I see the problem with life though. Maybe some one else has a solution, but what I would do is laminate the cards then you can write on them to show a life has been taken off. There is probably an easier way, I just can't think of one.

Old July 12th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Forum Moderator

Well, the game doesn't exactly have a price system either so it doesn't matter. It's a card game version of HS, but it IS a card game. So at the moment I see no need for a life or price system, if anyone does please feel free to let it be known. And, since it's a card game you won't be drafting armies. Your army will be your deck and the game relies on luck of the draw. There will be many other cards that aren't units, like glyphs and other things that can be used to your advantage. Also, the life is really the defense. That's why I used the basic stats, the stats are altered to make up for the difference in lives. Using specials and basic stats isn't really that much of a problem. The stats are really changed in the basic game because there is no life system so figures with more lives just have stronger defense.

Everything will make more sense as the game progresses, trust me. For now just know that it will probably be a lot like Yu-Gi-Oh, as I was pretty into that for a while and am familiar with the gameplay. I've also played other games and will be putting in some original things as well. You'll see

Old July 12th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Forum Moderator

RotV Collection
(3/30 completed)

Old July 12th, 2007, 08:48 AM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
The useage of 1000 seema a little clunky the last 3 digits seeing no useage, try editing it down to 1 or 2 digits. a,la 1000-1 50000-50, otherwise looks good! i cant wait to see rules.

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:01 AM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
OH i got some more ideas for you. move means the order of attack. 7 move goes before 6,6 goes before 5, so on and so forth. Points how mutch it costs to put into play, you start every turn with say,500 points. mimring costs say,250 points so you could still put out ne-gok-sa. gliphs would have a point cost and have a ongoing benafit to your army, or a one time thing like "Gliph of Kelda, pay 100 points then but a destrowed figure back into play, then descard this card".

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Forum Moderator

I really like your idea for a point system, up to this point I had just been ignoring it, but that sounds practical. I wasn't sure about the 1 - 1000 thing, I've actually been asking around for different peoples opinions. I just thought that 1000 looked more impressive and a little more "card game like."

Thanks, and please keep the suggestions coming!

Old July 12th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter
The useage of 1000 seema a little clunky the last 3 digits seeing no useage, try editing it down to 1 or 2 digits. a,la 1000-1 50000-50, otherwise looks good! i cant wait to see rules.
You'll see when the rules come out that there actually is a useage for the last three digits. Larger numbers are easier to work with, I'm putting in some special items and things that will have different effects on the game. You'll see

Old July 12th, 2007, 06:28 PM

K Wang has disabled reputation
Hehe. I'm back. I asked a couple times if anyone wanted to take over.
Old July 12th, 2007, 06:32 PM

K Wang has disabled reputation
Oh yeah if you want me to upload all the images and some of the programming I did just ask. I did the Utgar and Jandar from RotV and some items.
Old July 12th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Forum Moderator

Yea I responded in that thread and Pmed you a while ago but didn't here from you for a while so I just went with it. I'd love to get my hands on what you've already completed

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion