Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old April 6th, 2015, 07:34 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Tagawa Samurai

Tagawa Samurai
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 31st, 2015, 02:58 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If a different power added purple experience markers, would the Tagawa Samurai still be limited to 3?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 31st, 2015, 09:07 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
If a different power added purple experience markers, would the Tagawa Samurai still be limited to 3?
I would say no. The Bloodlust ability can place a maximum of three. Anything placed by another ability, even if it were a purple experience maker, I would think would need to be limited, if desired, but the power that places it.

I would think it is a design concern for anything else that wanted to place "purple experience markers", because "purple experience markers" already exist in the design space. Simply calling them "purple valor markers", even if they were the same physical pieces, would fix the potential issue.

If designing another figure that intentionally gave more purple experience markers to the Tagawa Samurai and any other customs that used the Bloodlust ability, I would tend to have that figure reference Bloodlust in some way to make it clear that those markers were being treated as part of the three marker limit.

~Aldin, probably overthinking it

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 1st, 2016, 09:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For my first attempt at painting I'm thinking of modding some excess Samurai into these guys...I'm also color blind to an extent and can't for the life of me figure out what color their clothing is suppose to be. I was assuming purple to match the markers but some photo's appear brown to me.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 1st, 2016, 09:39 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
For my first attempt at painting I'm thinking of modding some excess Samurai into these guys...I'm also color blind to an extent and can't for the life of me figure out what color their clothing is suppose to be. I was assuming purple to match the markers but some photo's appear brown to me.

Goldish armor with purple robes underneath.
Old November 1st, 2016, 09:55 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

Goldish armor with purple robes underneath.
Great. Thanks Cav.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:57 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

If a Tagawa Samurai figure is standing on a Glyph of Wannok and rolls high enough for one of the opponent's figures to be wounded, and they choose a figure with only 1 life left, can the Tagawa Samurai gain a purple Experience marker?
Old January 30th, 2018, 09:56 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
If a Tagawa Samurai figure is standing on a Glyph of Wannok and rolls high enough for one of the opponent's figures to be wounded, and they choose a figure with only 1 life left, can the Tagawa Samurai gain a purple Experience marker?
No, wannok deals the wound.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 30th, 2018, 11:29 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
No, wannok deals the wound.
Thanks for the clarification. I saw debate over this in the SoV thread for resolving where the wound comes from (Wannok or the figure), so I figured that asking what the answer is would be more appropriate here.

Last edited by Astroking112; January 31st, 2018 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Added a link.
Old March 31st, 2018, 01:15 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Just played a game on Sirrocco with these guys. I had them come up around a mountain and my opponent didn't really try to circumvent their advance (instead wanting to hold the other half of the map with the glyph of Astrid on it, while fighting my Tagawa Samurai Archers for it). She brought a band of Mohicans to try to fight them off as they approached her Startzone, and the first one proceeded to get Counterstrike'd. The next two were cut through like butter. That next round, the Tagawas proceeded to obliterate the startzone, taking out custom Heavy Mariedians, more Mohicans, and Brave Arrow. What a game with them. I think that was probably the most damage I've ever seen them do. Brutally effective units if your opponent ignores them.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units