Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 17th, 2007, 01:22 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Emerald City Scapers: Seattle Tourny 10/20 - Prizes Updated

The tournament was a blast! Thank you to all that were able to attend and make this such a fun time. Post event posts start on page 9

Final standings and armies:
Elstree (Minions x2, Marro Stingers x4, Marcu, Isamu)
Sexecution (Cyprien, Sonya, Ornak, Krug, Heavy Gruts, Isamu)
PhilthePhreak (Laglor, Major Q9, Alastair MacDirk, Krav Maga)
David W. (Aubrien Archers x3, Sonlen, Acolarh, Kyntela)
Darkclown789 (Braxas, Kaemon Awa, Marro Warriors, 3x Deathreavers)
Harvey (Marrden Hounds, Brunak, Kelda, Tor-Kul-Na)
Gai_boy (Sgt. Drake V1, Mimring, Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Kaemon Awa, Isamu)
Jayko (Charos, Me-Burq-Sa, Zombies x2, Sgt. Drake V1, Isamu)
Imdamoose (Arrow Gruts x2, Zombies x3, Cyprien, Raelin V1)
Onslaugh42 (Concan, Sentinels, Major Q10, Kaemon Awa, Eldgrim, Isamu)
Stephen (Mimring, Arrow Gruts, Izumi Samurai, Airborne Elite, 4th Mass, Zettian)
Oni (Master Woo, Monks x2, Shades x2)
Luna (Braxas, Raelin V1, Syvarris, Marro Warriors, Tarn Vikings)
Carter (Jotun, Raelin V1, Airborne Elite, Thorgrim)
*JanderSunstar (Mardden Hounds, Deathstalkers, Omnicron Snipers x2, Guilty McCreech, Marcu, Marro Warriors)
*Bunjee (Sonlen, Drake V1, Raelin V1, Krav Maga, Me-Burq-Sa)
*Adrian (Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Krav Maga, Agent Carr, Nilfheim)

The * entries took byes or had to leave early.

The maps we used were:
Arctic Divide by UranusPChicago - BoV map
Broken Skyline by LongHeroscaper - BoV map
Embattled Fen by GameBear
Forsaken Waters by Hasbro from Rise of the Valkyrie Master set maps
Highways and Dieways by UranusPChicago - BoV map
HopScorch by Elstree
Mole Hills by Jonathan - BoV map
Nerak's Passage by CornPuff
Spineback Ridge by GameBear

----------------------------------

Ok all, time to stand up and be counted. In the better late than never category I'm organizing Seattle's October 20th Tournament.

Please post to this thread if you are definitely coming or are interested. I may be contacting some of you directly if I know you aren't on the forums much. Lets talk about our theme, our format, anything and everything.

We're at our normal location:
Third Place Commons meeting room
Lake Forest Park Towne Centre
17171 Bothell Way NE, Lake Forest Park, WA 98155
Directions
I posted a flyer at that location for people in the area:
Emerald City Heroscapers - National Heroscape Day

I'm planning the setup to begin at 1:15pm and sign in to begin at 1:45pm. This may have to flex depending on when the prior group gets out. Please let me know if you are available to help setup. Tournament basics:
Participation is Free!
Prize table will be open to participants who bring a prize (or prize money) to donate.
500 point army
45 minute rounds, 15 minute breaks.
Swiss style

This should have the tournament done by 7-8pm, we'll still have the room until 10pm so we can have post Tournament revelry and open gaming time.

So far we have definite attendance for the event from:
Bunjee
Elstree
JanderSunstar
Sexecution
David (not on forum)
Darkclown789
Jayko
Carter
Imdamoose (Sterling)
Sterling's brother Adrian
AgentDex
Renquist (+1)
Philthephreak
Peter (not on forum) (+1 maybe)
Stephen and Luna (not on forum)
Harvey (not on forum)
Onslaught42 (+1 maybe)
Oni
Rodeath

Maybe:
daveblank

That is 22+ registered! I'm so glad we found some more maps we like to have everyone play on!

Update with some prize table items, I haven't heard from people about what they are bringing yet and I'm hoping to get some local gaming stores to pitch in.
Update!!! Hasbro sent Prizes!
3 Swarm of the Marro Master sets!!!!!

Sandra from HouseMouse has given us a $50 gift certificate!!!

Additionally we have:
Fortress of the ArchKyrie
Utgar Flagbearer
Jandar Flagbearer
Laminated Heroscape collection posters
Carcassonne - Ark of the Covenant
Some small expansions broken apart
-Ninjas and Samurai (Thank you JanderSunstar & Sexecution)
-Drones and Minions (Thank you JanderSunstar & Sexecution)
-Warriors and Soulborgs (Ashra and Rats)
-Gladiators and Agents

Marvel Legends Black Panther Figure (Thank you Onslaught42)
Old September 17th, 2007, 02:49 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I was fussing around with some logo/art thoughts to start publicizing this and future events. Here's my first go round, let me know what you think.
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Go Seattle - It is great to see more Nat. Heroscape Tourney's popping up, I think this is great. I had one in Canton last year and only had 9 people ( still got sponsered by HouseMouse & Hasbro - big props thansk so much to both - especially to Sandra at HouseMouse for the $50 gift Certificate ) last year at mine, now I got 30 signed up and 25+ maybes, so that is great I can't wait for Nat. Heroscape Day.

Scape On'

Since Seattle is the Glass Capital of the world, I may send you guys a prize ( I am a glass artist, when I get to Ohio I am going to try and make a few prizes out of glass, not sure if I can actually cast a figure out of glass - it may be etching or sandblasting onto a blown vessel ), but If I figure out something cool to have for the Ohio Tourneyment I will make an extra for yours ( when I was in School I got a scholorship to Pilchuck - up near you guys ). But time will tell.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
Go Seattle - It is great to see more Nat. Heroscape Tourney's popping up, I think this is great. I had one in Canton last year and only had 9 people ( still got sponsered by HouseMouse & Hasbro - big props thansk so much to both - especially to Sandra at HouseMouse for the $50 gift Certificate ) last year at mine, now I got 30 signed up and 25+ maybes, so that is great I can't wait for Nat. Heroscape Day.

Scape On'

Since Seattle is the Glass Capital of the world, I may send you guys a prize ( I am a glass artist, when I get to Ohio I am going to try and make a few prizes out of glass, not sure if I can actually cast a figure out of glass - it may be etching or sandblasting onto a blown vessel ), but If I figure out something cool to have for the Ohio Tourneyment I will make an extra for yours ( when I was in School I got a scholorship to Pilchuck - up near you guys ). But time will tell.
Wow, that would be sweet. I'll try and think of something that might be good for your group if you can swing that. I never thought about prize trades.
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:41 AM

JanderSunstar has disabled reputation
I think we should call it "Emeral City Heroscape Day" Because we havent had much actual rain as of late, and that mountain reminds me of the Wiz anyway.
I like it!

Put David down in the maybe catagory. He says he wants to go right now, but plans change.
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Bunjee- You don't need to send anything our way, but that is a great offer. I am a big seattle fan ( it is the glass capital of the world , I am a glass artist ), and since I am all over the boards promoting NHSD, I thought it would be a nice jester to a new tourneyment , doubt it will help bring people in to it, but who knows. ANd I havn't made anything yet to send your way!

I put glass on the table as prizes at any tourneyment I have gone to , they are picked last having nothing to do with heroscape, but extra prizes is always good IMO

Scape On.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 17th, 2007, 12:41 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation
We should be able to make it, and I'll see if I can squeeze 1-3 more people than the usual three of us. The more the merrier!

Darkclown

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old September 17th, 2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkclown789
We should be able to make it, and I'll see if I can squeeze 1-3 more people than the usual three of us. The more the merrier!

Darkclown
Just so long as I can get some fairly solid within a couple weeks. We'll need to make sure we have enough maps setup when everyone gets there.
Old September 17th, 2007, 03:54 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Cheer!

Go seattle!
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanderSunstar
I think we should call it "Emeral City Heroscape Day" Because we havent had much actual rain as of late, and that mountain reminds me of the Wiz anyway.
I like it!

Put David down in the maybe catagory. He says he wants to go right now, but plans change.
Well, I kind of liked going with something other than the Emerald City standard. But here is the same thing with Emerald (I kept dropping the d like you did, funny how that happens)
Does anyone else have a preference?

Old September 18th, 2007, 02:02 AM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkclown789

Darkclown
Just so long as I can get some fairly solid within a couple weeks. We'll need to make sure we have enough maps setup when everyone gets there.
Will do.

Darkclown

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I will come, and I have two friends, one who is an almost definite, and one (Peter, who was there Saturday) who is a probable.

I think the glacier peak forming a mountain and the 'Scape trees forming trees is awesome! I like "Rain City."

Um... now a question.

What do you mean, "45 minute rounds?" Do you mean that each game will be 45 minutes? 45 minute maximum?

I'll see today if my friends can come!

P.S. Thanks for hosting this.

EDIT: OK, I still don't know whether my friends are coming, but I figured out what a Swiss style tourney is!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events