Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old February 5th, 2021, 06:35 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Katryn Vade (Nahiri, Fuy in Stone) (Editing)

Hey Pod 2! Long time no see. Happy to see Katryn get honed in. But not super thrilled that she's 150 points. I can't see this build being much more than Drake 1 personally (weakness to range in exchange for the Multi-hit SA). I'm personally thinking 100-110 here, with a nudge towards 100 since she does have 1 less base attack (and huge attack scores aren't as valuable thus far in AotV as they are in RotV).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 5th, 2021, 09:15 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Hey Pod 2! Long time no see. Happy to see Katryn get honed in. But not super thrilled that she's 150 points. I can't see this build being much more than Drake 1 personally (weakness to range in exchange for the Multi-hit SA). I'm personally thinking 100-110 here, with a nudge towards 100 since she does have 1 less base attack (and huge attack scores aren't as valuable thus far in AotV as they are in RotV).
Hey Flame! Good to see you around again! I agree that she could easily be knocked down to that price range. She's got a slightly nicher immunity too (ranged normals vs. size focused powers) and weaker attack, though the special attack is strong enough to put her on par with Drake 1 in my opinion.
Old February 5th, 2021, 10:23 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Hey flameslayer, its great to have you back! I think the 140 point price tag is just leftover from when she still had Oathsworn Guardian. I definitely think that without that power she should land around 100-110.
Old February 5th, 2021, 03:34 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Nothing wrong with having a Drake in the box either.
Old February 5th, 2021, 05:20 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Agreed on price reduction, not worth 140 as is.
Old February 8th, 2021, 10:00 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been criminally inactive, and I sincerely apologize.

What can I do to contribute?

For right now, I will say I'm inclined to agree that she's a tad overcosted, but I can understand wanting to be safe.

Last edited by Alexandros; February 18th, 2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old February 10th, 2021, 11:49 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

We can probably put her at 120?
Old February 11th, 2021, 12:00 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

120 seems a bit high to me for a melee hero with 5L and 3D but I'd be willing to start there and drop it if testing proves she's underpowered.

My guess would have been 100-110.
Old February 12th, 2021, 12:22 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

110 feels like a safe start, to me.
Old February 12th, 2021, 05:44 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah 110 sounds good, she pretty much on par with Sgt. Drake 1 with some different uses.
Old February 13th, 2021, 07:05 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

110 seems like a good starting spot. I'd wager she'll end up around 120
Old February 13th, 2021, 09:53 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Game 2 of the evening with the always lovely LoveElemental.

Played on this map, with the scenario rule that the cave is dark: Range for normal attacks, special attacks, and ranged powers are cut by 1.

Armies were:
Katryn Vade (110 pts)

Airborne Elite
Tagawa Samurai Archers x4

vs

Marcu Esenwein
Blastatrons x3
Gladiatrons x3

Round 1, the Airborne dropped onto the Pillars of Har but I had lost initiative. This resulted in losing one of the Airbornes on the pillars getting killed by a 'Tron. Although I tried to use the good range of the Airborne, her Blastatrons just managed to shrug off a lot of attacks from the soldiers (the 'trons were boosted by Gerda). After a few rounds, it became apparent I just couldn't kill her figures quickly enough. LoveElemental also had control of Gerda, Wannok, and Dagmar, greatly increasing her mill+offense capability. Katryn had killed a couple of Blastatrons with her special attack, but when she was surrounded by beacons she just got ripped apart. Being able to manuever around the Cyberclaw was a neat trick, but ultimately this build just wasn't toppling the Tronroller.

2 OMs placed on Katryn (1 of which was lost). She killed two Blasts with her special attack, and Aspect let her move despite Cyberclaw once. Maybe I should have been more aggressive with her usage.

The pillars were a pretty big deal this game, making my Airborne Elite a lot more solid distraction against LoveElemental's forces. While a Round 1 drop is a scary effect, it is handle-able if some form of range is available. That would suggest that in terms of the MS especially, full melee builds are gonna a weaker option. Fortunately, in all of the MS-only metas, full melee is weaker (simply by virtue of melee being not all that good).

Without any defense bonuses, Katryn is going to have a harder time in highly competitive metas. I wonder how she'll do in bring 2 esque formats, or in drafts. Probably better than this showing (where 4 attacks per turn isn't the norm, its the expectation).

(not actual game footage)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs